Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Update January 31

A quick update for today. I am planning a full wipe as soon as this Wednesday and for sure this week. It all depends on what gets done today and tomorrow.

So if you want to take some screenshots and videos of your villages, now is the time!

Update February 1

A quick server and client patch is up. Please continue to report all crashes, with your crash_log files from the Xsyon/Logs directory attached.

This patch includes:

Features and Revisions

- Creature collision map has been implemented for buildings and boulders.
    - Crash log system further improved. This is helping us a lot!

Fixes

- The cause for recent 'random' client crashes has been tracked and fixed.
    - Automatic unlocking of containers that get stuck 'open' or 'busy' during a client crash or other situations.
    - A few armor parts have been fixed.
    - Creature animations have been updated.

That's all for now. The main reason for this patch is to test the fixes we implement for client

Update February 2

A quick update today. No patch or wipe today. We're going to wind things down in Siberia (where the team is) in a few hours and I want another full day of internal testing for the quest system and some database changes that are going in for this upcoming patch.

I'm going to keep plugging away throughout the day making some final tweaks to the quest system. Additional good news is that we found a TCP issue affecting ping rate and fixed it and have made a lot of progress on various client crashes.

So the next big patch will be either tomorrow or Friday, as soon as it's ready and tested. Stay tuned!

Update February 4

Just keeping everyone posted since I was planning to update by today. I'm still waiting on a few things from the team, so I'll patch things out as soon as possible. Thanks to the new crash logs that players have been sending we've caught a few bugs that were causing very random client crashes so that's been taking a bit of extra time, but should be worth it.

Back to the code for me.

Update February 6

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I'm currently uploading files for an update. I need a bit of rest today, so I'm taking a break while the files upload and the wipe and patch will happen tonight. I just wanted to keep you all informed.

Update February 6

A quick server and client patch is up. Please continue to report all crashes, with your crash_log files from the Xsyon/Logs directory attached.

This patch includes:

Features and Revisions

- The basic Quest system has been implemented. This can be accessed at a tribe's totem.

A few notes:
    • You must enter a valid 'goal' item when creating a quest. This can be the name of any in game object and the server checks to validate if this object is available or not for that quest type.
    • Only tribe members with permissions can create quests at a totem.
    • Any player can accept and complete quests, even if they are not in the tribe.
    • Quests will give experience. This is not finalized yet and will be in an upcoming patch.
    • Hunting and Crafting quests will be finalized soon and will require the player to hunt or craft the items collected.
    • Quests are currently managed at a totem. I plan to add a personal quest panel for easier quest management soon.
    Fixes
    - A problem with the sockets system that was causing some minor lag and fluctuating ping rates has been corrected. Ping rates should be more stable now and the monitor should more accurately reflect the actual ping rate.

- Thanks to everyone's crash logs we've fixed several causes of random crashes and crashes crossing sectors. We have a few more fixes in progress. Please continue to send crash log reports.

The world and terrain have been wiped for this update. It was necessary because of changes to the database structure. There will be one more final wipe before the launch.

Enjoy!

Update February 7

After a few quick updates the servers should be back up and working correctly now. I patched out changes that were just delivered to resolve a few more client crash issues. If you are getting any client crashes after this last update, please make sure to post them in the bug report section or contact us through the support email with attached logs from your Xsyon/Logs folder.

Update February 9

First I need to announce that the Final Wipe will take place on Friday February 18th. I've decided to set that date instead of the 14th for several reasons:

- It makes more sense to do the final wipe for a weekend to give more players a chance to get in at the same time.
    - We are upgrading our download server and it may take up until the middle of next week.
    - This gives us a few more days to implement some plans we have to make starting locations safe.

A quick server and client patch is up. Yes, I finally implemented stack splitting. It was sitting on my list forever.

Features and Revisions

- Stack splitting (hold Shift and click to split a stack)
    - Icon dragging revised. You can now click to pick up and click to drop an icon in addition to the old drag and drop.

Fixes

- Problem with invalid item messages when adding and removing from construction ghosts fixed.
    - Duplicate quest rewards can no longer be added.
    - Containers and crafter objects can be properly added and retrieved through quests.
    - Missing tool_pins corrected
    - A few other crash causes were detected and fixed.
    - Additional error tracking for two remaining crash caused was added so we can see what's going on.

Update February 13

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

First an announcement.

We are in the process of setting up a second Xsyon world on European servers!

Players will be able to connect to both locations if they desire. You won't be forced to play on a particular server, but this will give European players much better connections if they choose to play on the new servers.

We are currently waiting on our host company to set up the new servers. The download server at our US location will also be upgraded and we are preparing an additional Trial server.

We are considering setting up additional servers in both the US and Europe that will be more war oriented where we will remove safe zones and make some adjustments. At the moment this is very likely, but we have no set date for this.

The server and client have been updated and patched out. The main reason for this update is to fix a problem with saving character schemes we discovered yesterday. This was the cause for data rollbacks yesterday and this morning. I will be carefully monitoring the server to make sure this issue is fixed.

We may wipe with the next update to clear out corrupted data to help us test a few final changes that are going in this week.

With this update:

Features and Revisions

- Tools have been revised. This is a step towards crafting revisions in progress that have been a long time coming and will be finished with the next update.

- Other crafting revisions are in progress. These will become more visible (with tooltips over icons) with the next update.

- Containers can be placed inside buildings. This will provide protection from decay. We are working to fix a few issues with placing containers through walls at the moment.

- Support for low net book resolutions.

Fixes

- Quest goal input has been revised to ignore spaces and punctuation when searching for a matching valid name. Apostrophes can be entered but are not required to find a valid name.

- A major problem with saving character schemes was discovered and fixed.

What's going in before the final wipe?

As much as possible! At the moment we are focused on:
    - Crafting revisions.
    - Tribe placement corrections.
    - Differences between Tribes and Homesteads (single player totems).
    - Revised and safe starting locations.
    - Unstuck command.
    - Terraforming exploit fixes.

Before the launch we will continue with:
    - Combat corrections. I started looking into this, but I switched to other more crucial changes
    - Minor tribe improvements.
    - Death adjustments.

At launch we will turn on:
    - Many more creatures.
    - New architecture parts.

For the first few days after the final wipe, only Tribes of 10 members will be able to place totems. I may lower this number, based on current tribe sizes after I examine the database.

After a few days, solo players will be able to claim Homesteads.

The European servers should be available before the end of the month.

What I am hoping to do with this is to stagger the launch so that you all don't feel rushed to play at once and that players can settle in nicely on the two servers without too much chaos!

We will then continue with improvements, additions and evolutions!

That's all for now. I apologize that I haven't been able to handle the FAQ questions recently. I will do so as soon as possible. With the new servers getting set up and plans to expand the team in March, there are many things taking priority right now.

Enjoy!

Update February 14

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a heads up for right now. We are going to patch out an update today that will require a full wipe. We fixed a recent problem with the server that caused the saving of bad data, so to properly test the rest of the week and ensure that our changes are correct, the best solution is a wipe.

I apologize for this. Under normal circumstances we could write scripts to clean up this data if something like this occured. However, we need to press on with more important things.

I will post here when the update is ready.