40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep things the way they are now...No Fix

16 40.00%
  • Implement bound starter tools thatlast forever or degrade over time

14 35.00%
  • Create Hardcore Char re-roll Timer of 24 hours

10 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Putting a timer on re-roll only hinders people who may have made a mistake, or maybe they didn't like what they chose etc.
    A re-roll timer will never happen. You start punishing people for making character creation mistakes, you start losing money. Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    I am def against anything being bound as this is a major downfall so let us again follow the steps of the best there ever was but a little more Hardcore.

Ultima Online had a 5 min timer on Char Reroll.

Xsyon could implement a 24 hour timer on Char Re-roll. ...
    Sorry, very bad idea. Just imagine the new player that comes into the game, gets ganked 5 minutes later losing his pants, tools and weapons. And you want to tell him he has to wait 24 hours before he can have another chance to play the game he just bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    How exactly does having a few starter tools as bound(wow did not invent this concept btw) negatively effect the game world? Clear answer please. Right now, all it will do is prevent the reroll exploit. This is the easiest solution to the problem. Putting a timer on re-roll only hinders people who may have made a mistake, or maybe they didn't like what they chose etc.
    My opinion depends on how it is bound.

If the tool quickly degrade and is broken after a few days of use then it would be managable i suppose.

If the tool last forever....then there are varying issues.

Also it creates a precedant in terms of in the future, players requesting item insurance or more items that could be bound based on etc.... etc....

Also...how does somone make a char creation mistake? It doesn't seem likley that you picked the wrong skill....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of people rerolling a ton of times, but I voted to keep it the way it is.

The starter tools we get won't have much trade value, especially if decay comes in, but finding yourself lacking one particular tool can completely halt your progress. If someone needs to reroll a few times to get a few craft tools and a fishing pole, I can't really speak out against it. I don't think it's economy-breaking, and binding them or having super-long timers on rerolls is unnecessarily punitive to certain players. Larger tribes will be fine, as people can trade or exchange, but solos and smaller guilds could find their progress halted for lack of a saw or something.

I'm definitely against bound items, so at least we agree there.
    Why don't we all start with all the tools? Why aren't we given the option to choose our starting recipes?

It seems to me the answer to those two questions is that the game is designed to make starting a little random, to provide players with a bit of encouragement to be interdependent and creative. I don't think it's because we are supposed to reroll a bunch of times. Maybe it's too random, maybe we need a little more choice. That's valid opinion, but saying we should be expected to reroll to exploit the starting gear is silly.

Of course starting tools (like all items in game) should break after some time/usage. Putting "that last forever" on that poll option just confuses the issue. I think starter tools should be particularly fragile, especially if they are bound. Bound starting gear is much more appealing to me than a character creation timer. There are other reasons that someone may want to reroll (someone might choose to play a perma-death style for example).

I guess my utlimate suggestion would be that we can choose a bit more about our character to start with and then our starting equipment is bound and fragile. Right now certain combinations of skills give a smaller number of starting items. Hiding, scavenging, foraging all mean that player has less items than if they chose logging or fishing for example.

Why not allow players to choose 7 pieces of (bound and fragile) starting gear and two recipes in their chosen crafting specialty? That removes the possibility and necessity of rerolling to exploit starting gear in one swoop and makes all combinations of skill choice equal and viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Sorry, very bad idea. Just imagine the new player that comes into the game, gets ganked 5 minutes later losing his pants, tools and weapons. And you want to tell him he has to wait 24 hours before he can have another chance to play the game he just bought?
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post

I guess my utlimate suggestion would be that we can choose a bit more about our character to start with and then our starting equipment is bound and fragile. Right now certain combinations of skills give a smaller number of starting items. Hiding, scavenging, foraging all mean that player has less items than if they chose logging or fishing for example.

Why not allow players to choose 7 pieces of (bound and fragile) starting gear and two recipes in their chosen crafting specialty? That removes the possibility and necessity of rerolling to exploit starting gear in one swoop and makes all combinations of skill choice equal and viable.
    This sounds like a good idea to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Whether they can/will code it is another thing, but at first glance I like this.

Bound = Bad

1. It's not realistic
    2. I can't let my tribe mates or friends borrow them

Timer = Not the best idea

1. What if you aren't happy with something? Better to re-roll sooner than later.

My solution:

Starter tools flagged as "starter" that delete (Or degraded very very quickly) when the original owner's character is deleted. It doesn't matter where the tool is or who has it, if the character goes, so does the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    Bound = Bad

1. It's not realistic
    2. I can't let my tribe mates or friends borrow them

Timer = Not the best idea

1. What if you aren't happy with something? Better to re-roll sooner than later.

My solution:

Starter tools flagged as "starter" that delete (Or degraded very very quickly) when the original owner's character is deleted. It doesn't matter where the tool is or who has it, if the character goes, so does the tool.
    That solution works too. It's a good way to make the starter tools tradeable and still not exploitable.

You poll is flawed and your "solution" isn't yours... see the other threads with way more posts talking about this issue...

I've suggested making bound player tools that have 5-10 uses thats enough to get any new character on his feet and started in the game without it being a negative impact to pvpers.

this topic isn't worth discussing any longer.. I have solved the problem.