Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    I am totally shocked to see you asking for severe punishments for a playstyle not your own.

Everytime a crafter fails a craft with my mats, I want them to have permadeath. How that be? It took me hours of collecting to get those mats and the crafter destroyed them! I have no recourse!
    your analogy does not apply, if crafters fail a crafting attempt they perma lose your mats. crafting has nothing to do with ganking/griefing as a playstyle. If you are to play an evil type chracter there should be consequences, i don't think permadeath should be it but there should be some kind of mechanic that flags you as an outlaw and thus can only trade etc, with evil aligned tribes/players. something to that affect but permadeath is overboard IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    your analogy does not apply, if crafters fail a crafting attempt they perma lose your mats. crafting has nothing to do with ganking/griefing as a playstyle. If you are to play an evil type chracter there should be consequences, i don't think permadeath should be it but there should be some kind of mechanic that flags you as an outlaw and thus can only trade etc, with evil aligned tribes/players. something to that affect but permadeath is overboard IMO
    It was only going to be for people determined to attack people inside the other people's tribal territory, too. Other than that, let the pkers roam free, slaughtering whatever hapless lumberjack, fisherman, or hunter they can find.

Edited to add: My god, that first sentence is killing me! More caffeine now!

Should say it would only apply to pkers who attack players they aren't at war with inside the players' territories. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    1. everyone keeps pointing out that this game is FFA pvp as if its the only feature despite the fact that the only real game mechanic in the game atm is crafting. its ironical!

2. even darkfall doesnt have ganking at noob location, its a bug (if people are being honest about what they are saying) and it will be fixed.
    ironically, even tho the FFA part of my post was the least relevant portion of it, you sought to make it the most relevant! its ironical!

(the point of the post was players have the free will to enforce rules laws and norms in this environment...don't ask the devs to take it away)

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It was only going to be for people determined to attack people inside the other people's tribal territory, too. Other than that, let the pkers roam free, slaughtering whatever hapless lumberjack, fisherman, or hunter they can find.
    Well, as Fabric told in another topic let people fight in tribal zones by declaring war.
    Il like the idea of permadeath. But permadeath vs mat loss... no way :/

I love to PK, but I agree that fists should not do the same dmg as an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grushenko View Post
    Well, as Fabric told in another topic let people fight in tribal zones by declaring war.
    Il like the idea of permadeath. But permadeath vs mat loss... no way :/
    Well, I didn't say it was 'fair' in the risk versus reward sense, you guys, but you have to admit, it is pretty 'hardcore'. And I did say I'd be tempted to go all evil pker just to see how long I could stay alive!

Mostly I was trying to think of a way to keep the big zerg tribes from forming and keep the predator to prey ratio in proper balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    I love to PK, but I agree that fists should not do the same dmg as an axe.
    fists are OP, they have a chance to stun and do decent damage, on top of the fact that i risk losing no weapon (ignoring the lame soulbound preorder weapons that never decay)

The drawback to evil intention pvp should be ONLY the fact that you draw recognition amongst your peers as such. Your living in a fantasy world if you think all the pvpers are going to be evil assholes and that none are going to take the role of PKK or player killer killer....the police force of the good are usualy the better pvpers, and the good aligned tribes will have more members, craft more goods and be seen more often. If your a notorious asshole pvpers, you will become known, people should refuse to trade good, give you refuge....sighting of you should be broadcasted in global (oh wait another benefit of global chat you say?) as to attract as many pkers to that guy as possible. Its should be the world against him.
    Thats how things work in a sandbox, self regulating community. Its why if your a ganker you should be respectful of those you kill.

Well, I didn't say it was 'fair' in the risk versus reward sense, you guys, but you have to admit, it is pretty 'hardcore'. And I did say I'd be tempted to go all evil pker just to see how long I could stay alive!

Mostly I was trying to think of a way to keep the big zerg tribes from forming and keep the predator to prey ratio in proper balance.
    increasing penalty and risk beyond a certain level only increases the rate of zerg formation...too much penalty for losing and you make sure you don't fight unless you know you can win. too little penalty and you fight without care of losing, in many cases just to harass and annoy (ie. griefing). The losing penalty is about right, you lose your stuff, you come back at half life and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    increasing penalty and risk beyond a certain level only increases the rate of zerg formation...too much penalty for losing and you make sure you don't fight unless you know you can win. too little penalty and you fight without care of losing, in many cases just to harass and annoy (ie. griefing). The losing penalty is about right, you lose your stuff, you come back at half life and energy.
    Yeah, I was worried about the zerg issue, which is why I said if you are subject to permadeath, you can only fight beside/trade with/be in tribes with other permadeaths. But there are still probably ways to abuse a system like this. And we are talking about a penalty that matches the crime, since the killing of a Homestead/Tribe in their tribe lands and the destruction of their buildings and taking of their items strips them of everything except their skills, so the penalty for attempting it should be higher than the penalty for just killing some random lumberjack outside his tribe zone.

the penalty for attempting it should be higher than the penalty for just killing some random lumberjack outside his tribe zone.
    it just creates an arms race. ooh big penalties.

ok guys, we're raiding ifi's camp tonight. yeah, it's him and a couple buddies. they are crafting fools...and i know that they always keep all their stuff on them. Yeah, just 3 of them. Why are we bring 10? well, just to make sure we don't get surprised by anything...that 50% stat loss for 72 hrs is a bitch.

the more your up the risk, the more we ensure there isn't any...