Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    darkfall has newbie protection.

seriously though, pvp combat in this game? are you serious? cant hack it in Darkfall I suppose.

Granted, combat is being re-worked and is coming but for now but if you want real pvp action Xyson lol

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    darkfall has newbie protection.

seriously though, pvp combat in this game? are you serious? cant hack it in Darkfall I suppose.

Granted, combat is being re-worked and is coming but for now but if you want real pvp action Xyson lol
    Well actually I've been playing pure pvp games since the start of the internet gaming industry, so pulling the "carebear!" card doesn't cut it Thing is, if I want a pvp deathmatch, I will play a pvp deathmatch game that calls itself that, not one masquerading as an mmo.

It's one thing pvp'ing with your peers, it's quite another to be a 0 minute old character getting jumped by gangs of thugs before you even finish loading in heh.

Also, to clarify, ganking newbs is not "pvp" except in the most general sense. Or to put it in real world terms, it's the difference between say, a soldier fighting other soldiers, and a soldier going around shooting babies and 5 year olds in the face. Not very cool Makes your epeen shrivel and fall off, if you aren't careful!

Anyhoo, I'll give her another shot tonight, this time not picking that non-safe starting zone, so I can get around to figuring out how to play and where to go, before having to run for my life!

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Well actually I've been playing pure pvp games since the start of the internet gaming industry, so pulling the "carebear!" card doesn't cut it Thing is, if I want a pvp deathmatch, I will play a pvp deathmatch game that calls itself that, not one masquerading as an mmo.

It's one thing pvp'ing with your peers, it's quite another to be a 0 minute old character getting jumped by gangs of thugs before you even finish loading in heh.

Also, to clarify, ganking newbs is not "pvp" except in the most general sense. Or to put it in real world terms, it's the difference between say, a soldier fighting other soldiers, and a soldier going around shooting babies and 5 year olds in the face. Not very cool Makes your epeen shrivel and fall off, if you aren't careful!

Anyhoo, I'll give her another shot tonight, this time not picking that non-safe starting zone, so I can get around to figuring out how to play and where to go, before having to run for my life!
    starting areas not being safezones is a bug.

Darkfall isnt even that 'hard core' and everyone knows this game is less 'pvp hardcore' than darkfall, so again, its a bug. Assuming your telling the truth. lies do happen because us gamers are what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    No new player protection of any kind eh? Log in after making a character, thinking I'd check it out while it doesn't matter, and immediately got ganked by a gang of thugs.. Nice way to introduce the game lol. Little annoying as I just left a game because of that kind of community lol
    I am sorry for your bad experience, please check out www.hellokitty.com for the experience you are looking for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledoubleyou View Post
    Don't let it ruin your idea of the community, recently the game has gained a spurt of publicity on negative websites attracting less desirable people from less desirable games. I'm sure it's temporary, inevitably they'll get bored and move to the next brainless game.
    Nope, we are here to stay.

LOL... some guy killed me at the starting area last night after I re-rolled.. I imediatly respawn and killed him looted everything but some shoes and ran off... lol.. nub.

I then checked to see if I got the recipe I wanted .. I didn't so I logged off re-rolled again and low and behold the guy had killed another person at the spawns.. so.. he got jacked again LAWLS...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    I am sorry for your bad experience, please check out www.hellokitty.com for the experience you are looking for. Thanks
    Shouldn't you be on some school yard getting lunch money or something?

Give new players a starter basket to store their tools....bam... player protection for noobs..

Why are PK's always referred to as "Thugs"?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Why are PK's always referred to as "Thugs"?
    lol
    I prefer "goons"