Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    This was a really bad move. We shouldn't need 10 people to make a tribe. There will only be 3-4 of us playing as a group, So we can't have a tribe? One of the players is still trying to get the money together, so he may not be able to join us on start day. So we have to be handicaped? In most games I've played it's very hard to get 10 people together in a single town/village/whatever.

Plus, those of you crying about space in the game, He's talking about a euro server and a pvp server. Likely he would then need both a US and a euro pvp server to make the euro people happy. That's spreading the player base across 4 server. And still require 10???

He's going to need to activate multi-chars/account and allow players to bring in those alts to pump up the tribe size.
    Ok so a solo player can't place a totem, at least change the number of required players to just 2 in a tribe to place a totem, that way not all 10 players have to log in to get a tribal land started. That would also give solo players the chance to "happen" across someone in the wilds and say " wanna through down a tent here, and I will put mine over there for now?" You have players from across the world, yet they all need to be logged in to join the tribe before they can place their totem? Like Vorg stated, they only have 2 people playing right now because the other one can't get the game yet, however they do have 2 ready to go.

If they are going to restrict soloers in their sandbox, that in and of itself is a bad idea, completely of the rail for this type of game.
    this takes away all protection a soloer can have, they is no place safe for him to go.

IMHO 1. delay the game until all aspects are implemented, or,
    2. Protect the people who can't yet place a totem ( soloers ) ( IE: no looting )

This game is awesome and I have been posting great things about it on other boards, BUT, to make such a major change 5 days before you are about to launch is neither fair for those of us who have paid our fee, or realistic. This is supposed to be a sandbox, yet immediately on launch i would be forced to group for safety, not very sandboxy if ya ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    If they are going to restrict soloers in their sandbox, that in and of itself is a bad idea, completely of the rail for this type of game.
    this takes away all protection a soloer can have, they is no place safe for him to go.

IMHO 1. delay the game until all aspects are implemented, or,
    2. Protect the people who can't yet place a totem ( soloers ) ( IE: no looting )

This game is awesome and I have been posting great things about it on other boards, BUT, to make such a major change 5 days before you are about to launch is neither fair for those of us who have paid our fee, or realistic. This is supposed to be a sandbox, yet immediately on launch i would be forced to group for safety, not very sandboxy if ya ask me
    You cant honestly say youre suprised. We do need a way to make sure solo players cant hog land from large tribes, but also so that they can stay protected. I suggest making starter tools non-lootable and non-tradeable, that way, solo players can find a nice quiet spot where they would like to settle, put some baskets down, travel around, skilling up, and a few days in can place their homestead without the worry of being killed and having everything taken. This would also take away that annoying "exploit" where people just create multiple characters and trade off the tools. Really takes away the survival aspect IMO.

solo guys
    join some tribe for few days until there will be option to make homestead
    and quit right after
    imho there is no perfect solution
    community is great but there will be few person that will try to blackmail tribes and fast place their totems in very good places
    or even single persons from enemy tribes can be send to do it
    game is very complicated - and truly from my experience i think we won't see many features that are planned for a very long time or at all

you are not supposed to take the best spots that big tribes want obviously

OK, so here is a solution, let's so it takes 10 people to place a totem. Let's say that 10 solo players get together and create a tribe right in the middle of downtime prime location for tribe X. Everyone but 1 person leaves that tribe after the totem is placed. So now you have 1 player in a solo tribe in a prime location instead of a solo player in a homestead tucked away in a secluded little corner.

Everyone is under the impression that solo players or 3 or 4 man tribes are going to rush in to take the #1 best spot in 781, I think you will find that is not the case. Solo players and small tribes will find a place out of the way, off the beaten path to create their own little spot.

I'm a "solo" player ( I want to start off solo...), but this choice about having a few days difference between homestead placement and tribe placement makes complete sense to me. It would be VERY stupid if the game started out with a bunch of solo areas who got there quicker and then leaving the REAL tribes that would actually make the game flourish to have gotten pretty indecent spots. They'd then have to wait until siege mechanics work so they could kick you the heck out of it... which is what would probably happen. Or they'd just stalk your area so that you couldn't do anything except heed to their will.Think about it solo players... This is a way to sculpt a better future for the game. If my spot is taken (kinda doubt it) in a few days, I'll gladly join up with whoever has taken it as long as they are neutral or good.

However... I do think 1 day would probably be enough of a head start lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    OK, so here is a solution, let's so it takes 10 people to place a totem. Let's say that 10 solo players get together and create a tribe right in the middle of downtime prime location for tribe X. Everyone but 1 person leaves that tribe after the totem is placed. So now you have 1 player in a solo tribe in a prime location instead of a solo player in a homestead tucked away in a secluded little corner.

Everyone is under the impression that solo players or 3 or 4 man tribes are going to rush in to take the #1 best spot in 781, I think you will find that is not the case. Solo players and small tribes will find a place out of the way, off the beaten path to create their own little spot.
    yeah... my place is far away, so I could careless that it's a few days until I can make a home. I just hope I can not die until then or at least protect my spot if there is any confrontation.

I really see no problem with this. Good land grabs should go to those who put in a great deal of effort and creating and maintaining a large tribe is not easy.
    What is the luxury of a solo player? well nothing prevents you from being friendly with a tribe and working on their land for awhile, moving on later if you want, and even making small homestead up in the mountains for hunting trips.

You could in effect be a solo player with a homestead in the mountains but live in a large tribe village. which actually might be exactly what i do

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I really see no problem with this. Good land grabs should go to those who put in a great deal of effort and creating and maintaining a large tribe is not easy.
    What is the luxury of a solo player? well nothing prevents you from being friendly with a tribe and working on their land for awhile, moving on later if you want, and even making small homestead up in the mountains for hunting trips.

You could in effect be a solo player with a homestead in the mountains but live in a large tribe village. which actually might be exactly what i do

Let's say ok, I get to my spot, and I am working around the place, gathering grass, putting down some baskets or what not, fishing, and so forth. What keeps a griefing tribe from coming in and right in beween my baskets, they place a totem. Knowing that is where I was going to be placing my homestead in a day or two and taking over my little piece of land. Then after I move on, they pull the totem and move on as well. That's just the kind of crap a few groups around here would do.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Let's say ok, I get to my spot, and I am working around the place, gathering grass, putting down some baskets or what not, fishing, and so forth. What keeps a griefing tribe from coming in and right in beween my baskets, they place a totem. Knowing that is where I was going to be placing my homestead in a day or two and taking over my little piece of land. Then after I move on, they pull the totem and move on as well. That's just the kind of crap a few groups around here would do.
    why would you not place your homestead first? to be frank what you have just described is true right now even between larger tribes. if you are going to stay at a place long enough to justify a few bins its time to remove the head from the ass and place a homestead or accept the reailty you might loss access to that spot.
    I dont see that as greiving, more as common sense.

EDIT: I guess what you are refering to is the first few days? In which case as I said, the good spots should be hard to get and hold, not easy to get and hold