Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    My problem with the statement is that it obnoxiously insinuates that he and his clan are "hardcore players," when in fact I don't believe I've ever seen one of their preciously coordinated signature banners without it first being preceded by a long-winded complaint. Not since the Beatles has a bigger band of wankers been assembled.
    I think your reading comp sucks; nowhere in there does it insinuate that we are "hardcore". Hell in this day and age of gaming "hardcore" is just another word that has too liberal of a meaning and is way over used. I'm pretty sure what Star mean by "Hardcore" were those that usually don't have anything really bad to say(and play Xsyon quite a bit) are getting grumpy. Also amazing how you can generalize a whole tribe w/o knowing all of its members (that or your eyesight just plain sucks). I get it though, us Pandemics are the bad guys and everybody needs someone to hate.

Good luck though, in game ^^ just try not to let your poor eye sight get the best of you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Have you not read the latest updates; and all the updates before that for that matter.
    They are working day and night on very little sleep to fix the lag, there are multiple sources of this:
    Each time a player uses a "broken function" they cause lag to start brewing (more players quicker lag)

So if Opening Baskets, Picking up Containers, Tribe Invites, and Tribe Expansion (these are all examples not sure if they are broken) all give lag they have to go to each system specifically and fix it.
    Each system they fix will reduce lag acruing speed and once they fix all there will be no abnormal lag

This may take a few days or a few weeks; they have uncovered quite a few problems but others may be found once they fix the current batch.
    Now if you hate lag so badly then do not log on for lets say 2 weeks; when you come back I am sure itll be much better
    Sometimes you just need a break to cool down
    I am not going to agree with you just because you made me baskets. . . . but you are right. I have met a lot of people in game and on these forums who are great people . . but when it comes to the game servers. . lag or money everyone gets pretty cranky because they have invested time/money into something they want to see succeed.

I always try to balance out arguments and provide counter points to both haters and fanbois but I should know better after spending so much time on the MO forums.

I am going to do my part now by staying off the forums and in game chat. . . and IRC. . I am such an addict.

LAG - "a lot of progress has been made."

Laughing at the latest news post saying "a lot of progress has been made." in regards to lag.

Funny how the only time this game has been playable for me was one time in the middle of the night when nobody else was on and then there was a 12hr rollback so nothing was accomplished anyway.

Add queues to the patcher, that would be progress.

I wonder why everyone has to start their own thread about lag instead of posting on the same "Generic Lag/I hate Xsyon thread"

If there's still Mods in this forum, please merge all of this together.

Thank you.

Mine is specifically about the fact that the devs are blatantly lying to customers now.

How long did it take Darkfall to throw a queue together on launch? A day? Then we could all play the game we were paying for.

OK GO

Quote Originally Posted by chaosegg View Post
    but as a player I kind of like the fact I can make a near-complete and total judgement about someone's age, their play style, likely country of origin, other games they likely play, and maturity level...
    just from analyzing their name (as well as maybe reading a sentence or two they write).

^This allows me to quickly and easily put people into friend, foe, or neutral/unknown categories on the internet.

My ingame name is Tupac and iv used Tiny. GO! let me know all about me ill give you 40 bucks via paypal if you can be 50% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    Mine is specifically about the fact that the devs are blatantly lying to customers now.

How long did it take Darkfall to throw a queue together on launch? A day? Then we could all play the game we were paying for.
    Darkfall had Desyncs and lags for one week. So please stay to the truth. AV beginned to communicate with weekly updates after hellfreeze expansion this was when the game hit nearly the 2 year release mark. The Xsyon Dev's give daily updates and even talk ingame about problems......

And DF's Rollbacks, Server Crashes, the fact you couldnt even buy a copy for the first 4 weeks without having to wait for 2 minute slots to slam in ur credit card details. Its amazing how quickly some people forget the bad things of previous games.....

Sure the game has problems but apparently they're making progress. Don't forget what was said in the update thread "Once these happen, lag will build up over time and alleviate only when the most lagged players log off."
    People hanging around with 3-50k ping aren't helping anything. It's only temporary respite of course. Still, better than sitting around waiting on 2min actions when you could relog in that time and possibly improve performance for a short time.

Aeth how goes?
    Good to see you on the forum