Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    What is the benefit of the current setup ?
    There is none, safe zones are terrible. Huge tracts of land where people can just run into and be invulnerable. The current system sucks because there is too much safety.
    Once they fix pvp and add gates they should remove safe zones.

But having two different giant zones for pvp and pve is even worse. A huge part of warfare in a game like this is supplies. SO with the zone sugesstion I could go to the safe zone and gather and craft all day long in complete safety and then just send all the supplies to the pvp zone for the war.
    Not to mention zone humpers who would run out of the safe zone, kill people then run back into it to get away penalty free.

If you were to add rare rescources to the pvp side to attract other tribes there would need to be numerous limitations to make the system work. They would need to be required to have a totem in the pvp area to access the rescources to prevent nakeds gathering then retreating back. There would need to be a requirement on number of minimum buildings. All rescources would have to be restricted to use in the pvp zone and could not be used to craft outside of it. All items and weapons made inside the pvp zone should be unable to be used outside of it.

These are only a few things needed to prevent exploitation of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    But having two different giant zones for pvp and pve is even worse. A huge part of warfare in a game like this is supplies. SO with the zone sugesstion I could go to the safe zone and gather and craft all day long in complete safety and then just send all the supplies to the pvp zone for the war.
    Whats wrong with that ? PvPers can attack the people who carry the supplies, great opportunity for meaningful PvP with great possible reward.

Not to mention zone humpers who would run out of the safe zone, kill people then run back into it to get away penalty free. Don't PvP right beside the border.

If you were to add rare rescources to the pvp side to attract other tribes there would need to be numerous limitations to make the system work. They would need to be required to have a totem in the pvp area to access the rescources to prevent nakeds gathering then retreating back. There would need to be a requirement on number of minimum buildings. All rescources would have to be restricted to use in the pvp zone and could not be used to craft outside of it. All items and weapons made inside the pvp zone should be unable to be used outside of it.
    Why ? PvPers want more fight. So its an advantage if more people go into that area. Why would you want to restrict it ? If they go naked, kill them and take the resource they gathered. More likely they would go with guards, again another great opportunity for good PvP.
    Why shouldn't these resources be useable outside of the PvP zone ? PvP players would get the benefit to have them and to trade them to PvE players. Why is it a problem if a PvE player can use that rare weapon for PvE in the safe zone ? PvP players would be the ones who could make the best weapons and sell all over the world. How is that bad ?

Why ? PvPers want more fight. So its an advantage if more people go into that area. Why would you want to restrict it ? If they go naked, kill them and take the resource they gathered. More likely they would go with guards, again another great opportunity for good PvP.
    Why shouldn't these resources be useable outside of the PvP zone ? PvP players would get the benefit to have them and to trade them to PvE players. Why is it a problem if a PvE player can use that rare weapon for PvE in the safe zone ? PvP players would be the ones who could make the best weapons and sell all over the world. How is that bad ?
    To be honest whats the diffrence between a PvPer and a mob attacking a player...

there are games with mobs that you can not kill and yet you try to run past them and get killed, the only diffrence here is its controlled by a player.

the pve argument is old, carebears can say they dont want to play with anyone but really again who cares if its a player or a npc that kills you.

if they add npc's in i hope they take some of your stuff when they kill you so this argument is even less one sided. thats the only diffrence is right now you have to deal with looseing stuff being taken from you.

i use to be a pver and didn't like pvp. it doesn't really matter its just a game.

Im not a pvp kind of person but it just wouldent be as fun knowing that guy coming over to me cant kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    To be honest whats the diffrence between a PvPer and a mob attacking a player...

there are games with mobs that you can not kill and yet you try to run past them and get killed, the only diffrence here is its controlled by a player.

the pve argument is old, carebears can say they dont want to play with anyone but really again who cares if its a player or a npc that kills you.

if they add npc's in i hope they take some of your stuff when they kill you so this argument is even less one sided. thats the only diffrence is right now you have to deal with looseing stuff being taken from you.

i use to be a pver and didn't like pvp. it doesn't really matter its just a game.
    The big difference between a PKer and a mob is that the mob will never act like an asshole. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all of the PvP players are douchbags...but we all know that some of them are. A mob will never pick on you, if it get killed it won't call his friends to grief you. A system where animals can be played by players could work great with some limitations. Like if you kill the animal, it will respawn in a random place, it wouldn't be able to see the coordinates, and wouldn't be able to leave the zone it respawned in. Plus wouldn't be able to use the chat system. If the PKers had these limitations I'd agree with you that it really doesn't matter if its a player or an animal which kills you. But you can't place such limitations on players, so yes, there is a big difference between PKers and mobs.

A huge amount of players are not willing to deal with people whose main intention in a game to ruin others' fun. Thats why open PvP games always remain a very niche category. If Xsyon had separated PvP and safe zones then it could get much more players, and it wouldn't remove any fun from anyone, since everyone could find his preferred playstyle in the game. A lot of people like PvP but hate forced PvP at the same time.

@unclean666: thats nice you like the thrill of being attacked, so you would settle in the PvP zone. Thats the point of separated areas....everyone can choose the one he prefers.

@Jadzia . We had this conversation before. You simple cant stand loosing to someone else, who is a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Jadzia . We had this conversation before. You simple cant stand loosing to someone else, who is a human being.
    Shrimps said that nobody likes to discuss facts. I do, and I'm very interested in his opinion and arguments that what are the benefits of the current open PvP system over PvP zone system. It has nothing to do with my personal taste, and in fact I haven't even been attacked in the game since launch. The current system is good for the non-PvP players but it keeps a lot of potential customers away, and its not good for the PvP players. It will get even worse for the PvP players when PK penalties will get implemented. If you have any good arguments that why open world PvP with the current setup is better than PvP zone system then please share with us.

My arguments :

The current setup with open world PvP:
    Benefits: I can't see any, but I'm sure some of you can tell some.
    Disadvantages:
    - Keeps a lot of players away who would otherwise play the game
    - PvPers have to roam a lot to find someone to fight
    - the safe zones ruins the fights when the opponent runs back to safety in case of losing
    - the need of PK penalties which punishes the PvP players for their preferred playstyle
    - it forces things on players which is never good in a game

Large PvP zone-large safe zone system:
    Benefits:
    - players who hate forced PvP will come and try the game
    - easier to find a fight near to rare resource nodes
    - the safe zones which annoys PvP players so much doesn't exist inside the PvP zone
    - no need to punish PvP players for playing their game in the way they like
    - the ones who like the thrill can find it in the PvP zone, the ones who don't can avoid it, freedom of choice
    Disadvantages: again I don't see any, looking forward for comments.

@Jadzia.

Large PvP zone-large safe zone system ??? Do you mean 2 servers???

If yes, then its like dividing the game in to 2 other small games. That is a Disadvantage.
    Needs lots of coding, maintenance, etc.. Plus it would be like copying from other failed games...

I will add more later on...

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Jadzia.

Large PvP zone-large safe zone system ??? Do you mean 2 servers???
    Lol you should get rid off this bad habit as in reading the half of the thread. No, I mean one server.

Lol you should get rid off this bad habit as in reading the half of the thread. No, I mean one server.
    Lol I'm sorry, but I feel really sleepy and tired. . Im glad that you ment one server.