Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what you think

what you think

Xsyon has many fixture same to those of Ryzom.

But because people are less than Ryzom?

Some players are waiting for ranged combat.

But I do not think it's just the ranged combat .... do you think what's missing in xsyon??

Sorry for my english

Alternative Content. Like NPC Enemy Tribe areas guarding rare resources. Boss Mobs, like More powerful Revenants. Old World Structures you can fight over that give small tribe bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by saresita View Post
    Xsyon has many fixture same to those of Ryzom.

But because people are less than Ryzom?

Some players are waiting for ranged combat.

But I do not think it's just the ranged combat .... do you think what's missing in xsyon??

Sorry for my english
    If I understand you right you say that Ryzom is similar to Xsyon in many ways but there are more people playing Ryzom. You also say that some await ranged combat and at the same time you raise the question if that is all we are waiting for?

I fear that a thread like this will be very similar to the thread where you can wish for 4-5 features you want to see in Xsyon. If you read that one you will see that ranged combat, cooking and taming are popular wishes.

Regarding the similarities, I'm not so sure I agree with you (if that is what you meant). Both games are very different to mainstream games and have small populations (Ryzom > Xsyon though). That's where similarities end.

Ryzom is free, Xsyon is not.
    Crafting differ.
    Harvesting is very different, even extremely different (Ryzom's harvesting model is nothing less than awesome)
    The setting for the games are very different (post apocalyptic vs a living fantasy world).
    PVE content (ryzom feature quests, no spoon feeding, but still quests)
    Animals (I love how the animals in ryzom walk up to you to sniff you out...or gang up and kill you)
    Combat (very smooth in ryzom, clunky and .. odd in xsyon)
    Terraforming - none of that in ryzom
    Politics - apart from factions in ryzom they also have resources you actually have to fight for in order to harvest them.

Improve the combat, insert taming and the cooking, attract new people, but this is not enough you need the policy

I think that the policy moves with resources.

I am Italian, and from the U.S.A. I learned one thing:

Resources!

america starts wars for petroleum

In Xsyon if we want to start the policy, the dev must insert of rare resources, only 3-4 points on the map.

So guilds create alliances and the game starts to be populated

I.M.H.O.

Here is the In Development list: http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/69-...12-development Cooking is planned but is on the next round of development, I hope this gives some insight on what is being worked on and what is next on the list.

thz, Do you have a date? for Current Round???

Hello Saresita,

I don't have a timeline that I can give, as things may take longer or hopefully shorter. I know currently that crafting is being worked on to include artisian and master sets, along with resource gathering using tools now. After that is finished, then they will move on to what is left on the list, but the crafting update completes a lot that is listed.

~Guidehael
    Last edited by GuideHael; 10-26-2012 at 01:25 PM.

ok, thansk for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael
    Cooking is planned but is on the next round of development, I hope this gives some insight on what is being worked on and what is next on the list.
    Oh good, I am getting soooo tired of eating raw fish.

Ranged combat is suppose to be one of the tech advancements so unless we are playing you won't get it. So waiting for ranged doesn't work in this game design we have to discover it.