Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Make PvP totally optional

I would like to play this game in the future but I hate that they update everything based on PvP. I don't give a crap about PvP and I just want a fun crafting game which I already have challenges with PvE content. My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled. I think there is a lot of people like me that don't care for PvP at all and don't like to be forced to put up with it in order to progress in the game. I quit subscribing a while back as soon as they started making changes only for PvP. I don't want a game that is based solely on PvP as I think PvE could be challenging enough if the developers do it right. If the developers are too lazy; then miss out on the paying subscribers who would like to subscribe but not be faced with forced PvP. Please fix this. Thanks.

so how much pvp did you run into during the time you played?

Quote Originally Posted by WDSnav91 View Post
    I would like to play this game in the future but I hate that they update everything based on PvP. I don't give a crap about PvP and I just want a fun crafting game which I already have challenges with PvE content. My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled. I think there is a lot of people like me that don't care for PvP at all and don't like to be forced to put up with it in order to progress in the game. I quit subscribing a while back as soon as they started making changes only for PvP. I don't want a game that is based solely on PvP as I think PvE could be challenging enough if the developers do it right. If the developers are too lazy; then miss out on the paying subscribers who would like to subscribe but not be faced with forced PvP. Please fix this. Thanks.
    What changes were solely for PVP?

I'm not even sure where this is coming from. I agree there is PVP in the game, however, you can easy avoid it and right now you never really run into it.
    If PVP is holding people back, then clearly they didnt play this game.

As far as PVE, there is a major lack of PVE also. So if you looking for this to be some fun game with PVE content I dont see why the PVP would be holding you back with how little PVE there is to offer here. Making it PVE only would pretty much be removing 1/2 the combat from the game. With even as little PVP there is, there is little PVE also.

My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled.
    This is already specified in the Kickstart campaign. No need to suggest features that already will be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    so how much pvp did you run into during the time you played?
    At least 3 times and I died. I didn't even play for a really long time either,
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What changes were solely for PVP?

I'm not even sure where this is coming from. I agree there is PVP in the game, however, you can easy avoid it and right now you never really run into it.
    If PVP is holding people back, then clearly they didnt play this game.

As far as PVE, there is a major lack of PVE also. So if you looking for this to be some fun game with PVE content I dont see why the PVP would be holding you back with how little PVE there is to offer here. Making it PVE only would pretty much be removing 1/2 the combat from the game. With even as little PVP there is, there is little PVE also.
    I see your point but I would say that all these combat changes that they have been doing for what? the last year or so would be to improve PvP. If they wanted to, they could have worked on PvE content instead of all these combat changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzym View Post
    This is already specified in the Kickstart campaign. No need to suggest features that already will be implemented.
    You do realize that there is no way this game will raise 250k in order to even make the Kickstarter campaign valid.

At least 3 times and I died. I didn't even play for a really long time either,

I see your point but I would say that all these combat changes that they have been doing for what? the last year or so would be to improve PvP. If they wanted to, they could have worked on PvE content instead of all these combat changes.

You do realize that there is no way this game will raise 250k in order to even make the Kickstarter campaign valid.

3 times isnt that much really. But more than I expected.

What PVP changes? Any changes they have done to combat has been for both PVE and PVP. Can you list some of these changes or even just 1 of them?

yea they already plan to do a only pve/pvp server, just gonna have to have patience n wait for it :-P

You say they haven't done much for PVE over the last year, I don't think you've kept up properly with the updates to this game:

Over the last year the major content in this game that was about PVE:

Mutants: Creatures mutate when crossing into the green mist
    Zombies: Zombies have been added to the game (they are being called Revenants in this game)
    Creatures: Lot's of tweaks have been added to try and make creatures more populated, they were tripled in numbers (I think, at least 2-3x their numbers) as well.

To say they haven't done much with PVE over the last year or so in this game would be a false statement.
    Last edited by KeithStone; 12-06-2012 at 07:46 AM.

ok Maybe they have worked on PvE but that still doesn't say that you can enjoy PvE without some guy that has much better items than you slaughtering you while your trying to enjoy PvE. I do really like the fact that they will indeed have separate servers and I will probably wait to try to play until then. I do have one big question though...are we still going to see big updates since the Kickstarter project is obviously not going to make it even close to 250k unless someone rich backs for the project?

Xsyon is still going to progress forward, but clearly not as fast if they had more money for more devs.

About PVE, you are unlikely to be attacked randomly while PVEing in this game. There is just no way to find people. If there were a tracking skill or you were live streaming I could see. But if you are randomly attacked while PVEing more than once. You likely have a problem with people telling them where you are that are with you PVEing.