Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm just curious as to how strong they will be, it's all cool sounding with zombies being able to kill players and use their gear against us - but how often will they be able to kill someone?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I'm just curious as to how strong they will be, it's all cool sounding with zombies being able to kill players and use their gear against us - but how often will they be able to kill someone?
    I hope stronger than a bear. Bears in this game are a joke. On a new toon I can kill them with a starter weapon. WTF mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Not sure how you could exploit it if it was based off number of active players.

Yes, you could wipe out a group, then you have limited your loot potential until they spawn again..

and given the fact that they will loot us and can get stronger means this will never be a big issue..

its more self correcting than anything else suggested.

I do agree of course with them being out in the wilds so that they can hunt players all over... else what is the point of even having them.

First you have to define "active player" is that logged in? Paid account? Active sub? Logged in once that day? etc etc

Next you and to define how they will spawn more zombies based on these "active players"

Next you have to decide how hard they will be based on those "active players"

Finally you have to decide what types of rewards you will give these "active players" that do kill them.

All in all the system is bad using "active players" as its much better to use other systems that cant be exploited by alt accounts, zergs and inactives.

Considering i killed people today, yeah you can. You just have to wait for them to go out of their safe zone which they inevitably will.

If you have high hiding they will never see you.

However, apart from the rare PKer, you are right. EvP cannot kill me in this game, unless I had 3 bears hitting me while afk, and it would take them 5 minutes.

Death penalties and mobs that could kill would be nice.

a noob player has 30 HP. 90 fortitude doesn't scale with HP, it is just a base 7 or 8 HP, I think DDT said. So having 90 fort does hardly anything.

I hit full swings for 22 damage using PO weapon. (Supreme weapons do more damage, i only have a few). 33 damage to the back.

Skills and stats (such as weapon skills and strength) matter more now, but its mostly the low HP of the noobs.

To put it in perspective, DDT can probably kill me with 4 or 5 full swings to the back, and he is 100 in all combat skills. It would take me about 10 in the back to kill DDT, I think. Most players have between 30-80 hp, is my best guess. (Each level up gives you 2 more HP...the bar that fills up above coordinates)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    How fast can you kill players NorCal?
    1 to the back full power PO swing.

For level 1 players, yeah.

Without armor on?

Be real here. How long does it take you to kill a player whos been playing for a month and armor thats that easy to obtain.

No way to know, how many hours do they train?
    What is there starting stats?
    Do they know how to fight?

It can take 5 seconds or it can take mins. Depends on all of that.

Would take me about 1 minute to kill them.

I'd assume a player like that has good bone armor, close to 100 hit points and knows how to parry so they wont get hit for full blows.

When I was saying 22 damage full power to the front, I was talking about hitting a naked person. With armor I think it'd be more like 14 or 15? Not sure really. Depends on the armor. DDT can tell you more about bone armor damage mitigation percentages.

But then if they parried my full swings, they might full parry the damage or I might do about 5-10 damage depending on their parry skill and if they parried in the right direction (at least its a step up from DF where you can just parry one direction for the same amount of mitigation, in DF its all parry skill level, in Xsyon its part parry skill and part if you parried the right direction)

and can't people still run away with ease?
    Not sure zombies are not in game yet.

If you are talking about PVP, yes and no. I doubt anyone can get away from me if I were not wearing armor. Sadly. I would like to see more options in this department. I know Xsyon himself wants people to have a better choice in to avoid combat or not. Allowing people to get away is a huge part of that, but so is preventing people that fight for 1/2 a fight then run away with ease isnt a good option IMO either.

Right now unless you build your toon right, and have high running skill and drop all your items you cant get away and even sometimes then you still cant.

If the other person has more agil than you, you likely won't be able to escape. Depending on encumbrance and other factors, but yeah most cannot escape from us due to having high agility and 100 running skill.

Running away is still extremely easy if you are skilled at it. It's not hard to get someone off your trail and out of range of swing distance ( just do a few zig zags) then run away jump off a cliff and around a corner. Turn on hide skill and you'll survive, if you have high hiding skill they likely won't be able to see you unless they were very good at keeping on your trail