Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Works for me as long as no one gets offended, I can't keep it all straight anymore, I gave up religion for Lent or something or other!

Anyway, MrDDT said to ask you about something. Would you be willing to travel long distances (at risk of being pked of course) for rare resources or to trade for any resource you didn't feel like trekking off to get as long as your safe zone wouldn't be vulnerable and if you had something worthwhile to trade that wasn't easily available to people who spend most of their time pvping or defending themselves from pvp? So let's say you want to make the latest and greatest three story log cabin and decorate it with the latest and greatest in fine pottery. If some of the resources you needed were a long way away, in the area where there are no safe zones, and through an area where no one can settle, do you have a problem with going to get it, even if you die and have to try a few times and it takes awhile? Or you could trade for it to someone who doesn't have the time or inclination to, for example, raise pack animals or grow crops or make something else that only dedicated crafters can create?
    With the bolded conditions I wouldn't have any problem with it. I would even like to go and get it myself if there was an accessible resource hub and its not something that can only be found inside PvP tribes territory.

I wonder though what do you mean by a long travel...running for 2-3 hours doesn't sound like a great fun Half an hour is fine If it takes more I'd just ask the trader to come to me and buy from him for my cool pack animal !

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    With the bolded conditions I wouldn't have any problem with it. I would even like to go and get it myself if there was an accessible resource hub and its not something that can only be found inside PvP tribes territory.

I wonder though what do you mean by a long travel...running for 2-3 hours doesn't sound like a great fun Half an hour is fine If it takes more I'd just ask the trader to come to me and buy from him for my cool pack animal !
    I was thinking forty minutes to an hour each way, but only if you don't run into trouble, which sometimes you surely would. You could speed it up with a pack animal and mount, but you'd risk losing them and be more easy to spot by the no safe zone tribes. Of course, if you happened to breed the fastest horses and mules in the land, you'd also have more opportunity to run away.

Then, if smaller amounts of the resources were random spawn, you'd have to search for them. It would be somewhat time consuming, but it would also prevent tribes from guarding every single node of whatever you came for.

I was thinking forty minutes to an hour each way, but only if you don't run into trouble, which sometimes you surely would. You could speed it up with a pack animal and mount, but you'd risk losing them and be more easy to spot by the no safe zone tribes. Of course, if you happened to breed the fastest horses and mules in the land, you'd also have more opportunity to run away.

Then, if smaller amounts of the resources were random spawn, you'd have to search for them. It would be somewhat time consuming, but it would also prevent tribes from guarding every single node of whatever you came for.
    I'd like to buy me one ah dem hosses... *patouie*... *ding*

This is the same system Ive been saying for a long time. Glad you agree with it.

Rare resources on both sides.
    Contested areas should have more rare resources being they are contested and only in the contested areas.
    Safe totem areas shouldnt be anywhere near rare resources in contested areas.
    Safe totems on rare resources, you said before that you dont think it should happen, and I believe its ok as long as they are able to be depleted but you dont like that idea either.
    Travel times, and able to transport goods over long ranges is a must for any system to work correctly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I'd like to buy me one ah dem hosses... *patouie*... *ding*
    Not a chance, Pilgrim. The smart breeders will only sell their second fastest horses and pack mules!

@JCatano:
    It was asked through the FAQ page....remember when you could ask questions there, it was emailed to the devs, and they replied to it ? You got the answer in mail, with the original question in it. I searched that mail. Its not something I could link to.
    Screenie it.

40 minutes is ok as well, 1 hour is a bit long....it doesn't encourage trading or traveling. If the time can be speeded up with mounts then its fine.

This is the same system Ive been saying for a long time. Glad you agree with it.

Rare resources on both sides.
    Really ? I remember you insisting that only basic resources on the other side.

Added after 1 10 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Screenie it.
    You can check it here: http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/z...xsyonmail1.jpg

I really don't want this game to insert anything from MO OR DF. Xyson IS NOT a Fantasy or a Sci-Fi game, so it should forge it's own path.

Really ? I remember you insisting that only basic resources on the other side.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post84124

Just to to define it, when I said safety I meant safety from PvP. I guess when you mean risk you mean risk from PvP.

Saying 'safety is the reward itself' is like I was saying 'You can PvP, thats your reward'. Being able to play in the way you like is not a reward, its only a basic condition.

I agree that players should put the same amount of work into something, be it a PvE or PvP player. So if they place rare resources to both areas, but in safe areas gathering is slower thats totally fine.

On the other hand you equal risk with PvP. That is not true. PvE players have no problem with risk....they have problem with forced PvP. Add strong bears who guard rare resources and you placed risk to the PvE player too. Add such a strong one that only a group could kill it and you gave reason for players to team up. Like fatboy's idea about the zombie camp, it really sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT
    I agree with about the part I made red. I believe I stated that in my post before. Trading is great. I also believe that the contested AKA high risk areas, should yield more overall rewards and rares due to the fact that they are contested and higher risk. (Just like EVE does it).
    As you can see here, Ive stated it before also, Im sure there are many posts about me saying it before.

I also believe that I dont think you NEED to have rare resources in the "safe totem" areas, but you can, but you would have to limit how fast and how much worth these resources are. Hence the "Safe areas gathering is slower thats totally fine" comment by you, is what Im agreeing to here also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post84124

As you can see here, Ive stated it before also, Im sure there are many posts about me saying it before.

I also believe that I dont think you NEED to have rare resources in the "safe totem" areas, but you can, but you would have to limit how fast and how much worth these resources are. Hence the "Safe areas gathering is slower thats totally fine" comment by you, is what Im agreeing to here also.
    You also said :
    Safe totems anywhere near rare resources is going to be a huge problem.
    And this :
    Clearly not, there shouldnt be any rare resources where safe totems are period.
    But if you have changed your mind and you don't mind rare resources in safe totem areas then its all good.

The best would be if these rare resources wouldn't be the same type. Some rares you could gather in contested areas, while some you could gather in areas which has safe towns (don't forget these areas has open PvP as well). Or going by ifireallymust's example, in safe cities you could grow better plants so you could make better food and healing potions, raise more advanced pack animals, while in the contested areas you could have resources needed for the best armors and the best weapons. Kind of regional resources. That way people would be forced to trade, and both side would have valuable stuffs to offer.