Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Unfortunately, the term is too widespread online. Has nothing to do at all with your sexual preference *remembers a Southpark episode this played out in and grins*, but it's a rude term, and I do wish people would stop using it. They won't, however. On the other hand, if you see someone use this or a similar expression in game, you can always report it in the guide channel and likely have the satisfaction of hearing the wails of the offender, now lost in green mist.
    ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I agree with you. There has recently been an influx of players from Darkfall and other games. The tone of the discussion has changed quite a lot since. The players in question are probably used to the insults, foul language and general hatred on the Darkfall forums.

I was quite enthusiastic when I read about Xsyon and followed the development. Now I'm just worried that the game will rapidly change into just another gankfest griefer heaven type of game, a.k.a. Darkfall 2.0.
    I share your concerns. We are in similar spot as far as Xsyon is concerned.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me if you are Gay, Straight, White, Asian, Korean, Japanese, American, Or even the guy with the stupid Bear Head Tourch up his ass ^_^ You all die the same, and carry neat stuff usually. ^_^ no need to bring your sexuality into it. But I will say I am sorry that Gay/Fag terms do offend you but, It has been in the gaming place for well over 2 decades, it is not personal just words people use.

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

It's sad how the past isn't so long ago or even as in the past as it should be. It would be fine with me if insults on the internet could just be insults on the internet, with no hatred baggage, but then again, it's too easy to forget that all of the bigoted slurs people throw around online are still drenched in blood.

Don't worry though, it's true about the community not putting up with that kind of language. If you don't happen to report someone for it when you see it, I'm sure someone else will!

Edited to add: I bet furanku will even gank them extra for you if you let him know.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me if you are Gay, Straight, White, Asian, Korean, Japanese, American, Or even the guy with the stupid Bear Head Tourch up his ass ^_^ You all die the same, and carry neat stuff usually. ^_^ no need to bring your sexuality into it. But I will say I am sorry that Gay/Fag terms do offend you but, It has been in the gaming place for well over 2 decades, it is not personal just words people use.
    It helps to know people are using it in a habitual way, but that doesn't make it ok. It's one thing to use 'gay' to = 'lame', I don't like that either but it's relatively innocuous. What I'm pointing out is that other terms carry a lot more "heat" with them, and are not so ok to use because there is lots of RL pain and suffering that they bring up for some people. I'm not going to go on some screaming crusade or try to censor people, but I *am* going to let them know that certain words are never good to use, even so casually.

My hope is that people will have enough decency and respect to break the habit. You can stomp all over me, steal my stuff, and call me names. I'm just saying drop a couple terms from the list.

I'm looking forward to crafting that Bear Head Torch you mentioned. Intriguing.... o.O

It's sad how the past isn't so long ago or even as in the past as it should be. It would be fine with me if insults on the internet could just be insults on the internet, with no hatred baggage, but then again, it's too easy to forget that all of the bigoted slurs people throw around online are still drenched in blood.

Don't worry though, it's true about the community not putting up with that kind of language. If you don't happen to report someone for it when you see it, I'm sure someone else will!

Edited to add: I bet furanku will even gank them extra for you if you let him know.
    I'd say this; I do not respond well to racistim but I have and I will say I have said "damnit that was gay" ^_^ sorry

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    I'd say this; I do not respond well to racistim but I have and I will say I have said "damnit that was gay" ^_^ sorry
    My son is now in the habit of using that expression, too. I'm trying my best to break him of it. So next time you're tempted to throw that word around, think of the children who are about to get their XBox taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    It helps to know people are using it in a habitual way, but that doesn't make it ok. It's one thing to use 'gay' to = 'lame', I don't like that either but it's relatively innocuous. What I'm pointing out is that other terms carry a lot more "heat" with them, and are not so ok to use because there is lots of RL pain and suffering that they bring up for some people. I'm not going to go on some screaming crusade or try to censor people, but I *am* going to let them know that certain words are never good to use, even so casually.

My hope is that people will have enough decency and respect to break the habit. You can stomp all over me, steal my stuff, and call me names. I'm just saying drop a couple terms from the list.

I'm looking forward to crafting that Bear Head Torch you mentioned. Intriguing.... o.O
    I need to tell the Developer about the bear head but, My son's godfather is gay so I understand what Gays do go through but, -_- even himself says " omg that that gay!" when it comes to gaming. Gay is the unversal in gaming world "lame" For me it is nothing person but I do not go around going " Hey Fag! " etc.. I don't tolerate that.

My son is now in the habit of using that expression, too. I'm trying my best to break him of it. So next time you're tempted to throw that word around, think of the children who are about to get their XBox taken away!
    my son is three, yeah I am trying to not let him get into that habit too but.. DAMNIT ITS SOO HARD lol

As much as im agaisnt hurting peoples feelings...ok im not, but it should never get personal and never cross the line into harassment or hate. However were all adults here, words are just words. Getting upset over words is probly the worst thing to get worked up about.

As someone who is at the recieving end of some of the most cruel and terrible words and phrases in game (yeah some people dislike getting ganked apparently, espeically multiple times) i have never felt the need to report them or fight back with words, they are afterall, just words.

Also im a HUGE fan of free speech, that includes offensive speech (but not obscene). Ill never take any steps towrds restricting another persons speech, that includes calling me some pretty terrible things as i loot your corpse.