Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    This is a gamekiller. Let's just give you all the tools and skill up to 100 at start as well. Carebears! Every single one of you!
    You do make me laugh at least

You want FFA PVP I assume with no rules remember it takes WAY longer to learn to craft something THEN it does to simple mode hit C key to enter combat mode and gank somebody thus gaining you some awesome pre-order weapons and some starter tools that would take YOU as a FFA PVP type far too much effort to EARN yes EARN yourself

This game is built with crafting something as its CORE not FFA PVP ...as it takes ONE KEYSTROKE to enter PVP mode opposed to finding through MAJOR time invested the tools and Mats to CRAFT *make something

Do you really think that you with ONE single easy mode ganking swing of a sword or axe should be able to DEFEAT all of someones hard work that actually fought the lazy way (just stealing from another player) and chose to EARN something rather then STEAL IT ?

I say your sadley mistaken on this if you think that Notorious games would make the game so CRAFTING TIME intensive and @ the same time make it so easy for a single swing of a FFA PVP to UN DO and RUIN all that crafters time that youd be insane to come to that conclusion

You need to examine what notorious games is all about in my opinion you clearly dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    Do you have another solution to the "all-tools" exploit?

You don't see it as a problem? Why not just start everyone with all the tools in the game then? Are you actually saying that rerolling new characters to stash all the tools for yourself is an intended part of gameplay? Can you see the contradiction that reasonable answers to these questions reveal? Do you still maintain that the current mechanics that allow for starter tool exploitation is "by design?"

Edit: and lol you want to make it so that we can start with all the preorder weapons too. Ridiculous.
    You my friend do not read peoples posts properly. You read what you want to read. No where did I say that everyone should start with every weapon. The solution to the "problem" is that there is no problem - these are starter crafting objects and after a few skill gains they become unimportant as better tools are required.

Don't you think this has been thought about before you ?

The system is fine. An experienced crafter is not going to want a junk starter tool. There is no issue.

Agreed. Starter tools should be bound and be of very low quality/durability that wear out (are destroyed) after some reasonable amount of gameplay. That should stop the re-roll for tools exploit, which is ignorant and hurts your trade/economy. It will also help the person that gets jumped at the start gate, since you know there will always be some that get a thrill from killing a fresh spawn and taking their stuff (just because they can, even if they don't want the starter crap).

I also agree with the point that you could fix spawn point killing with a simple 30 minute "halo" for new characters.

That fixes two problems at startup, and the "protection" is very temporary. That should be a fair compromise between both sides of this discussion.

@ OP

Hell no!!

No bound items/weapons/whatever.

Full loot PVP and a combat overhaul, and this will become the best game on the market.

Fix this problem in another way... Only allow 1 reroll per 48-hour period or something.

Brentor
    of FOUR TWENTY

Bad idea. The only thing that should be bound is your pre-order weapon/tool. Period. This game is not designed around having items bound to your body. It is not in the vision of the game. Stop trying to make it something it is not.

Agree with the OP. I think it is a minor compromise that will increase the game experience especially for new players that have not tribe to back them up yet. Losing all your tools as a crafter is pretty devastating, I would imagine. And if the starter tools are of low quality, only suitable for making low-quality items , I don't see the harm in making them unlootable.

but this is the whole ffa-pvp versus world-building debate again, I imagine. I just hope the devs will listen to the latter crowd.

That's all these carebears do is go around to FFA games and demand it be made more like WoW. It's pathetic. I don't go into hello kitty online and demand that they add pvp. So why do you idiots think it's ok to come in here and demand dev handholding?

Here's an idea... Suck less at the game. I believe the devs already said that the starting areas will be safe so your entire argument is basically out the window. The only problem now is that people can kill you before you even fully load into the game and take your starter tools. Besides that you are going to have to WORK for things in this game.

Who ever said Xsyon is a FFA PVP game? The Devs certainly didn't. I think what they stated was that Xsyon is about world building and cooperation with some PvP thrown in the mix. Personally, I think Xsyon has a much broader foundation and premise with all the tools that are being made available to players.

I could go on about why I personally think that FFA PvP does more harm than good to a game and its community, but seeing that it took only 2 sentences for you to throw around insults, I got my work cut out.

Can anyone really argue with allowing your starter tools to be bound to you but break after 5 or 10 uses?

Really 5 or 10 uses is too much benefit to a new player for pkers to allow? Pvpers really need to loot starter tools? LOL...
    Wth limited skills and 5 or 10 uses a fisherman probly wont even catch a fish but he might be able to decide if he wants
    to make another pole or use those resources for something else. 5 or 10 crafting he could remake the pants you looted from him after killing
    in the starting zone. 5-10 uses of any tool isn't going to get you much at starting skill levels.

I am the pk you guys are talking about and I am making a comprimise that is fair to everyone.