Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the higher ups. If they say no, then I'll respect their wishes.

On a side note, While there is some discrepancies in the map that I haven't figured out yet, The map hardly gives you the ability to plot travel routes, nor does it give away secret resources other then the overabundant junk supplies.

And they aren't even finished with the map. They stopped working on it to fix other problems. To quite the game because there are maps is ..... Too many other better reasons then because there too many maps

Xsyon Citizen
    It's unbelievable the things this playerbase thinks are "unfair" or "cheating".

Actually, the world looks quite complete. At least the static world, which is what the map shows.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Yeah there is. Just not as a "Terrain" scout. Not to mention their are more areas coming out then what they have currently mapped... I think (seeing the post in the dev zone). To quit the game because of this seems weird, especially from someone around since 2010.
    You're right I've been playing the game for ages. All that time I've enjoyed exploring. When I've met people in game I've sometimes told them stuff about where other Tribes are or where they can find more Junkpiles. It's really helped me to enjoy role-playing and immersion.

Most players now have no idea what it is like to suddenly find a really great scavenging spot, or suddenly discover a Tribe they'd not found before. It's almost impossible to get lost with the Map in front of you.

I actually spent about 3 months in game just mapping the zones and the rivers - and not by hacking files.

I've actually had as much fun in Xsyon as any game for ages just exploring (you see it's just not possible in any other MMO unless you play 24/7 from launch). I had hoped that learning the lay of the land, and the Tribes would be a possible play-style.

You're not the first person to criticise my reasoning. Still, I have more hours in the game than most people on this site and I can say for a fact that I thought the game was much better before these maps. As far as I'm concerned it has ruined the fun.

I'm pretty much decided the (new) community here is full of selfish macroers and cheats. I'm just glad I enjoyed the game with less to do for so long before all the spoilers arrived. Good day to you.

No I think the game might be more fun without maps (unless given a cartography skill), but I'm more interested in the 1000s of things we haven't seen yet. Actually I have barely even looked at the maps. In beta early February I was pretty interested in the "no coords" thing actually (don't flame me :P). I was learning the terrain instead of learning coords. Honestly if they have the map, taking off the coords might give you a bit of your exploration back...especially if they make cloud movement more random. There're just....1000s of other things to look forward to.

Well I got the "Ok" from the devs, but now after everything is said and done I want to work a little more on it. I'm not fully satisfied with its current state more so if it ends up being one everyone uses.

waffle waffle, its done can i upload it, i'll wait for devs to ok it, they ok'd it, im not happy with it ill work on it more. waffle waffle

just show us some images ffs.

Upload what you have, you can always post updated versions. Maps are never finished. Especially when the map maker tries to pay attention to detail and is a person takes pride in his work.

Fair enough

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73XJ0HUS

The full world of Xsyon, each zone is 256x256, total map size is 10240x10240 @ 93.8mb