Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Xsyon Citizen
    Kergan, I don't think that particular poster was making a connection between the two, though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kergan View Post
    This makes no sense. What does macroing have to do with the 'murdering of brand new helpless players' anyway? How would one macro that? Sounds like legitimate skill gain to me (if it were true). Or is the point "They kill noobs AND they macro!"?
    You take the xp you gain from macroing and put it into combat. That is why macoring is so important to these people. Without animals to fight or killing your own tribesmen over and over it's simply the only way to gain any real skill in combat. I don't believe for one second anyone has 90 axes from ANYTHING legitimate at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    You take the xp you gain from macroing and put it into combat. That is why macoring is so important to these people. Without animals to fight or killing your own tribesmen over and over it's simply the only way to gain any real skill in combat. I don't believe for one second anyone has 90 axes from ANYTHING legitimate at this point.
    I thought you stopped getting XP from Terraforming and Fishing when they get 100.

I don't believe anyone has 90 axes, period.

I guess the devs should look into some people's skills and go from there.

I guess the devs should look into some people's skills and go from there.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Good idea.
    I thought so, and anyone who says otherwise I suggest the devs look at first.

there will be a soft cap soon

Once again, you were lied to. You cannot use SP to push a skill passed 90, you would also need literally thousands of sp to do what he's claiming he's done. Taking the fastest rate of xp gain possible here, this still isn't realistic. Thus, he's lying, or you are.

Also combat does not improve with usage currently, or if it does it is beyond slow. I'm standing at around 30-50 kills with a weapon I don't have any skill points invested in and I have got no level xp nor a single skill up. More importantly, the only way to gain real skill in combat at the moment is to learn to multitask your w, s, a, d, x and MB2 faster, in more and more unpredictable ways. Combat is non-existant, everyone dies in more or less the same number of hits, and their chance of landing said hits is just as good as your chance of landing them, so stop your worrying. These people aren't ub3rpvpg0dz preying on all the poor n00bies.

I thought so, and anyone who says otherwise I suggest the devs look at first.
    ROFLMFAO. I hope this one was a bit of a joke, really. At least then we'd be able to confirm your humanity... If not, thanks for the lols anyway, I needed that

Macroing is against the ToS (section 5.3).

If you see anyone macroing please report them to the guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    there will be a soft cap soon
    The problem with this is, by time it gets implemented, the macroers will have already leveled all they could, and not need to worry about an already maxed out skill decaying. They cant really gain exp from it any more, and it can be ignored, in favor of skills they want to maintain, and keep high. So only those legitimately skilling, will be hurt