Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this game solo friendly? Also, can I have a steam key?

Hello! I bought the game back in 2012-13ish. I had a hard time playing since I am a SUPER Casual. I would join a group, but most of the fun for me is actually being a hermit, building and defending my own cabin, etc. I rely on general chat and formed alliances for chat and trading. Well, that's how I played on Wurm Online. I know this is a different game, but I was hoping that I could do the same here.

I've been wanting to try the game out again since I've read a few nice articles about the new building and other features on MassivelyOP.com and such. But, how friendly is solo play now? I remember, no matter what I did. I would run into a snag. I think it it usually was a tool that I couldn't make or something and I just didn't play during peak hours with other players. Other wise, I think I did OK.

Also, I don't really understand how Steam works. I like getting achievements and badges though. Does this game have any? If so, if I download the game from this site and manually add it to steam will it track my hours and/or give me achievements? Or, do I need a key? I would love to track my hours, at the very least.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by realedazed; 06-24-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Hello realedazed,

Many players go it solo in Xsyon. It's easier now for new players than in the past, as they start off with many basic starting tools. As a returning player you may not have these, but you can put in a request and a Guide can sort you out with some starting equipment.

For better items, trade has been facilitated with recent changes (you can view all items for sale and their location from any Trade Totem) which should help solo players along.

Xsyon doesn't yet have any achievements or badges set up through Steam, but you can still play through Steam if you wish. The Steam patcher / downloader is better optimized than ours. To receive a Steam Key, please email us

I hope that answers all your questions!

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply and answers. I'm very happy about the changes and can't wait to get back in game.

Realedazed, you will still have the same issues you had when you played, the ease of being a solo player has not changed. But do remember, the game is solo friendly. Likely the last time you played you just didn't know how to do things, but players know in game the basics if you simply just ask.

In Xsyon you can do EVERYTHING in game solo, you do not require anyone else to do anything, but if you plan on being the best at things, you will want to focus your skills on those items, or work with other players.

Xsyon Citizen
    Being part of a tribe does help early on as their experienced players can help guide you, but if like me you just want to figure it all out as you go then yes the Peace server is very solo friendly.

I'm never going to be the best in a set craft, but I'm turning into a pretty good jack of all trades, and that's just from doing a bit here and there with each of them.

Global is usually rather quiet as we seem to have a rather anti-social bunch, but there are a few that do use it.

imo there is almost no possibility to do stuff togeter in the game. it doesnt really make a big diffrence if you are part of a community or simly use the global chat to learn everything. imo its even better to stay alone for a few weeks and figure everyting by your own. if you have access to the stuff you need for your skills/crafts, it will be less fun than gathering them yourself. after a certain time you still can decide to join someones place, there are a bunch of new player tribes recruiting on both servers which can be build up together

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

Xsyon doesn't yet have any achievements or badges set up through Steam, but you can still play through Steam if you wish. The Steam patcher / downloader is better optimized than ours. To receive a Steam Key, please email us

I hope that answers all your questions!
    Hello I am an old player too.
    I bought the game in 2012. I sent an email to the address indicated to get a steam key but i have not reiceved any reply yet.
    I hope to get a key so i can play again but trought steam.
    Thank you

Hello Cerbero,

I've emailed you a Steam key. Sorry for the delay, I took a break from work yesterday. Welcome back to Xsyon!

Steam Key

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello Cerbero,

I've emailed you a Steam key. Sorry for the delay, I took a break from work yesterday. Welcome back to Xsyon!
    I purchased the game through Steam yesterday. It loaded fine and I was able to get in game okay. I made a account on your web site and hit the link button. Never saw a key from steam or is it automatic?

V/R
    Buckaro AKA Scott

Hello Scott,

It's automatic (just link your account from Steam). Steam keys are for players that purchased their Xsyon account directly from this website first.

Enjoy!