Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: @ Dev Danathur

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Indie does not mean a charity.

Another game being crap does not excuse this.

I agree with this, but why dont you be productive instead of just trying to flame them? How is flaming them going to help in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Then hire people in the same city.
    Do I really have to explain the difference in the massive savings in overhead by hiring higher quality developers with great working experience at a 1/3rd the cost of unqualified American Grads with zero working experience?

If you don't first have IBDA stability for the company, you put yourself at risk of not having a game at all in the very short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Turbine, with the full backing of Microsoft and all it's resources still had weeks worth of rollbacks in their first two years of Asheron's Call. This is an Indie game with the backing of no-one. Reality check folks.
    Your point is not going to keep people from canceling subs, and it doesn't make the game any more playable.

Past mistakes do not justify future ones... The community has been more than lenient thus far, your argument simply suggest putting on blinders and trudging forward.

No one expects the game to be perfect, but geeze, it's like barely playable.

Anyhow, I'm done here becasue I have no intention of flaming the game and devs. I support them, but I am realistic, and I don't intend to keep paying unless a ton of the features get turned on. I already gave them 40 bucks.

See what happens when people have to decide whether to pay a sub fee or not.

If there hasn't been signficant improvement by then - then you few are really going to be lonely.

Your denials won't keep the game afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    Your point is not going to keep people from canceling subs, and it doesn't make the game any more playable.

Past mistakes do not justify future ones... The community has been more than lenient thus far, your argument simply suggest putting on blinders and trudging forward.

No one expects the game to be perfect, but geeze, it's like barely playable.
    Lenient? Compared to what?

So let's go ahead and name all the other Indie developed post apocalyptic, full sandbox, twitch based ffa-pvp, skill based character progression games out there so we can have an accurate comparison.

I try to keep my arguments factual and based on real game experience, it's not meant to save the game, it's meant to paint a realistic viewpoint. Whether anyone else agrees or not isn't actually part of the equation.

So let's go ahead and name all the other Indie developed post apocalyptic, full sandbox, twitch based ffa-pvp, skill based character progression games out there so we can have an accurate comparison.

I try to keep my arguments factual and based on real game experience, it's not meant to save the game, it's meant to paint a realistic viewpoint. Whether anyone else agrees or not isn't actually part of the equation.
    I think the view point many are seeing is that they thought the game was more of a working game than a game in beta. Most understand why its not, just when they went to buy and pay for it they didnt expect it to progress so slowly (at least that's what I get out of it).

My point on the matter is, you can whine and bitch in 2 ways.
    1) Just to flame people and get them upset and take out anger on the devs and fanbois.
    2) You can post ways to make the game better, or help in other ways to make the game what you want.

Sometimes I do both, but I try to do #1 as little as I can, and #2 as much as I can.
    Im here for a long time, I'm not going anywhere. Sure I might be playing other games, but I will do my best to try to help this game along.
    One thing I do know is that you have fanbois (not calling you one or not) that will say ANYTHING to try to get more subs for the game. I think that's a bad idea and you wont see me saying it. I know many people in IRC and here on the forums that truly believe the game is "perfect", or that things like combat are working just fine.
    Yet if I were to tell my friends to play this game for the combat, I would likely get my ass kicked. (Rightly so too IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    I'm a huge supporter of indie games and devs....

But seriously, there is a difference between "Some features not working" and "Hardly any features working". Sure, some MMOs may not have their fluff features in, but here we are talking basic core features that make or break the game. No decay? That's pretty serious...

This game is obviously, without a doubt, in beta (Server whipes, basic features being tested by the player base, etc)... Yet we are paying full AAA MMO prices. Slapping the title "Prelude" on the game does not correct this.
    I completely agree with you, yet I am still active in the game. There is still plenty to do if you have faith the game will be good and you want to have a head start compared to the players who didn't gut it out and waited 6 months to see how the game turned out

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a huge fan of the ffa-pvp sandbox mmo genre.

Unfortunately, there's simply too much risk in it for big-time development studios, so here we are.

I know it's a risk to even think about spending 40 bucks on something we all know is still in an early stage of development, but there's reward in being at the beginning of something where individual players and their early communities can help establish what could be great memories and historical achievements at the beginning of what also could be a very long game-life.

Or, it could all crash and burn and we're out a few bucks.....and so goes the life of the ffa-pvp sandbox mmo fan.

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a huge fan of the ffa-pvp sandbox mmo genre.

Unfortunately, there's simply too much risk in it for big-time development studios, so here we are.

I know it's a risk to even think about spending 40 bucks on something we all know is still in an early stage of development, but there's reward in being at the beginning of something where individual players and their early communities can help establish what could be great memories and historical achievements at the beginning of what also could be a very long game-life.

Or, it could all crash and burn and we're out a few bucks.....and so goes the life of the ffa-pvp sandbox mmo fan.

Lenient in that we didn't all demand refunds and leave after the first server rollback.

I don't think this game yet meets all the description given above. But off the top of my head I can name Eve Online, Fallen Earth, or DarkFall. No they aren't all post-apocalyptic, but I think that's really beside the point.

I don't entirely disagree with your viewpoint, I understand the dificulty of MMO development and how money rules the industry. However, none of that can be expected to satisfy the paying customer.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I completely agree with you, yet I am still active in the game. There is still plenty to do if you have faith the game will be good and you want to have a head start compared to the players who didn't gut it out and waited 6 months to see how the game turned out
    At this point - it looks more likely that after a few months of sub fees, they will announce that Xsyon is shutting down.

I actually hope you are right, but I am not going to spend money and time in the hope that you are. If they get it to a decent playable state, then I will be back.

It's not just the money for me - it's the work and hope I put into it. I don't get into an MMO for a couple of months' fun. I try to find one that will entertain me for years.