Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hiding

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I have 70 perception and people with 100 hiding are just a little bit blurier then when they are not hiding. From my pesrepctive there is no point in hiding skill as I can spot any hiders from miles away.

Maybe you should not have rolled with 10 perception and then glorified a skill that in current form is crap?

Oh and people with 100 hiding skill... lol. All that effort just to be able to sneak up on people with 10 perception and only if they are not looking hard? LOL!
    That's bunk, you're just making things up. With 90 perception, those with 100 hiding are still quite difficult to see. When have you even seen some one with 100 hiding? You don't even leave your one man homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by jemmus View Post
    It sounds like somebody in green basket wear would be harder to spot than somebody in a red smoking jacket. If so, that's a nice realism feature. Can anybody confirm?
    Not at all the case, when your hiding gets high enough the colors you wear are irrelevant since you basically become a shadow that refracts light. In fact, the giant green baskets would make you easier to see since your profile and refraction silhouette are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    There's no way anyone is anywhere near 100 hiding without extensive macroing.
    Most of us (aside from myself) have macroed it pretty much exclusively. Well, that and jump. Two of them in particularly didn't really have time to play the game (or didn't want to deal with its bullshit) so all they did was macro hide, in propriety, for the entirety of the last 10 days. Hiding skill gain, we think, was nerfed even further about 4-5 days ago so that you get maybe 1 point per night of macroing... but those who were doing it all the time had it in the 90s by then anyway.

I suppose I could ask them to give me screenshots, but given that the only two people I know who claim to have 100 hide certainly LOOK like they have significantly more hide than those with 80, and that they may as well have been macro bots for the first week, I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Most of us (aside from myself) have macroed it pretty much exclusively. Well, that and jump.
    Good times!

P.S. macroing terraform leveling is an easy way to get about 70 skill points :P

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    You are clueless, botting and macroing are different things. And even with a macro i doubt he has it 100. i did it for 3h to gain one piont andi guess it will be harder at higher levels
    Once I figured out you had to spam hide on and off, I did this the first few days, skill gains were fast.

Then they nerfed it and now they are extremely slow.

Sadly, this will drive more people to macro it. Artificial slowing of skill gains only promotes the idea of macros. What may have taken 30ish hides per skill point is probably now in the thousands, I've given up on working it higher because of this. I won't waste level skill points in it, or in anything for that matter because the game isn't finished.

Right now, spending your level points is foolish because later you're going to wish you have them for some other skill that finally becomes useful.

It's pretty cool as Surly has described, but good luck getting anywhere near that level of skill now.

When skill gains are as slow as clicking a button 54000 times (60 times each minute for 15 hours), there is no wonder that people will macro it. Fix this before trying to stop the macroing please, else players will go around using skills basically all the time they find a need to only to have to wait a year (I'm not kidding, the hiding skill could probably take a year) or so before it actually raises one point. A point which probably does not do any difference as you would need more points for it to actually do anything at all.

Just clicking the button should give 0 skill gain. It should be time based on being near non-tribe/non-friendly players while in hide.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Just clicking the button should give 0 skill gain. It should be time based on being near non-tribe/non-friendly players while in hide.
    One person drops tribe and both hide in front of each other. Two lots of skill gain for the price of one.

... next!

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    You are clueless, botting and macroing are different things. And even with a macro i doubt he has it 100. i did it for 3h to gain one piont andi guess it will be harder at higher levels
    They're not two different things because they have the same end result- you don't have to be at your keyboard mashing a button or buttons to achieve skill gain/resources gathered/items crafted/whatever you're doing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    They're not two different things because they have the same end result- you don't have to be at your keyboard mashing a button or buttons to achieve skill gain/resources gathered/items crafted/whatever you're doing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jollepoker View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, skilling hide needs some kind of overhaul. I'm not going to risk getting banned to skill it, and I'm also not risking carpal tunnel, either! And I would like to max it, which doesn't seem likely to happen the way things are now, even with putting every skill point gained from everything else into it.

The problem with not allowing macroing but not banning or in some other way preventing those who break the rule against macroing is, only people willing to cheat will be able to effectively hide without suffering from carpal tunnel. So either macroing should not be against the rules, or macroers should be banned or have their characters reset when they're caught.