Ruins/Buildings/The Green Mist

I think once the game has taken off and gone live that there should be a graphical addon, ruins... Actual buildings or houses, stop signs askew, things that you would find after a natural disaster. Some of these buildings you can reuse the materials out of. A huge example of this is Battlefield Earth the Movie. Yes it was horrible but it still awe struck me, seeing the ruins of the city after man had been wiped out and survived extinction but was quite literally thrust back into the stone age. Overtime some....some basics should be added like electricity.

Electricity, the only true magical power known to mankind. It can be created but never controlled, nothing can stop it. The only other force of nature with similar power like this is steam. The ancient Mayan ruins even had signs depicting an acid battery which worked when scientists replicated in accordance to deciphered glyphs. Natural occuring metal elements when added to water would emit a glow or even produce electricty.

Steam: Steam should be introduced later in the game and used for driving gears or used in mass hauling, like trains for a big example. Though the tracks must be layed and can be damaged over time that lead beyond the tribes territories. This will allow for huge economical trade but the tracks must follow local waterways, locomotives need steam to run, steam as we all know, comes from water.

Sacred/ Forbidden Zones: Zones that are protected by a toxic mist/ or mutant beasts. These areas have rare items that will be necessary to technological advancements and feats. Granted one could bravely chart these lands and bring a few relics back but hard resources can only be packed out by means of mass hauling like trains. When the train is enroute to/from its destination any tribe can raid it/destroy it or take it over and kill everyone off and take the goods back to their tribal lands.

Flight.....hmm flight I think if its introduced into the game should take the longest to reach as far as advancements. Gliders are possible since they are a simple design. Helicopters and other things I think should be left out, unless the game transitions into a Divinci like age. Examples of games that used this idea: Rise of Legends, im sure there are others. The Vinci nations used steam to make machines and then were able to make tanks/helicopters/airplanes that used steam to drive them in the game mentioned above.

Ships are a no brainer, Ugg Ugg the caveman could make a ship. (more of a raft but you get the idea)

I have no doubt that someone else has listed these ideas already but I am bored and waiting for server up.

I think ALL of these ideas need to be in the game. The only thing is....They need to be in the game MUCH later. Say the population slowly grows and they expand out, once the landmass become too much to walk from one side to another we will need more forms of transportation. I think it would start off on horses, then boats, then maybe trains, etc etc.

Ruins I think are a necessity as well once we expand beyond the initial lake tahoe. They should be scalvageable to where you can take materials from them and also maybe repairable to where you can patch any damage and just use it as a structure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV9JS...eature=related

That looks like an apocalypse to me. Xsyon looks like... Just bare. Some sort of ruins would make it feel more immersive to me. Hopefully those kinds of things show up when the mist moves back.

Read the lore, you will know what happened.
    Plus this isn't 2012 it is 2037 or something in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    Read the lore, you will know what happened.
    Plus this isn't 2012 it is 2037 or something in that direction.
    "Jan 1st 2012.
    War has destroyed life as we know it. The Apocalypse is at hand!"

Even if it was 2037'ish, there would be ruins.

The game has an alternate reality history, for all we know civilization was wiped out centuries ago. Check real world lake tahoe and current scrap pile locations btw

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I think ALL of these ideas need to be in the game. The only thing is....They need to be in the game MUCH later. Say the population slowly grows and they expand out, once the landmass become too much to walk from one side to another we will need more forms of transportation. I think it would start off on horses, then boats, then maybe trains, etc etc.
    I remember WWIIOL started with the Blitzkrieg or however u spell it. it was suposed to expand to other fronts of WWII over time. its been like 10 years and still just Belguim 1940. I will believe this land mas/map expands when i see it