Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe they can not afford the test server right now? Maybe they rather hire someone to speed up the progress instead of setting up a test server? I dont know, test server would be nice but who would play there if you would loos all your toys every second day??
    Like i said im willig to spend my free time to help them to stress test the main server now rather then have more wipes after launch becouse something was not tested enough.
    We all knew that the game isnt polished yet as we preordered.

Both thumbs up! Keep on testing guys, so we can enjoy a smooth running game after the final launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyotroosh View Post
    Maybe they can not afford the test server right now? Maybe they rather hire someone to speed up the progress instead of setting up a test server? I dont know, test server would be nice but who would play there if you would loos all your toys every second day??
    Like i said im willig to spend my free time to help them to stress test the main server now rather then have more wipes after launch becouse something was not tested enough.
    We all knew that the game isnt polished yet as we preordered.

Both thumbs up! Keep on testing guys, so we can enjoy a smooth running game after the final launch.
    more than likely its not a question of the cost of a test server as much as it is replicating the production enviroment exactly for what they are specifically testing at the moment. My guess is they are testing things related to networking and really need to validate it on the production enviroment.

Having said I agree in general however I am not sure if a new developer or a good testing server is better. The reason I say that is because if we get 3-4 months invested in our character and then have another wipe that would suck major. So in that respect a testing server might actually be better than hiring a new dev. Regardless that is micro managing a firm where I dont have the visiablity so I am just pulling things randomly

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    the constant crashes and rollbacks are part of the testing, the game isn't launching yet this is the testing/ wiping phase
    +1. Yes, I appreciate the constant feedback from the devs as well. Working as I do in a production software environment, I appreciate the value of having "real" data to test with. I work in medical records database software, and while we do have a sterile offline test environment, I find it more useful to test on the shadow server, which contains real production data. It saves me a lot of time I would otherwise have to spend creating synthetic accounts and transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    I have to say the last few days have been excellent.
    Every day i have logged into the web page to see whats going on, and each day there has been something from Xyson! even if it is just what they are working on it keeps us informed and aware whats going on.

A big thank you for such a refrshing change from the usual! well done all.
    I extend a thank you for all the hard work that has brought your vision to a reality so that many of us too can enjoy it with you.

They have 2 developers. We are the testers....
    lol

Keep coding X. We are close, I hope!

Don't crank this back up until it works 100%. We can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    They have 2 developers. We are the testers....
    lol

Keep coding X. We are close, I hope!

Don't crank this back up until it works 100%. We can wait.
    they have more than 2 in developer role. the actual staff is larger then people think.
    http://www.xsyon.com/developers
    Its just the common use of words like "I" instead of "we" and "me" instead of "us" that leads people to believe it really is just one person.
    I wish he would use the word "we" more often but I can understand this project is his dream project.

You have my thanks aswell for a brilliant sandbox, shame about the bugs and problems, but if we do get through this, it'll all be worth it.

Iam constantly telling my clan about how they update us multiple times per day. Its amazing.

In contrast the Darkfall team updates us every few months, and in that time have not done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Just call it Wypeson for now.
    You get Post of the Day =p

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Iam constantly telling my clan about how they update us multiple times per day. Its amazing.

In contrast the Darkfall team updates us every few months, and in that time have not done anything.

I find the number of updates amazing as well. Crashes and lag and reporting bugs don't bother me either. I don't have the mindset that it's time to actually play, so I just pick new spots, try new things, roll new characters, and roll with whatever comes my way.