Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    All they have ta do is add locks/lockpicking/thievery.

tooltip~ "The owner of this bag was a boyscout, therefore, you cannot understand how to get passed these freaking knotts. Use your knowledge of thievery? *pulls out some knife* If you cut the bag you might damage some of the items. Proceed? *BONG (can't forget that noise)*"
    I also LOVE this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Jordi needs to stop listening to few wannabe gankers who want to switch everything off... oh wait... he doesn't. Cry me a river.
    Switching everything off is not being a ganker. Cry me a river?? No, I like to swim in the river

This is clearly a discussion between looters and creators, crafters and griefers. You do realize that right now there is NO (ZERO, NADA, NULL) punishment for theft? And you want to add more theft tools in here? A balance must exist yet all who want lootable bins are not those who seek a balanced game.
    Why would there be a need for an in-game mechanic that punishes me for taking stuff that is just laying around. I just find it odd and not fitting in this setting that these bins outside of save zone are secure. We scavage around in junk piles, but we leave around the most obvious source of resources, others people stuff. I am a crafter and I accept the fact that if I want to craft outside of my tribe area there should be risks. Right now in this game there balance between risk and reward are...well not balanced.

This is also what makes this game boring. If you craft there is just no need to do anything else but craft. This is also the reason you see so much macro's. There is just no need to keep an eye out for anyone or anything else out there. I accept we have save zones, although I prefer more of a system like in Wurm Online in with you have NPC gaurds with makes you pretty save from the random ganker.

I do however that they will remove private bins now or whenever we have a lock system and ways to unluck those.

Thanks for the input Redus.

I think it is safe to say that everyone knows I would enjoy a full loot FFA style game... however I know that this isn't going to work for XSYON. I enjoy killing people far more than any other aspect in any ther game.
    I get completely annoyed by folks that continue to slam my posts for being so "hardcore" or unrealistic when just about ever posted suggestion I have ever made was about compomise that would please crafter and pvper... all I get back is crap from the crafters saying its too tough. I wish everyone would try to think about aspects from different playstyles without being greedy or self serving. Offer up good solutions and conversations.. I'm not a forrum warrior.. I'm actually trying to help the game out by posting here.

So everyone here thinks that making bins public would revolutionalize the game? LOL! It will only make people make more turns to get resources home. That's it. None of you have given this ANY reasonable thought of how would that affect the game. Only thing you are interessted is to take stuff from others so you are not bored. Again LOL.

Decay is what you should aim for and you should all start working for a living. If you want realism looters should be hanged high each time when caught. My item is my item regardless of where I left it in the world. Until I have good mechanism protecting my property you should not have a good mechanism of stealing my stuff without any punishment.

Decay, locks and traps. Then we can talk. Why should stealing be made so easy? There is 0 reasons to allow griefers to rule this game. Now go and pave a junkpile if you don't like it.

Funny enough: all here want the same. to make the game interesting by getting a feeling of reward while fulfilling their individual roles. Yet there are always two sides to a medal. And only few are accepting the risky side of the medal.

But when everybody posts here, or even join/buy the game, they should be aware of what game they have bought.
    The setting of the game is to have a more or less violent struggle in a postapocalyptic world. Alone that should actually forbid safe-zones at all. However i can easily understand the opinion of many crafter players that safe-zones and private assets are necessary to ensure a fair gameplay. (being a crafter myself)

But to state that an item is someones possesion regardless of where it has been left in the game, is simply not the way it should be. Neither by the setting of the game nor by any realistic approach.
    Such conviction is only borne of a historical processes which ultimatively led to the modern world. Possession vs. Ownership. Your legal ownership (right of property) is secured by laws. Yet your possession of something is secured by your physical ability. But the game`s setting it actually IS about the loss of laws and old structures. The player community has either to define AND enforce the rules/laws in that world, or accept the risk of having none.
    Laws and rules are made by a society a player chooses to live in. Where in the real world every place on earth has a society, this game has not.

As you can read in that statement, i would actually vote for public stuff outside of tribe territory. But it is only fair, and logical, to give that supposedly public stuff a possibilty to lock up. (And lockpicking then of course)
    I can accept the tribe-safe-zone as a minimum of player comfort (as it is still a game). But beyond that, everything should behave as the game´s intention and setting dictate. The devs still fail to deliver that, though it is promised for after prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Thanks for the input Redus.

I think it is safe to say that everyone knows I would enjoy a full loot FFA style game... however I know that this isn't going to work for XSYON. I enjoy killing people far more than any other aspect in any ther game.
    I get completely annoyed by folks that continue to slam my posts for being so "hardcore" or unrealistic when just about ever posted suggestion I have ever made was about compomise that would please crafter and pvper... all I get back is crap from the crafters saying its too tough. I wish everyone would try to think about aspects from different playstyles without being greedy or self serving. Offer up good solutions and conversations.. I'm not a forrum warrior.. I'm actually trying to help the game out by posting here.
    If you want a full loot system implemented right now thats not a good solution since it would turn the game into a gankfest. The aligment system the devs planned have to be in place at first to avoid it. Once its implemented I'm all for full loot.

The public bins outside tribe areas are another question. You didn't suggest a compromise again, you only want the permissions to be removed. What do you suggest in return ? A locking system on the bins or a timer before they turn into public is a compromise.

If you want a compromise then you have to suggest something that has benefits for both types of players, the ones who want some safety and the ones who want free thieving-killing. If you suggest something that is good only to one type of players then don't be surprised when the other side resists.

So everyone here thinks that making bins public would revolutionalize the game? LOL! It will only make people make more turns to get resources home. That's it. None of you have given this ANY reasonable thought of how would that affect the game. Only thing you are interessted is to take stuff from others so you are not bored. Again LOL.

Decay is what you should aim for and you should all start working for a living. If you want realism looters should be hanged high each time when caught. My item is my item regardless of where I left it in the world. Until I have good mechanism protecting my property you should not have a good mechanism of stealing my stuff without any punishment.

Decay, locks and traps. Then we can talk. Why should stealing be made so easy? There is 0 reasons to allow griefers to rule this game. Now go and pave a junkpile if you don't like it.
    It would require people to actually leave their tribal areas more often and take up a risk instead of being able to craft their skills to max without the consequence of loss.

It would perhaps require you to have someone help you keep watch or patrol an area.. thus creating more a a community game.

I do no think this games intentions where to make it safe mode and easy for solo players to do everything the game has to offer without help from anyone or without fear of loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If you want a full loot system implemented right now thats not a good solution since it would turn the game into a gankfest. The aligment system the devs planned have to be in place at first to avoid it. Once its implemented I'm all for full loot.

The public bins outside tribe areas are another question. You didn't suggest a compromise again, you only want the permissions to be removed. What do you suggest in return ? A locking system on the bins or a timer before they turn into public is a compromise.

If you want a compromise then you have to suggest something that has benefits for both types of players, the ones who want some safety and the ones who want free thieving-killing. If you suggest something that is good only to one type of players then don't be surprised when the other side resists.
    I understand a FFA wouldn't work.. that is why I am no longer suggesting it.. I actually don't want safe tribal areas at all but have settled with it in its current form becuase so many people had others ideas...

Having locked bins inside IS ALREADY a compromise "WE" pvpers have made.

I wouldn't mind a lock pick and a pick pocket ability though since you asked. But I am more concerend with something being done now that is viable.. look at all the things that are promised and in the works by the devs own words.. versus whats actually been implemented and done. I am trying to think of the most simple and quickest form to fix this issue while we wait.

I wouldn't LOVE a timer but would rather a timer over the current system. Atleast the abadoned junk would properly be able to be removed by players since they devs haven't activated some sort of decay system to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    It would require people to actually leave their tribal areas more often and take up a risk instead of being able to craft their skills to max without the consequence of loss.

It would perhaps require you to have someone help you keep watch or patrol an area.. thus creating more a a community game.

I do no think this games intentions where to make it safe mode and easy for solo players to do everything the game has to offer without help from anyone or without fear of loss.

I understand a FFA wouldn't work.. that is why I am no longer suggesting it.. I actually don't want safe tribal areas at all but have settled with it in its current form becuase so many people had others ideas...

Having locked bins inside IS ALREADY a compromise "WE" pvpers have made.

I wouldn't mind a lock pick and a pick pocket ability though since you asked. But I am more concerend with something being done now that is viable.. look at all the things that are promised and in the works by the devs own words.. versus whats actually been implemented and done. I am trying to think of the most simple and quickest form to fix this issue while we wait.

I wouldn't LOVE a timer but would rather a timer over the current system. Atleast the abadoned junk would properly be able to be removed by players since they devs haven't activated some sort of decay system to handle it.
    Having locked bins can't really be called a compromise, since its a promised game feature. You bought the game by knowing that. The Feature page says 'Player owned protected storage.' This was one of the main reason I bought the game together with 'Player owned protected housing.'. I am willing to compromise with a timer on bins outside of tribal areas to make the game more interesting for you and others and to avoid mess on the ground.

aye, you go around finding random bins of stuff off totems and there full of stuff, maybe if some one else was able to pick that stuff up we would speed up the game slow downs.

also we need a totem removal system for all those homesteads that haven't been online in over a month.