Thumbs up Basketry epic fail

Hi,
    I just wanted to point here the dumbness of making a character with "Basketry" that can not create any basket, and worse : that will never be able because Schemes are not implemented (according to master scavengers)

and then player get in that situation :http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...pe-any-will-do

because we had exactly the same issue yesterday with tribe mates. Ok this is hardcore game, PvP enabled with full loot, but at least let a chance to players to make whatever possible, like... you know... in a SANDBOX GAME.

Reroll is not a sustainable game mechanic.

Explain more please....or we can talk ingame

truthfully I like that basketry is somewhat limited and I think that recipes from other crafting professions should be somewhat rarer.
    Baskets need to be somewhat hard to get so that people are forced to trade or there are no reasons to trade (especially because baskets dont take combat decay).

What annoys me about basketry is that the upper level hats all require twisted grass rope; a recipe that is not in game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Explain more please....or we can talk ingame
    He's talking about the fact that there is a good possibility (seems around 50/50) that when you select basketry as your chosen starting profession, you don't get any basket recipes. Since there are no basket (not basketry) recipes in the game currently, if your chosen profession or job within the tribe is basketry, you are stuck rerolling and selecting basketry until you get a basket recipe.

truthfully I like that basketry is somewhat limited and I think that recipes from other crafting professions should be somewhat rarer.
    Baskets need to be somewhat hard to get so that people are forced to trade or there are no reasons to trade (especially because baskets dont take combat decay).

What annoys me about basketry is that the upper level hats all require twisted grass rope; a recipe that is not in game at the moment.
    I agree with you EXCEPT that the OP complaint is valid. It would be like picking leatherworking and not getting any recipes except strap and tarp...AND no leatherworking recipes in game...

If you have a Pauwalu pouch recipe I beleive you can grind the Paulawu pack and all of the bins and baskets.
    Though I could be wrong; with 90 intelligence 90 spirit I have never learned any recipes in basketry except the hats and the 2 armor sets (as I started with complete sets of Pauwala and Welmeti storage)

Truthfully I would like to see recipes way more rare; we have 2 bins (50 slots) full of leather recipes.
    I use leather recipes just to use them up some times.
    I wish they were as rare as tailoring and bonecrafting is for us (we have a decent amount after working hard but not overloaded) or even a bit more rare.

Seriously though either put the grass rope recipes in game (or if in game a little more common- as noone ever has gotten them) or remove the requirements from the hat recipes; personally I'd rather see the recipes in game.

i have actually gotten quiet a few bonecrafting recipes

you can set your perception to 10 and start with out any recipes in your chosen starting craft btw.

Rerolling is always a option when starting a MMO infact i can't think of one that you didn't reroll your starting toon because you screw up your build so much.

how ever i think what is occuring is people are not clear on the stats they have to invest points into to make the most of there build.

Malivius explained it right.

if you have no basketry container at character creation, then you will never have one, that's the fact.
    By the way, some people create a "Basket" crafter, grind basic recipes but discover after days of playing that their toon will never be able to craft a single pouch... fail.

About the reroll thing,i did it at least 3-4 times for different reasons before getting tired of this. I understand that people who invest some time in a toon, reach some level and spent ressources to increase their craft skill are a little upset about rerolling.

right but the real point is that there needs to be some explanation on character creation about recipes being randomized and how some cannot be learned. how ever its not until two or three days later of playing that you realize that you needed to pick option A and not C to maximize your full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    right but the real point is that there needs to be some explanation on character creation about recipes being randomized and how some cannot be learned. how ever its not until two or three days later of playing that you realize that you needed to pick option A and not C to maximize your full potential.
    The whole randomization thing is rather pointless anyway.