Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Easy solution. If i cut down a tree, i should NOT, have the option to delete a log. Period. To delete a log, you only should do it on your TRIBE LAND. So if i went outside my tribe to cut down a tree. I should take that log and bring it back to the tribeland to delete. Thats a real reasonable behaviour.

Its all about balance, balance, balance.
    Cutting down trees, should take alot of energy. So if the person cut down 2-3 trees right now, the bar is still at full.
    Like all you said Joe, And I would add it should take way more time to cut down a tree.

To everone else, Balance is not just a word for people who like pvp. Balance should work for all of the game, Not just the few!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    And why did you kill them, Armand ?
    I'll PM you the details. I'm surprised he has the audacity to complain in public.

Exactly. Thats why all of the open PvP games are empty. The griefers kill the game for themselves. I hope Jordi will take some measures soon, like the promised alignment penalties. Or split the server for 2 zones...please !!
    Split the server into two zones, with this low a population? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Split the server into two zones, with this low a population? Really?
    Yes, why not ? It would still be one server, you could trade, chat and interact with everyone.

Xsyon Citizen
    Well, if one thing is clear, it's that a lot of players want 100% total safety at all times. I have trouble imagining why they want to actually play a "massively multiplayer" game. Single-player games plus an IRC chat channel seem to be what they are after.

Yes, why not ? It would still be one server, you could trade, chat and interact with everyone.
    Actually never mind. I read that wrong. I thought you wanted to split the server into two servers.

You know in Asherons Call they had PVP where you chose whether you wanted to fight or be be peaceful with fighting only animals. SWG had the alignment system as well. This kept those protected who didn't want to engage in fighting and those who wanted to could and they could still be in the same guilds.

Those were just two games but there were others too. So why couldn't we have that here. Those who are PVP ready had names in red so you always knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Well, if one thing is clear, it's that a lot of players want 100% total safety at all times. I have trouble imagining why they want to actually play a "massively multiplayer" game. Single-player games plus an IRC chat channel seem to be what they are after.
    The social interactions with other players are not restricted to killing in my book I play MMOs to trade, fight together (against mobs), make friends, help out others and so on. If all you can do with others is to kill or to be killed then I think an FPS game would fit you better.

a game that has the option to full loot pvp attracts those kind of ppl unfortunately jadzia =(

Xsyon Citizen
    If all you can do with others is to kill or to be killed then I think an FPS game would fit you better.
    Or an MMO that promised working PVP and actually delivered on that promise.

And, not wanting to trade for trading's sake, explore for exploration's sake, grind mobs just for the sake of grinding mobs, helping people who don't need to be helped just for fun, is not the same as not wanting to trade/explore/grind/help at all. A lot of players, myself included, are only interested in such activities when there is some kind of goal to work towards.

Saying "you have to make up your own goals because it's a sandbox" is a facile and useless response when there is nothing in the game to make worthwhile goals out of. In this game there is no competition because land and resources are endless; there are no challenges, no threats, no reasons to explore, no reasons to hunt. The allegedly harsh reality of the apocalypse actually turned out to be a safe and happy land of plenty and infinite leisure. Thus this grind is appealing only to those who enjoy grinding for grinding's sake, and people who are satisfied with having completed a grind even where there was no challenge or competition from other human beings involved.