• Yes!

52 17.93%
  • No!

225 77.59%
  • Undecided!

13 4.48%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Macroing is always the result of slow skill gain. I think an easy way to prevent most macro's is to remove skill gain when you're too hungry/thursty
    This is would certainly help.

Macroers are already ruining this game. The only good news here is that at least there is still a majority that think it sucks. Still, this cheat your way through a game mentality is leaving me cold. I for one have no interest of playing with, or against macroers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    I really just wanted to get peoples opinions on it. i can see only around 10% of people would support that in general. Keeping in mind that its still illegal its kinda like asking a pothead if he should think weed should be legalised.
    There is absolutely no comparison between asking a macroer if macroing should be legal and asking a pot head if weed should be legalized. Macroing gives you an advantage, smoking pot to the degree to be called a pot head dulls your senses and leaves you at a disadvantage. Just don't ask a pot head that because they will try their best to disagree...ahhh, huh huuh,....yeah......

Quote Originally Posted by schlock View Post
    There is absolutely no comparison between asking a macroer if macroing should be legal and asking a pot head if weed should be legalized. Macroing gives you an advantage, smoking pot to the degree to be called a pot head dulls your senses and leaves you at a disadvantage. Just don't ask a pot head that because they will try their best to disagree...ahhh, huh huuh,....yeah......
    Dulls your senses, callms you down and kills cancer cells. That is if you don't mix it with tobacco and don't burn it (use vaporizer). Don't mix hemp with tobacco kids, you are missing the point of it entirely. You are better of making brownies then smoking it.

As for macros I do not envy dev team with this one, it will be a hard nut to crack. Say no to macros! (unless you are disabled and need them).

I think a good solution would be something I think at least some games need to do, macro problem or no macro problem. Kill the grind time required to become an effective PvPer. If you can grind up to a PVP build that is on even footing with any other in a week-month, of reasonable play time, it would really kill the desire to macro in a lot of players. Combine that with account deletions for people caught macroing, and you've solved about 90% of the problem at least.

PLUS, this would enhance the overall game in my opinion. Most PVPer don't want to be grinding combat stats, they want to be fighting people. Make PVP more based off skills as a player than stats, with some slight bonuses for gear to keep armor and weapon makers in demand. One of the huge reasons I left Darkfall is I said "Skrew it, I've been grinding for months and I am still missing tons of skills that give huge PVP advantages, I don't want to play a game in hopes of having fun someday. I want to have fun." People will still have crafting and city building as a time sink, but for the people who want to be fighting, we can sink our time into fighting. And I know from Freelancer, fighting for hours and hours and hours a day in a no-PVP restrictions environment can keep a combat lover like myself occupied for a very long time on its own. About five years to be more specific.

I really couldn't care less about macroing in this game. The server crashes and disconnects so often I can't really see it being that much of an issue.

Allowing macroing would take out all of the fun of macroing!

You just can't stop me.

Xsyon Citizen
    Didn't read this thread. IMO the point to take home is that they're already illegal but that this rule either needs to be enforced or eliminated.

If macro'ing is a problem then the only people to blame are the ones who developed the game.

Hiding i'm guessing is the most macro'd skill in this game at present, why? because it requires the spamming of your hide key over and over, so whose fault is that?

Now what if they had made hiding a mini game instead, where the right and left mouse buttons worked as steps while in the hiding stance, and there was an additional bar that required you to balance as you tip-toed along or you would become unhidden and wouldn't gain in skill because you weren't hidden long enough?
    It would take advanced coding to counter the balance bar, but why would someone bother when they could stealth around the game happily knowing the skill is raising as they played.

To me macro's are rampant in games because of poor and lazy features. People are referring to how macro'ers destroyed darkfall, but it was the developers lack of vision that destroyed it by allowing everyone to raise everything in a never ending grind, so people macro'd for an edge and others to keep pace.

So at the end of the day, if a developer creates something thats tedious and dull, then proceeds to punish players for their own mistakes, then that quite frankly is absurd, as is this black and white poll that's simply been added to provoke mass hysteria, rather than a discussion as to why people are macro'ing.

No Macro's! Just make the game so there is no benefit to do so, focus the game so its more along the terms of gear and twitch based combat. And crafting needs more anti-macro features. And hiding needs to be less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    If macro'ing is a problem then the only people to blame are the ones who developed the game.

Hiding i'm guessing is the most macro'd skill in this game at present, why? because it requires the spamming of your hide key over and over, so whose fault is that?

Now what if they had made hiding a mini game instead, where the right and left mouse buttons worked as steps while in the hiding stance, and there was an additional bar that required you to balance as you tip-toed along or you would become unhidden and wouldn't gain in skill because you weren't hidden long enough?
    It would take advanced coding to counter the balance bar, but why would someone bother when they could stealth around the game happily knowing the skill is raising as they played.

To me macro's are rampant in games because of poor and lazy features. People are referring to how macro'ers destroyed darkfall, but it was the developers lack of vision that destroyed it by allowing everyone to raise everything in a never ending grind, so people macro'd for an edge and others to keep pace.

So at the end of the day, if a developer creates something thats tedious and dull, then proceeds to punish players for their own mistakes, then that quite frankly is absurd, as is this black and white poll that's simply been added to provoke mass hysteria, rather than a discussion as to why people are macro'ing.
    DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!