Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Progress Quest google it =O

I love macroing, it's my favorite thing to do in Xsyon since nothing else works and I do it regularly.

Shirley, your sig fucking kills me. I've watched it for like 5 mins now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Or you could actually try playing a game. I've never macroed i dont pay for a game so my computer can play it for me i pay for it to enjoy my time and relax at the end of the day. Honestly if ur gonna let a macro program play the game for you and spend a few hours writing a script so you can be lazy then just make it easier for everyone and go play an easy game like WoW or rift. Of course theres really no point in me arguing because there will always be macroers. I do blame the players not the game because you could just play the game you dont have to macro and its sad that the game is even thought to be blame on this matter it is the players decision. IMO ban them devs take their 40$ contribution and after you ban them post in on the forums as a warning put some fear into players eyes the more you catch the less there will be, but then again there will still be tht group of players that try to.
    Wow. If threads had IQs, this one just dropped to downy level. I'm sure Apache is happy to have you represent their tribe with posts like these. There was a good discussion going on above this post and you add nothing to it with your run on sentences and your blanket-condemnation. No one takes people like you seriously though, so you may as well not have even posted.

On topic; i'm similar to jumpshot in that the grind doesn't bother me. I played darkfall for 2 years and the grind never phased me, and i do enjoy seeing numerical progress. My original idea in this thread was aimed at bridging the gap for those who have no patience for grind. Its true though, there should be a middle ground where some time-investment is required but that middle ground is so ambiguous its very difficult to point to where it should be. If/when skill decay gets turned on, this may be less of an issue.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    I love macroing, it's my favorite thing to do in Xsyon since nothing else works and I do it regularly.
    This.

You know, I never really minded the grind in DarkFall either. What killed me was the lack of any kind of skill cap. I don't mind it taking tons of time and skill to max out, but it's unacceptable to me that you can max out everything. it creates a one class game with a huge vet to noob power gap. If you could only max out a certain number of skills, it wouldn't matter how long it takes, becasue even the underdevloped can prove viable in their own creative ways and niches.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    You know, I never really minded the grind in DarkFall either. What killed me was the lack of any kind of skill cap. I don't mind it taking tons of time and skill to max out, but it's unacceptable to me that you can max out everything. it creates a one class game with a huge vet to noob power gap. If you could only max out a certain number of skills, it wouldn't matter how long it takes, becasue even the underdevloped can prove viable in their own creative ways and niches.
    In Xsyon you are only able to max out some skills and not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    In Xsyon you are only able to max out some skills and not everything.
    That's what we are told anyhow. I've yet to notice any kind of decay being active in game and this thread is in responce to a number of other threads about people macroing.

DarkFall also promised skill decay in beta.

Personally I could careless about a playerbase that mainly consist of macroers so i wouldnt care if people were perma banned for it and it wouldnt put fear into my eyes bc i dont macro if you dont macro then u wouldnt have to worry about it, and i find it funny that u bring up that im an american lol like that has to do with this at all. And i sound like a nazi bc i think cheating should be banned? u sound like a macroer ur self why would u worry if u dont?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Wow. If threads had IQs, this one just dropped to downy level. I'm sure Apache is happy to have you represent their tribe with posts like these. There was a good discussion going on above this post and you add nothing to it with your run on sentences and your blanket-condemnation. No one takes people like you seriously though, so you may as well not have even posted.
    LOL its a forum get over yourself
    There are several copies of this exact post everyday if I took the time to post in every one of them with correct grammar and proper punctuation I wouldn't be playing the game. If i cared about opinions about every uptight individual such as yourself I would swell up from all the smug in the area. Thanks for the advice I'll defiantely consider it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    The problem does not lie with players who macro. Players will always macro. Even legit players. Humans will always take the easiest route with the biggest reward. It's a fact of nature.

Poor game design is the problem. Expecting people to follow the honor system is a pipe dream.

P.S. The same base philosophy also applys to griefing and to a lesser degree, exploiting.
    I disagree with this. I think you generalize too much. I for one, would not be in the "always take the easiest route" crowd. I don't macro in this or any other game, as an example.

The problem with saying that bad programming or development choices is the reason why people macro, is like saying the reason people steal or commit a crime, is because of bad security, or poorly designed store isles, etc. The point being, it doesn't matter how much you try to prevent something, someone will find a way around the normal route.

Another important point to remember: If it is on the computer, it can be automated. It is like this for all software, not just games.

My opinion is that is is a waste of my money to macro. Why would I pay to play a game that I automate most of the time. It is just stupid. I mean it is just a game, nothing permanent, no one will ever remember anything you did in game for long. I guess some people have to stretch for the attention, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    I disagree with this. I think you generalize too much. I for one, would not be in the "always take the easiest route" crowd. I don't macro in this or any other game, as an example.

The problem with saying that bad programming or development choices is the reason why people macro, is like saying the reason people steal or commit a crime, is because of bad security, or poorly designed store isles, etc. The point being, it doesn't matter how much you try to prevent something, someone will find a way around the normal route.

Another important point to remember: If it is on the computer, it can be automated. It is like this for all software, not just games.
    I don't entirely disagree with you in your first point. It's a matter of context. I bet you do take the easiest route in many cases. If Mob A takes 5 seconds to kill and gives 100xp and Mob B takes 10 mins to kill and gives 50xp, what mob are you going to grind your levels on? That would be an example of poor game design that drives a player to take one set path even if it hurts gameplay. If gathering is boring as shit and involves clicking a button for hours on end, why would I not macro?

I think you're taking my over all argument wrong, I never said poor game design was the reason people macro (Tho it does push people to macro in many cases), I said poor game design is the reason people CAN macro. It's something devs need to consider when designing their games. I can think of a thousand ways to stop macroing AND improve features in many cases, adn they all start at the drawing board. So instead of whining about it and employing a police force to punish players, why not just be creative about game design?

My main point in this discussion is the way macroing is handled not why it exists.

Added after 12 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Personally I could careless about a playerbase that mainly consist of macroers so i wouldnt care if people were perma banned for it and it wouldnt put fear into my eyes bc i dont macro if you dont macro then u wouldnt have to worry about it, and i find it funny that u bring up that im an american lol like that has to do with this at all. And i sound like a nazi bc i think cheating should be banned? u sound like a macroer ur self why would u worry if u dont?
    I'm an American, born and raised. I think you sound like a nazi because you'd rather punish people than find creative ways to circumvent a social issue.

So if you're not commiting any crimes then you'd have no problems with me listening to all your phone calls, reading your texts, and looking in your windows?

The argument of "If you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about" is paper thin and is often utilized by people who hate liberty. Just sayin'.