Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear5732 View Post
    If the game devs can emulate the combat tactics of MnB in an MMO, I would be your best friend forever.

Right now the animation is way too fast, and in MnB the actions are not slow - well when you just pick up the weapon and start sure, but it doesn't take much to get up to speed where you must have 50 ping or less in order to even have a chance at parry/dodge/chamber (Crpg mod) - swinging faster seems somewhat unrealistic for both reality and Video Games. In Crpg (which basically MnB single player with stats/attributes/leveling/experience etc. in multiplayer setting) The fastest weapons held by high level players move at split second decision speeds - the only thing that gives you a slight edge is seeing them pull back for the attack and then guessing the timing of their attack. Literally milliseconds of hesitation will kill you.

And as far as Cavalry I don't understand why someone wouldn't want that in a game, in Darkfall my fondest moments were charging into battle with 40 man+ cav attacks. The game needs a balance of melee types, not just what happens to be your personal preference.
    I agree. I've played M&B for years. When you're online, the difference of a 50 and 80 ms ping will get you killed in a hurry - that difference determines whether you block left, right dodge or attack. For anyone who doesn't live next door the the server, it will just induce rage-quitting and I don't think there's any MMO that wants that.

2. 02-25-2011, 01:35 PM

My ping averages around 37

Huge, huge M&B fan. Please, for the love of gaming everywhere, get this combat in this game. I will never play another game... Untill Xsyon 2?

I'm not going to hold my breath for a 1:1 representation of the awesomeness that is M&B, but if that is the direction the devs want to take it! aim for the skies.

I remember Darkfall saying it was going to have combat like Mount and Blade. We all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natdaprat View Post
    I remember Darkfall saying it was going to have combat like Mount and Blade. We all know how that turned out.
    We all know how darkfail turned out and why it turned out that way:

The devs didnt listen to the community that actually cared about the game and did what THEY personally desired.

+1 to m&b style combat

Quote Originally Posted by Natdaprat View Post
    You remember maybe some playrs saying that darkfall would have been M&B combat. The Dev's clearly said in interviews that DF combat will be a mix of Quake 3 and Roleplaying game.....

I don’t want an exact clone of M&B combat and I don’t think it’s realistic to have the expectation for it. I am not concerned with the “flaws” with M&B’s system. I think the point is to bring a more fluid melee/ranged twitch based combat mechanic and M&B is reference material.

Excluding the technical details (animation, speed, hit boxes, etc.) of combat, we really need the ability to map keys to mouse buttons! For now, I would be satisfied if the game had more flexibility regarding user preferences that are a standard in the market.