Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There really isn't that much in it when you're talking world connectivity. US MT has long been the best place to host for global servers, its only very recently European Datacentres have caught up in terms of pipe accessibility. EVE is an exception due to how it was conceived, the nature of the playstyle and staff location, and the fact that the US uptake in EVE has never been particularly large, unlike here in Xsyon.

If this was an FPS with heavy ping dependency you may have an argument, but when the majority of the EU can happily connect with around 100ms Ping on a decent network provider, I doubt youre going to prompt any kind of server move less than a week before launch.

You would have better results contacting your ISP to arrange a better route for you if you require it.

To be honest i must the only EU player who doesnt see a problem with the ping, I ping around 130-140 and i feel that this is more than enough for this game.
    Ok... ok... it would be nice to have a ping of 15-60 like most US players are having, but really i dont have any problem with the ping what so ever.

On a side note: there possibly might be a 2nd server for EU players if there is a call for it.

Make a poll guys and let us guides see what you think.

Ping isn't that much of a problem with tab targeting, but for a fps it can be. Until theres ranged weaponry though we wont know how much of a problem it is, or even if it is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    I totally agree that the servers should be in the UK - it would open the game to far more players. I am in India and connecting to the US is bad shit - Europe is far more accessible to the rest of the world (apart from Australia)

I vote UK servers!!!!
    I vote as far away from India as possible. It's the least you deserve for unleashing those annoying call center mofo's on us...

Move em' to Australia, we're clearly the most important customers. Quality, not quantity!

They will put the servers where the majority of players will be. In this case the majority of players are probably in the US.

ping <-110 very rare above it. and im in Europe. so no problem at all. (dutch)

totaly agree put it in uk

Majority of the players are in US, Europe, and Australia. US East Coast is smack dab in the middle of that and I've never heard of anyone getting a particularly terrible ping, so why change it? The only other place that's near as good is Berlin (about the same distance from Chicago and Australia as Chicago is from the other two.) That doesn't make much at the moment though, because unless the devs say otherwise it's pretty widely believed the the majority of players are in the US.

Edit: Actually, not smack dab in the middle. We'd have to put the servers closer to the west coast (farther from europe) for that to hold true.

Sure lets waste more time moving the servers. Besides, there isn't a huge list of things that need to be accomplished to polish game play...

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Sure lets waste more time moving the servers. Besides, there isn't a huge list of things that need to be accomplished to polish game play...
    orly ?