Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    But macroers are just cheating so they can run around and one-hit everyone by the end of launch week. Then they get together to giggle with their friends about how OP their macroed up, sad little excuse for a toon is.
    Have you been "one hit". Seriously, how could you tell anyway. Pre-order axes will 2 shot you, if you have 90 vitality.

This has NOTHING to do with skill level. Combat is completely fucking shit right now, so everytime you state that "OMG advantages in combat", you sound clueless. There are no skill advantages to be had right now. The only thing that actually gains you anything of value right now are trade skills, and those are easy enough to do and don't really beg for macros. The interface is shitty and it's boring as hell, but it's not hard.

Anyone who is dumping points into any of the combat skills right now is taking a huge gamble that the skills will mean anything or even exist when they rework combat.

Which is the better option in terms of game design:

1) Xsyon updating it's crafting UI to be appropriate and useful, such as remembering your preferred tools and materials, and allowing you to input the number of bricks you are attempting to craft?

- OR -

2) Continuously banning players over and over for chaining the incredibly tedious process of individually re-selecting the tools and ingredients for thousands of bricks?

There are many, many things game developers can do to make macroing obsolete, and which also serve to make the game better at the same time. I would rather the Xsyon devs devote their time and resources to solutions like option #1, rather than to damage control like option #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post

1) Xsyon updating it's crafting UI to be appropriate and useful? (For example, remembering your preferred tools and materials, and allowing you to input the number of identical final goods you are attempting to craft.)

- OR -

2) Banning macroers for automating the incredibly tedious process of individually re-selecting the tools and ingredients for thousands of bricks?

There are many things devs can do to make macroing obsolete, and which also make the game better at the same time. I would rather they devote their time and resources to solutions like option #1, than damage control like option #2.
    Or-
    They do both because the people who would issue the bans aren't the people writing the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post

1) Xsyon updating it's crafting UI to be appropriate and useful? (For example, remembering your preferred tools and materials, and allowing you to input the number of bricks you are attempting to craft.)

- OR -

2) Continuously banning macroers over and over for automating the incredibly tedious process of individually re-selecting the tools and ingredients for thousands of bricks?

There are many things game developers can do to make macroing obsolete, and which also make the game better at the same time. I would rather the Xsyon devs devote their time and resources to solutions like option #1, rather than to damage control like option #2.
    The problem is not the attended keyboard macros which only helps to keep your wrist healthy....its the unattended macroing, when players run macros/bots all day and night to train running/jumping/fishing/terraforming/hiding to gain levels and skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The problem is not the attended keyboard macros which only helps to keep your wrist healthy....its the unattended macroing, when players run macros/bots all day and night to train running/jumping/fishing/terraforming/hiding to gain levels and skill points.
    Running, Jumping and Hiding do NOT gain skill points/levels.

Fishing and Terraforming do. Honestly the level system is a bad idea IMO, but what'cha gonna do.

Now we know there are gathering bots, too. Nothing is going to make not sitting at the keyboard easier than sitting at the keyboard while you gather. Cheating players are gaining skill points, they're gathering, and I'm sure someone has figured out how to macro crafting, too. If I was a cheater and too lazy to figure out how to set up macros for myself, I know I could still bribe my teenager to set it up for me, so it's not even really about being smarter than other players. It's just cheating.

Letting a cheater get away with cheating is like praising a puppy for pissing on your carpet. You're going to get exactly the behavior no sane person would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Technically you could make a macro doing bricks overnight as well.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Now we know there are gathering bots, too. Nothing is going to make not sitting at the keyboard easier than sitting at the keyboard while you gather. Cheating players are gaining skill points, they're gathering, and I'm sure someone has figured out how to macro crafting, too. If I was a cheater and too lazy to figure out how to set up macros for myself, I know I could still bribe my teenager to set it up for me, so it's not even really about being smarter than other players. It's just cheating.

Letting a cheater get away with cheating is like praising a puppy for pissing on your carpet. You're going to get exactly the behavior no sane person would want.
    This puppy has a deadline and better whip it's little ass into shape, or it's gonna get put in a burlap bag and tossed in the river come subscription time. It's a good puppy just not the brightest puppy. I don't want to throw it in the river, but I will without shedding a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    This puppy has a deadline and better whip it's little ass into shape, or it's gonna get put in a burlap bag and tossed in the river come subscription time. It's a good puppy just not the brightest puppy. I don't want to throw it in the river, but I will without shedding a tear.
    I can't stop laughing now. I didn't even consider the puppy analogy in light of game issues and Xsyon devs.

But poor puppy, I'm seriously starting to wonder if there's not some insider sabotage going on somewhere, especially given the bug report I just read about character mixups that makes my missing character issue look like a little oopsie in comparison. And the timing of some of this stuff is just so bizarre.

Agreed, Corrupt GMs kill games faster than no GMs.