Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rants and raves

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I think he can't, he would simply die, lol. I've never seen a person before who was so unable to admit if he was wrong. Not to mention apology

Till now DDT has told us how the game should work, how we should all accept his view of gameplay since everything else is clearly rubbish. Now he is willing to share more of his wisdom, and he tells us what's the definition of PvP, he defines if a tribe is a PvP one or not. I suggest everyone ask for a certificate from DDT if they are wishing to be a PvP tribe, just to be on the safe side.
    /sarcasm off

Very funny thread, keep up the good work As long as DDT is unable to understand that currently no tribe can really PvP since there is no real enemy nor reason to do so, we will have a lot of fun. I think Xsyon Mercs will give a nice surprise to DDT when PvP will be fixed.

I've already admitted I was wrong, they do PVP. I'm not going to admit to something I don't believe.

Just because someone does PVP, doesn't make them a PVP tribe. Wouldn't you agree?

I believe I'm being pretty nice, I'm not trying to cause a fight here, sure I've said some sarcastic things here or there, but all in all I've been keeping it pretty civil. Yet, I find it funny you guys are upset because no matter how much I prove to you over and over again, you guys fail to admit it.

Answer these couple of questions and it should make it clear.

If I hit someone with a weapon while attacking a bear. Does that make me a PVPer?

If I dont go out killing people, and I run from fights, yet I will train on my friends. Does that make me a PVPer?

I believe those are very simple questions.

To claim you are a PvP tribe and then prove that you do PvP, I do believe that was your first criteria for being rightful in that claim.

Are you changing that now that it won't keep our tribe from from having that title?

1. Depends if your intent was to hit the player and not the bear. Killing someone moving in on your kill without any agreement would be considered PvP.

2. Going out and killing random people because you want to kill something, is a form of PvP, though not that great, the challenge there isn't very high due to most everyone else out there right now are crafters not PvPers

3. Running from fights? If you have no chance of winning, run, if you would rather not be bothered, run, those are choices you have to make for yourself. I can say for myself that if someone attacks me and I don't know them, I tell them it's a bad idea, if they continue I kill them.

Fighting just to fight isn't the only (nor IMO the best form of PvP as it's getting close to griefing) I'd rather have some motivation behind using the skill I have been practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Keep up your crafting, and your "training" or what you call PVP.
    Maybe one day you will get the courage enough to fight the real PVPers.
    Could it possibly get any more After School Special than this?

By Definition
    Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.[1] This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs and other computer role-playing games.
    PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. In computer role-playing games, PvP is sometimes called player killing or PKing.

Player killing, Ganking or PKing, is non-consensual PvP resulting in a character's death.[citation needed] Some games offer open PvP (also sometimes called world PvP), where one player can attack another without warning anywhere in the game world. A pure PK game is one where PvP conflict is the only gameplay offered. End

Xsyon is NOT pure PK game.

The reason I posted this is because this argument is beyond pointless. If you knowingly subscribe to a game that has PVP aspects, then by definition you PVP. It would be impossible to fully play a game with PVP mechanics and not PVP. Making this asinine comparative between PVP tribes and Non PVP tribes was nothing more than one persons opinion that; even though this is a PVP game, some people do not meet Their Definition of PVP. Arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I play PVP games (always play on PVP servers if given a choice) because the added challenge that this player interaction beings to the game. If a friendly approaches me or my camp I do not attack. If an adversary approaches me or my camp I do attack. This is the politics of PVP in every PVP/PVE game I have ever played.

This is PVP!

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    To claim you are a PvP tribe and then prove that you do PvP, I do believe that was your first criteria for being rightful in that claim.

Are you changing that now that it won't keep our tribe from from having that title?

1. Depends if your intent was to hit the player and not the bear. Killing someone moving in on your kill without any agreement would be considered PvP.

2. Going out and killing random people because you want to kill something, is a form of PvP, though not that great, the challenge there isn't very high due to most everyone else out there right now are crafters not PvPers

3. Running from fights? If you have no chance of winning, run, if you would rather not be bothered, run, those are choices you have to make for yourself. I can say for myself that if someone attacks me and I don't know them, I tell them it's a bad idea, if they continue I kill them.

Fighting just to fight isn't the only (nor IMO the best form of PvP as it's getting close to griefing) I'd rather have some motivation behind using the skill I have been practicing.

They were yes or no questions, try not to change the question. You are given all the facts, you must make a choice. Yes or no?

I understand you want to put your own opinion in there, but these are set questions that you cant change. The question is there for a reason.

Also there is only 2 questions not 3.

I agreed already you have done PVP. Just as someone that randomly hits me while we are out PVEing does PVP. (I've already conceded you have done PVP)
    Does that mean he is a PVPer? Or their tribe a PVP tribe? (Answer the other questions first please a few posts up).
    If you read my first post, I said show that first, then maybe I will change my opinion. So you have shown it, now I'm asking follow up questions and showing you why just being a PVPer (or what you call a PVPer) isnt enough to make you a PVP tribe.
    I'm waiting for those answers.

Added after 10 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Could it possibly get any more After School Special than this?

By Definition
    Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.[1] This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs and other computer role-playing games.
    PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. In computer role-playing games, PvP is sometimes called player killing or PKing.

Player killing, Ganking or PKing, is non-consensual PvP resulting in a character's death.[citation needed] Some games offer open PvP (also sometimes called world PvP), where one player can attack another without warning anywhere in the game world. A pure PK game is one where PvP conflict is the only gameplay offered. End

Xsyon is NOT pure PK game.

The reason I posted this is because this argument is beyond pointless. If you knowingly subscribe to a game that has PVP aspects, then by definition you PVP. It would be impossible to fully play a game with PVP mechanics and not PVP. Making this asinine comparative between PVP tribes and Non PVP tribes was nothing more than one persons opinion that; even though this is a PVP game, some people do not meet Their Definition of PVP. Arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I play PVP games (always play on PVP servers if given a choice) because the added challenge that this player interaction beings to the game. If a friendly approaches me or my camp I do not attack. If an adversary approaches me or my camp I do attack. This is the politics of PVP in every PVP/PVE game I have ever played.

This is PVP!

Funny, is that Xsyon's current setup, it is a PK game. PK = Player Killer. You can kill players therefore its a PK game.
    On top of that, there is no punishment to being a PKer (Which means Player Killer). Only rewards (options to loot).

Player killing has nothing to do with "non consensual" or not. I could duel someone with both parties agree, and kill another player. I would still be a player killer.

Now I do agree in common usage PKer means a baddie that does attack other players without consent so I have to agree, with your use of PK here. So Im not sure which term you were really trying to use because you pulled it out "By Definition"

I do like that Xsyon isnt fully a PK game in the fact that people can get away (or are meant to), and that there will be punishments to being evil (not yet but their will be its to be planned unless that changes to). So dont get me wrong on that part. This is my opinion.

Open World PVP, also known as FFA, is another part of what makes it fun to me. So I do like that. But there is more to open world PVP than just being able to slap someone anytime you feel like it for it to work. This is my opinion (Im trying to state opinions from facts just FYI, notice the use of "feel" and "like")

I'm like you I play PVP games when I play games, I do play on the PVP servers and I do look for more PVP type of games, like Shadowbane, UO, Roma Victor etc. But, just because I'm on a PVP server doesnt mean my tribe is a PVP tribe.

My question to you, is that if you are a PVP tribe wouldnt you not only defend yourself on a PVP server, but also go out looking for a fight too? Or making an offense?
    To me it would seem that non PVP tribes would be the only ones NOT looking for a fight, and only fighting when they are forced too. Correct?

I've already admitted I was wrong, they do PVP. I'm not going to admit to something I don't believe.

Just because someone does PVP, doesn't make them a PVP tribe. Wouldn't you agree?

I believe I'm being pretty night, I'm not trying to cause a fight here, sure I've said some sarcastic things here or there, but all in all I've been keeping it pretty civil. Yet, I find it funny you guys are upset because no matter how much I prove to you over and over again, you guys fail to admit it. No one here is upset, I don't know where you got that impression. What exactly have you proven to us?

Answer these couple of questions and it should make it clear.

If I hit someone with a weapon while attacking a bear. Does that make me a PVPer? (If your intent is to kill them to prevent them from taking the bear for whatever reason, Yep that be PvP)

If I dont go out killing people, and I run from fights, yet I will train on my friends. Does that make me a PVPer? (Underlined part is irrelevant. Running from fights would be based on a given situation, so also irrelevant. Fighting others whether they are friends or not, Yep that be PvP.)

I believe those are very simple questions.
    Simple yes, worded correctly no.

Giving broad situations like that and demanding a yes or no answer doesn't do you any favors nor me. It shows you can't debate without resorting to twisting words to prove a point. On my end, it'd be poor of me to answer without clarifying that these would be by situation decisions.

All in all DDT I think they point has been made. A PvP tribe actually PvPs, you have spoken out of turn of things you know not about. You admitted to this already, I understand some people can't bring themselves to say they are sorry and take back what they have said in error but having you admit to being wrong might just have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    Simple yes
    Thanks, see we are at the meat of the problem.

I disagree, PVPers by the book yes, they are PVPers if they hit another player, however in the common sense term of it. HELL NO.

So now we are at the meat of it, and I dont ever seeing that changing due to you believe your tribe is a PVP tribe because no matter what as long as you have touched another player, you are a PVP tribe. While any real tribe that's a PVP tribe would know better.

Heck, every tribe out there is a PVP tribe according to your standards, and since that's the case. There is no point calling your tribe a PVP tribe, when all tribes are PVP tribes.

Thanks for clearing that up, and I stand by my opinion. You are a carebear tribe, that thinks they are a PVP tribe. Carry on.

No point going any further, as this is where opinions will differ, and I doubt you will ever change your mind. I know you cant change mine on that basic point. Being a PVP tribe counts for more than hitting another player.

Dropping the questions?

I wanted to know the point of answering those broad questions. Was there a line of thought there?

Read the last reply before yours.

Sum it up.

You believe if someone hits another player, they are a PVP tribe.
    I believe there is much more to being a PVP tribe than hitting another player.

Read the last reply before yours.

Sum it up.

You believe if someone hits another player, they are a PVP tribe.
    I believe there is much more to being a PVP tribe than hitting another player.
    When have I said that? I have however stated multiple times that two players fighting does infact count as PvP.

You keep stating things without proof, just wild assumptions.

Really this thread has served it's purpose. You have admitted you were wrong. I don't expect much more from you.

oh my! DDT has the only true pvp tribe ingame! their for makes him master of all answers, DDT you lie out your ass all the time, and dont say i lie, as i havent all i did was pass info i was GIVEN, not make up meaningless bullshit to try and make myself sound smart like you do on a daily basis, you sit at a computer 20 hours a day and claim you have a life and know that all meanings in the dictionary are wrong, because you know the correct ones, you also claim no one ingame knows how to be a game tester, obviously you had this role before, and failed it also got booted from it. You fail as a Troll and as a human being. You have 1 game you can attempt to act like your a dev, But before you even post a reply back to me , Point out the games you have made, please point out their success, also point out the data you have, i want spreadsheets, logs, webpages, Also i want to see a certified paper sign by the president, stating you are the worlds smartest human being, till i see that, you sir are full of shit, a fail troll and no matter your next post, it will be pitaful just like yourself. Dont worry fourm mod gods ill leavem be now, cant help it when a dumbass trys to be somthing they can never be!