Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I believe you are right, and, somehow, I believe too that Xsyon will address the death penalty and alignment topics once the more pressing technical issues with the server are dealt with.

I believe a stinging death penalty is needed for this game and a penalty to stats and skills sounds good to me. And with that I mean an actual loss of stat or skill points, thus no temporary one. Additionally, death could cause that a player "cannot remember" a crafting recipe or two after the death experience.

I envision a system that - while FFA PvP is possible - causes that FFA PvP seldom is chosen as the most appropriate action by the players, just because the penalty for death is hurting so much.

Also, just imagine a death penalty that is dynamic, possibly after religion is introduced into the game. Here the death penalty could be a light to moderate one when, for example, there have been less than 5 player-killings server-wide in the last 24 hours, climbing to a very steep death penalty if we had more than 100 player-killings during the last 24 hours or so.
    I fully agree, however think it should be more stinging.

For instance, whenever you faile to craft an item your stats and skill should be permanatly lost.

When you fail to find something foraging or scavanging it should take away health

Also i think permanant death is a good idea, but you can just make a new character...how about account ban upon death?

Im looking forward to being totaly nerfed for being evil, now i dont feel so bad camping new player spawns and being brutal on new players in general.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    I fully agree, however think it should be more stinging.

For instance, whenever you faile to craft an item your stats and skill should be permanatly lost.

When you fail to find something foraging or scavanging it should take away health

Also i think permanant death is a good idea, but you can just make a new character...how about account ban upon death?
    no that is not hard core enough. Basically if you fail at harvesting berries your computer should explode.

perhaps upon death, jookie should come to your house and kill you for real...i think that is a stinging enough death penalty

honestly though, there shouldnt be a penalty built into the game for choosing a faction, or participating in any part of the game, pvp included. sandbox = players enforce any rules they choose though the game not though crying to the developers to make it all better.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    perhaps upon death, jookie should come to your house and kill you for real...i think that is a stinging enough death penalty
    I really think there is a higher than average number of people in the gaming community who were abused as childern

I will say this and regardless of which side of the issue you are on you will agree.

Being bad doesn't mean anything if there's not consequences to being bad....

I am all for the harshest punishments up to and including permadeath for murderers... that doesn't stop the fact that I will still be one of the few that will choose to live my life like this. It's more rewarding when not everyone is willing to murder their neighbor.

what's funny about the whole militant carebear movement is they don't even realize that the pvp side is the least ugly aspect of what an angry opponent can do. So situation:

I don't like you. You took the the spot i wanted and now you will pay.
    - My tribe will strip the area in the vicinity of your pathetic excuse for a town of resources. Trees, grass, stone, whatever...we'll deplete it.
    - The farther afield you move, well, we'll strip that too.
    - We'll plant spies in your ranks to tear you up from the inside. stealing, deleting...generally causing distrust among your members (hehe maybe we're already there )
    - We'll make sure that when we attack you, that you do not have a hope of winning. 3, 4, 5 v 1 odds...since death is too painful to risk.

When you take away a fair minded pvp 'solution' and create a system that does not equitably treat player behavior...that's a slippery slope to making a game that no one playes.

oh, and I know, the response to the above will be, 'thats griefing, you'll be banned'...well not really. If i plant homestead nearby, i'm merely harvesting for my homestead. Sorry if it bothers you. Or is there a rule that i can't take resources near your town? It's unfair that you're attacking me with those odds...that's griefing! BAN BAN BAN. Where is there a rule that i have to fight fair...the rules (as you'd have them) give me every incentive to NOT fight a fair or disadvantaged fight. And, SPYING IS GRIEFINGING BAN BAN BAN. *shrug* throwaway account...it was made to be banned...if you catch me.

So in general, the careabear militia really needs to start playing connect the dots on what happens when restrictions and penalties become too severe...

Of course yes, you can say just eliminate the pvp all together...but then you probably lose over 50% of your population right off the bat and more over time...We (the pvp community) have a fairly large playerbase (300-500K?) that is out there waiting for 'the game'...that are currently biding timing playing something less than ideal. How many players are waiting in the wings for the 'ultimate crafting game'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    what's funny about the whole militant carebear movement

lol

there used to not be any QQ posts now every QQ swinging dick who wants to proove their manhood by playing Xsyon pvp has been posting hyterically as if they are going to loose their marbles for the past few weeks.

I will tell you right now, if death penalty is as severe as some want it, I will simply continue to roll new toons with 90 STR and such and use my Pre-Order weapon to kill people, not worrying about skilling up at all. And I have about 5 friends that will do the same. You may say that your armor and skills will out match mine, but we will see how you handle an angry mob of 5 or 6 dedicated reroll thugs that come at you night after night.

This of course is not my chosen method to play this game, in fact I much rather be a part of society that enjoys pking and griefing on the side. Frak, I would consider a 2nd acct so I could also play for keeps and enjoy the other aspects of the game, but if death hurts really bad and stat/skill loss is part of it, I will be willing to have two active accts so one of them can be dedicated to rebelling against such a harsh penalty and making as many people feel the pain with me that I can. And I can think of a few others that would go the 2 acct route.

I'm just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    I will tell you right now, if death penalty is as severe as some want it, I will simply continue to roll new toons with 90 STR and such and use my Pre-Order weapon to kill people, not worrying about skilling up at all. And I have about 5 friends that will do the same. You may say that your armor and skills will out match mine, but we will see how you handle an angry mob of 5 or 6 dedicated reroll thugs that come at you night after night.

This of course is not my chosen method to play this game, in fact I much rather be a part of society that enjoys pking and griefing on the side. Frak, I would consider a 2nd acct so I could also play for keeps and enjoy the other aspects of the game, but if death hurts really bad and stat/skill loss is part of it, I will be willing to have two active accts so one of them can be dedicated to rebelling against such a harsh penalty and making as many people feel the pain with me that I can. And I can think of a few others that would go the 2 acct route.

I'm just sayin'
    Why losing one point is such a big penalty. Especially when it's for good and evil players. You just have to make sure you won't die. It leaves evil tribes with people that like harder gameplay and want to be evil.

I don't want to run away from anyone I see, especially when combat system is more like lottery. PvP would me mostly in war system where there would be no penalty. And open PvP would be there to give you the thrill that you may die today like it supposed to be.

We don't want to ruin the game for PvP'ers, PvP will be there with or without you and we'll have to fight at some point. We don't want this game to become PvP arena couse it would ruin the game for us.