Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The guides have said it's a FFA PVP game is that good enough for you? Step outside your camp I will loot every item off you except your backpack... Is that FFA PVP enough for you? Must be nice to be able to live in denial like so many of you seem to do.

FYI: Fisherman don't make fishing poles. Your 5-10 uses idea is completely bunk. After your tools break you will all be whining about not having them again and demanding they last longer. Maybe you should learn how a player driven community works. If you lose your starter tools you can still make things to trade for new tools. Problem is you want everything handed to you and want to work for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    The guides have said it's a FFA PVP game is that good enough for you? Step outside your camp I will loot every item off you except your backpack... Is that FFA PVP enough for you? Must be nice to be able to live in denial like so many of you seem to do.

FYI: Fisherman don't make fishing poles. Your 5-10 uses idea is completely bunk. After your tools break you will all be whining about not having them again and demanding they last longer. Maybe you should learn how a player driven community works. If you lose your starter tools you can still make things to trade for new tools. Problem is you want everything handed to you and want to work for nothing.
    No one argues here with the open PvP system. The game is not full loot though if you haven't realized it yet. There are limits for looting, by the looting timer, encumbrance limit and the alignment system.

I agree with the OP. New players who just logged in first time in the game need some protection till they learn how to play.

It is NEARLY full loot. The only thing i can't take off of a dead body is their backpack. I can open it and take whatever i want. The only thing they need to do is make the starter area a safezone for about a 50 foot radius. That will keep people from load ganking

LasasTARD was confused on how the game works thinking it is not FFA.

5-10 uses on starter tools is a dumb idea and only serves to punish those who are smart enough to not get ganked at the beginning of the game.

Most full-on FFA games suffer from the same thing - and Xsyon would especially. And that is retention and growth. FFA games, at least those I can think of, have a hard time growing because the concept in itself is hostile towards new players or players who are not primarily interesting in running around naked and getting at each others throats (which has nothing to do with 'skill' btw). Especially in a game like Xsyon you will likely have many players who are much more interested in the social and world-building aspects. And the game needs these people to make the whole design work. So the Devs should take that into account and accommodate the needs of these players. And part of that is not getting all your stuff stolen and being left with nothing but the dirt under your fingernails. The starter tools are the most basic equipment you can have and without it a crafter would have a pretty tough time making even the simplest of items. Sure, you can try and trade rocks and grass for new tools, but a) you need to find someone that can make them for you (massive time sink) and b) you may lose them again 5 minutes later because that seems to be definition of fun for some people. If you lose these social, non-PVP players, than after a while all that is left are the die-hard gankers and those are not enough to sustain the game (wasted potential aside).

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Most full-on FFA games suffer from the same thing - and Xsyon would especially. And that is retention and growth. FFA games, at least those I can think of, have a hard time growing because the concept in itself is hostile towards new players or players who are not primarily interesting in running around naked and getting at each others throats (which has nothing to do with 'skill' btw). Especially in a game like Xsyon you will likely have many players who are much more interested in the social and world-building aspects. And the game needs these people to make the whole design work. So the Devs should take that into account and accommodate the needs of these players. And part of that is not getting all your stuff stolen and being left with nothing but the dirt under your fingernails. The starter tools are the most basic equipment you can have and without it a crafter would have a pretty tough time making even the simplest of items. Sure, you can try and trade rocks and grass for new tools, but a) you need to find someone that can make them for you (massive time sink) and b) you may lose them again 5 minutes later because that seems to be definition of fun for some people. If you lose these social, non-PVP players, than after a while all that is left are the die-hard gankers and those are not enough to sustain the game (wasted potential aside).

If you can't accept the fact that you may lose your tools at any given moment then why do you play FFA PVP games? It makes no sense. Is it just so you can get on the forums and cry?

There is a difference between having FFA PvP in the game as opposed the to game largely revolving around FFA PvP (e.g. Darkfall).

From a recent interview with the lead dev (full interview here)

Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force. [...]
    What I am saying is that you can have PvP in the game without having it negatively affect the community of the game as a whole. The unlootable tools would make it easier for people to deal with the game who are not full-on FFA fanatics and have an equally valid place in the current game design. But I am sensing that whole argument is lost on you, so I'll leave it at that.

It''s not lost on me... I accept the way the game works. YOU however are asking for some pretty big changes to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    It''s not lost on me... I accept the way the game works. YOU however are asking for some pretty big changes to the system. There's gonna be a really loud pop when you carebears finally pull your heads out of your asses.
    Anyone who uses the term carebear to describe everyone else but themselves, is narrow-minded to say the least. You really need to be playing a single player game, because you apparently cannot handle people calling you out. No one will ruin your game time in a single player game, and you will have it all your way. Now go play with you my little ponies, drama queen.

Starter tools are only relevant at the very beginning of a players career. Unfortunately, they are required for folks to get started... My suggestion is a little radical, but would make much more sense to me. Have all the starting tools craftable!!! I get ganked, it incoveniences me because I lose my tools, but I can go craft some new ones. Players should not have to reroll or beg for new tools if they get killed in this mean world. This approach also provides two side benefits. It takes away the "rarity" if starter tools, so people will have less incentive to kill for them. They also provide characters with some simple recipies they can start out with.

Except I'm not asking for the game to be made easier. So it doesn't matter what you say. you ARE the carebear. Noone can ruin my game time because I'm not a whiny little bitch like you. If I die I accept it and move on. I don't reroll i go gather items to trade for new tools or I go take tools from weaker people like you.