Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    THEY BOTH START WITH SAFEZONES
    Yes youre right, in my posts i was thinking of it as if we already had those defenses, which would have been nice but unfortunately not in place right away. Now that you point that out....

Since we dont have those in place yet, there really is no difference at all between the 2 servers right now. There really wont be any differece at all likely for a couple of months. So it wont be anything like Day 1 of server: Everyone logs in and just goes crazy killing everyone they can find anywhere. We will still have the exact same safe zones on both servers for now.

The only difference will be AFTER they are added into the game, and by then most of us will already have our tribes established buildings constructed, etc and ready to get right to work on putting uop defenses. On that note this is probably pretty obvious to some, but just in case... dont oput out the defenses AND remove safe zones both at the same time. Give it a week or 2 to make sure there arent massive bugs with them, give people a chance to get a few things built afte ryou put them into the game, and then announce the removal of safezones.

Anyway, like i said, for now there wont really be any differenc ein the servers until AFTER defenses are put in. So rather than having knee jerk reactions and freaking out, people & tribe sneed to slow down, realize everything is the same on both servers right now, and plan FOR THE FUTURE. A month or 2, or whenever we get the defenses, down the road.... do you want to be on the server where there is only consensual tribal warfare, and the defenses will only really be needed as a tactical thing in consensual battles? Or do you want to be on the server where putting those defenses in place and maintaining & improving them constantly will be a vital part in making sure you dont login one day to find your tribe destroyed by an enemy who felt like attacking you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    Peace Server will be Consentual PvP after Pre-lude (Tribe vs Tribe Rather)
    Wasn't the point of my post. Too many times have I seen post saying "its not the same one has no safezones". As far as the context of the PvP, I wouldn't say anything is set in stone, seeing as "- Both servers will evolve with each player base. The plan is and will always be to evolve with what the player base wants." So if the peace server want to add non-consensual tribe vs tribe then I can imagine they will change it. Look at it like this, I see the peace server as the dominate server, the war server will get the first look on what the impact non-consensual TvT will be. If it turns into an overall "shit storm" then they could always turn War into a test server for future content.

Splitting up the playerbase on 2 servers its a vary bad move form my point of view. A very bad one, most probablly decided under pressure made from people who wish only the PvP aspect of the game. After one month past we shall see but if it will turn out as a bad move you might not be able to hold the playerbase that was once full of hope for this game beeing a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    This is correct. The plan, as I keep saying, is to evolve with the player base. The current player base is pushing in two different directions, so we'll start off this way. If you start off on a server with like minded players you know better what to expect in the future.

Choices and evolution with the community is the plan.

Sounds like you are developing 2 different type of games.
    Basicly the 2 servers have different concept ..
    I Wish to enjoy craft and pvp aspects by playing 1 character and not split my time in 2 servers.
    Never complained about xsyon features and gamewise, but this is really not the right way.
    Make 2x servers that are basicly the same if you have population issue's and let everybody enjoy the FULL concept of the game and not by focusing developments on war/peace server.
    This totally split the community even more.

wow this is retarded. most dumbest move ever..

2 servers = balance issues

Let me start by saying I love this game dearly. It is exactly the game I have been looking for for 10 years or more.
    I've played everything mmorpgish since EQ first came out, PvP, non-pvp, I've done it all. Spent years in EVE-online as a successful FC, and I love EVE-online as well with several thousand pvp involvements. I played Darkfall for a year and did raiding/defending. I love PvP games that are balanced properly and have some risk/reward (hate WoW/Rift style).

I have some major concerns about the idea of War vs Peace servers as I will discuss below.
    I hope the alignment system allows for something like gankers turning evil alignment and then not being safe [even inside their own territory],
    and/or a well-thought-out system for siege, conquest, and war (on BOTH servers).

Here is my nightmare:

War server
    -gets way to conquer/destroy neighbor totems,
    -but is a total gankfest since anyone can declare war on you and then kill you in your home.

Peace server:
    -stays the way it is now, and you build a huge city/castle only to have bad neighbors move next door/around you that kill anyone who leaves your city or comes to trade.
    -You have no way to get rid of someone(s)' totem you do not like.
    -You can only declare consensual war to fight someone in their land and potentially drive them off.

Either way, consensual combat, with only pride as your risk, is not what I came to this game for: there are a ton of games with consensual/arena combat out there which I choose NOT to play.
    That being said, I also did not sign on to this game to spend hundreds of my free/entertainment hours building/crafting stuff that someone can destroy in a day of free war just because they felt like it.
    So while I am not a "total carebear", nor am I a "hardcore ganker" type of player.
    I am willing to bet a lot of people fall into the same category as me, or at least they would if any game could successfully blend/blurr the lines.

I feel that without more detailed information on killzones and totem destruction, the idea of a War and Peace (poorly named to say the least) server split could do the opposite of blurring the carebear/ganker line and will force a difficult choice for many people who would rather have both.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    I think this is a very bad idea. I think the game may have shot itself in the foot. I have a couple of questions which may or may not help me make sense of all this.

After prelude, Safety zones are going to go away and tribal warfare will begin. During this period, is warfare all consensual? or as I thought the political/territorial aspects would take over, But warfare was solidly in?

If Yes is the answer. I have no problems and I will join the Peace server, because that was the original intent behind the game.
    If the answer is know. Then I have to re-evaluate the game

I believe that 99% of the ppl are going to choose the PVE server and not the PVP server regardless, thus making for a very poor gaming experience for those players. We've spoken with many from the major tribes and they will be going on the PVE server.

I would rather deal with a bit of a crowded area until some of the mist can be lifted then this two server business.

Please put up an official poll, because I think that you will find that your community does not want this. In fact the other polls about splitting up servers where overwhelmingly no.

nononononononononononononon 2 servers.
    This is my question. Will the peace server always have consentual PVP. I do not like consentual. It takes away from the suprise attack. This ruins PVP strategy.

A true pvp'er will love this concept, but what most games don't have these days are true pvp'ers they are out there, it's just that the whiney/troll/griefer/pk take up most of the space. A true PvP'er would love this concept and you can see by this thread which ones are the true pvp'ers vs the troll/griefer/pk.

A true pvp'er does it for the combat and thrill of competition, glory and honour, thrive on victory and a fair fight/equals. A troll/griefer/pk/whiner does it to gloat, spew leet speech about how uber leet 1337 godly they are, they thrive on suffering and creating misery and enjoy wrecking the game for others, sure they have a drive to win as well, but seldom go for a true test of pvp. Sadly you can combine the 2 as well which makes them even more annoying. I try not to name guilds (and I won't), but a certain guild that we all know and love would fit the bill for both of them, that is why no one likes you not because ppl don't believe you're good at pvp, it's that your damn annoying.

Given enough time every single person in this game could make their own stuff so there is no excuse of there will be no crafters, crafter your own shit, get off your ass and salvage some stuff. If Jooky does truly give us rein of both servers I will for sure be playing on both. I like the idea of seperating them, it could have merit down the road, or hell could just flop really bad.

As much as I like the idea I still think he should play it safe and just make two identical servers and be done with it.

This thread actually brings me great joy by looking at the pvp clans bitching and moaning, this is how a troll/griefer must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    never said im jumping ship, your great at putting words in my mouth. I NEVER wanted a war server as its present, maybe one with balanced war machanics but not "ok grab the nearest stick and hit people with it." even darkfall had safe(ish) zones.

Im not even a fan of splitting the server. I will play on peace server, theres more population, and at the moment is 2x more balanced than the war server.
    I apologise if I had the wrong impression of YOUR views, but in the wider context of this thread a lot of PvPers are already saying they'll play on the Peace server or they will ask for a refund. I'm sorry, but I just don't get that. Maybe it will become a ghost town, but my original incredulity was caused by the PvPers who are already giving up on the War server before it's even begun when it's in many cases (maybe not yours) exactly what they were asking for. The War server will also have some safe(ish) zones particularly if large tribes develop to provide the protection needed for crafters. We could end up with something like factions where tribes band together. I don't know.

Whatever the case, I'd like to give the War server a try and see how it develops. I'm just stunned by the players who (in my view) have completely reneged on their own demands for this game.

BTW nice post Boomer (I agree 100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    never said im jumping ship, your great at putting words in my mouth. I NEVER wanted a war server as its present, maybe one with balanced war machanics but not "ok grab the nearest stick and hit people with it." even darkfall had safe(ish) zones.

Im not even a fan of splitting the server. I will play on peace server, theres more population, and at the moment is 2x more balanced than the war server.
    Where did you get that war server won't have balanced mechanics, it will have the same mechanics as peace server. The difference is that war server will have war introduced sooner.

Consentual warfare might be implemented in many ways it doesn't have to be "/duel". It all depends on comunity as it always have.