• Item for Item Barter System?

46 51.69%
  • Don't care either way?

13 14.61%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Umm... which isn't?

Minting is not making money?
    Currency Treaty means something entirely different?
    These do not pertain to a Currency system?
    Or those are not very good ideas?
    minting is not a global standard way of doing things
    treaties on currency would do more than just agree on a value. it would set limits on inflation and what not.
    all these forums about one thing is old. there isnt going to be a global standard because theres no way for the game to run it right now unless npcs are added or we're forced to spend certain amounts on things sold by players.

"being able to mint money would be a good way of doing things, that and a barter system. make coins out of different materials, then stamp a logo of whatever on it. when your tribe does this they make a "special design" or a plate of the coin that you'll need if you want to make that currency, along with the required materials of course. this way you could get many tribes to agree on a chosen currency, if they wanted to, get a couple copies of the plates and give them to the other tribes. make a limit on the amount of plates of a specific currency you store in your mint at a time, making the plates more valuable, and not allow the plates be stored in banks or whatever. but just in case let the originals,the first tribe made, be stored anywhere.

if a tribe gets carried away with making coins you could go and destroy their mint and they lose their plates and thus cant over produce the currency anymore."

If you are taking resources to make currency then it is really similar to my idea. The main issue I see with this is programing it so that it can be used when only one party is present. Unless there is a way to designate how much of each tribes currency you'd be willing to accept and making it so that whenever a new tribe forms, their currency is automatically added into the database. It'd be more of a pain-in-the-ass to implement compared to my idea, while yielding similar results. Of course it'd add flavor, so there's points to that. The resources can't be finite though, and there would still need to be taxes to completely take some money out of the system. Not to mention I'd feel bad for people that have money of tribes that disbanded, but that wouldn't necessarily make the money worthless right then and there.

I'd still prefer it if each individual player had control over money coming and leaving the system instead of tribes, so that people that don't want to be in a tribe (yes, we do exist) don't have to be in order to trade and conduct business.

I dont agree with u having special places like NON PVP areas. Bad idea.

Originally Posted by mrcalhou

That ruins it's ability to be used for currency or to back currency. Can you please try reading my last two posts again?
    WRONG!!!
    How is that goin to ruin its ability to backup currency. ??? WHAT???

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I dont agree with u having special places like NON PVP areas. Bad idea.

WRONG!!!
    How is that goin to ruin its ability to backup currency. ??? WHAT???
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_st...#Disadvantages

I've already said how in some of my other posts. But there you go, probably another thing you won't bother to read. I don't have my textbook anymore since I already shipped it back off to Chegg, but that basically says the same thing that my textbook said.

Its not the same thing. The example is about this days economy.

I'm /facepalming so hard right now it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I'm /facepalming so hard right now it's not even funny.
    im feeling your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    im feeling your pain
    I just interpreted this comment in three different ways. O.o

do i want to know

Lol, I didn't know if you were /facepalming because of my post regarding your post, if you think I'm an idiot, or if you were agreeing with my reaction with respect to Joe's comments.