Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    It won't be PvE vs PvP server. It will be War server with FFA tribal war mechanic and Peace server with optional tribal war mechanic. This is the only main difference.
    Consensual vs Non-consensual is a pretty huge difference though. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    With the latest announcement that the only difference between the servers will be "prelude safe zones removed" that means pvpers on the PvE server can casually gank (which I intend on going this route). I like Dubanka's foresight on this issue; That someday down the road PvPers may be satisfied. But the grass is A LOT greener on the PvE server at the moment
    - Players that seek a world based on tribal warfare and conflict should choose the War server. That's the direction that server will evolve. Again, it will NOT be a Chaos free for all server. Players that want less danger and future consentual tribal PvP should choose the Peace server. The goal here is one of choices and balance.
    Which means Peace = /Duel

It won't be PvE vs PvP server. It will be War server with FFA tribal war mechanic and Peace server with optional tribal war mechanic. This is the only main difference.
    It depend on how community goes. It unlikely, but possible that it will go the other way aroud.
    The servers will be the same, but may evolve differently.

Xsyon Citizen
    Cheers for WAR server!! Woot!!

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Consensual vs Non-consensual is a pretty huge difference though. LOL
    yeah. it's like a duel. yippee.

there are no real politics behind consensual (ok, is your tribe ready war yet? no not yet. ok we'll wait. do you need me to help craft you some armor before we go to war? sure that would be great, big help thanks. all right here i come lets get ready to rummble! yippee! this is thrilling!) pvp/gvg

no betrayal.

no fear or desparation.

no risk.

i can only hope the majority pop goes to war, to leave the carebears to their sim craft.

CONSENSUAL WAR

TRIBE 1: You have plagued us long enough. Die by our hand.
    TRIBE 2: Ok, but could you wait till after supper. Meatloaf!!
    TRIBE 1: Eat in fear, whisper me when you get back. :*
    (30 minutes pass)
    TRIBE 2: hey, you guys ready?
    TRIBE 1: Oh hey, yes, we will march over your eastern hill in 5 minutes. We are in formation, it is so cool, wait till you see!
    TRIBE 2: bring it.
    (fighting ensues)
    TRIBE 1: Time out, Time out!!!
    TRIBE 2: ok, wut happened?
    TRIBE 1: we had a dude timeout and another guy forgot his axe, lol.
    TRIBE 2: LOL *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    yeah. it's like a duel. yippee.

there are no real politics behind consensual (ok, is your tribe ready war yet? no not yet. ok we'll wait. do you need me to help craft you some armor before we go to war? sure that would be great, big help thanks. all right here i come lets get ready to rummble! yippee! this is thrilling!) pvp/gvg

no betrayal.

no fear or desparation.

no risk.

i can only hope the majority pop goes to war, to leave the carebears to their sim craft.
    Agree 150%, no thank you for /Duel system's

- Players that seek a world based on tribal warfare and conflict should choose the War server. That's the direction that server will evolve. Again, it will NOT be a Chaos free for all server. Players that want less danger and future consentual tribal PvP should choose the Peace server. The goal here is one of choices and balance. - Xsyon

Sounds good to me. War server it is.

Better get that siege system in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    No they won't start off "the same" by virtue of the PLAYER DYNAMIC changing. This changes the whole game, if not in coded mechanics, in the PLAYER variable. Try to remember that this game is heavily reliant on the players themselves for content and evolution. I'm a good example. I have no idea which server I should go to now, because for me it wasn't as simple as PvE vs PvP. I think for Xsyon to work as originally envisioned, the two should be equally developed on the servers, and the players should not be split based on PvE vs PvP. This isn't WoW.

I'm not crying anyway. This won't be the first or last time I have seen game devs make a decision like this that could make or break the game. If it breaks, I leave and take my dollars with me. Nothing to cry over, but a bummer I suppose.
    Thats what people dont seem to be grasping. It is NOT strictly PvE and PvP servers. It is only one starts with safe zones, the other doesnt. Thats it, its not all that complex. Yes the servers may evolve somewhat differently based on what the players themselves do, but does it really matter? For the people who wanted the safe zones, absolutely nothing is changing for them if they stay on Peace. For those that didnt want safezones, now they can have their way too. Everyone wins.

I know there are concerns about the population being split, but come on people have you ever played an MMO before in your life? Xsyon is hardly the first game to have seperate servers focused more towards PvE and PvP crowds. The population might not be huge right now, but what, is everyone assuming/hoping that the pop will stay as it is and the game will wind up sucking and no ne wpeople will come? Im sure thats not the case, so why are so many concerned about exactly what the population is right now not being enough to be split between 2 servers?

IMO he made a very wise decision with the 2 servers not only fo rthe current players but also to add to the attractiveness of the game for future players. Now they have an option, rather than being forced into only 1 way and will be more likely to pick up the game. If things do evolve quite differently on the 2 servers, then even better. Think, we could have 1 server which is more of a peaceful utopian society, and 1 which is in a constant state of war & conflict. 2 completely different options/playstyles for new players to choose from down the road.

And if nothing else, would people please stop ignoring the fact that YOU CAN HAVE CHARACTERS ON BOTH SERVERS. If you want to play in peace while crafting & building you can on 1 character, then for some more fun go build a combat character on the other server. Tribes can do the same too. Nobody is forcing your tribe to stay on 1 server or the other. You can just have everyone create alt characters on the 2nd server and play completely differently if you like. Maybe on 1 server youre a helpful friendly tribe, then you log on your alts on th eother server and just wreak havoc everywhere. Id certainly prefer that over having to act/play the same way all the time. Mix it up a bit, stop being so narrow minded, and have some fun.

Sigh i had such hopes for this game....