Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    OK I have read the statment about this and now I REALLY think this is a bad idea.

And to be honest, I expect the griefer types to actively use the peaceful server to continue being azzhats.
    They won't last there long. CoC will be enforced. A player was banned for a week today for being an "azzhat".

This thread is priceless. This game used to have a decent community, but now we have a whole world worth of whiners.

I simply cannot understand the PvP guilds that have been asking for no safezones until they're blue in the face and now they are being offered exactly what they have asked for they are quite simply chickening out.

What is wrong with you people? Then I read this lame excuse about the number on the War servers will be less. For ages the PvPers have been arguing the game needs a War-type server, but now it appears you have no belief in your own wish. Also, if you're so sure that you're in the minority (and the War server will be empty) then how could you ever expect to inflict your playstyle on the less aggressive minority.

The last thing that makes my jaw drop is this apparent ability for some of you to think that every player is on one camp or another. Even my eight year old kid has learnt that the world is not simply black or white. I, for one consider myself primarily a crafter but I will start on the War server. You may not understand why... maybe it's to avoid all the hardcore PvPer who are now doing a runner to the peace server.

Can we start our own poll? I want to know where the majority of people will be going.

Splititng the servers, bad idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    people saying PvPers are pissed because they cant gank carebears is outright unintelligent. Thats like saying countries go to war just so they can slaughter civilians. PvPers wanted a world with some conflict. In a perfect world every tribe would have PvP bodyguards/armies so that everyone one could war everyone and have a decent fight. Maybe the weaker side would call on some allies to aid them creating neat world wars.
    Instead you have one server with no conflict where the crafters are, and one server will chaos far behind in technology with no crafters. Why would a crafter want to come to a server were they get ganked waiting for their basket to open, just to spawn at their totem and get ganked again.

No one is going back on what they said, we never wanted a chaos server, we wanted BALANCE. Ya know like if 2 tribes border eachother if gives both tribes a territory claim casus belli. Or if a tribe has been encroaching on your land if gives the victim a trespassing casus belli, Or if a tribe attacked your tribe member in the wild the victim gets an aggression casus belli. Hell if a tribemember farts in your general direction you can get a insult casus belli if you want.
    See that? Instant balance. Prevents warmongering tribes from going around wreaking everyone, while creating nice conflict. Victoria II and Europa Universalis have better war/peace balance than this game, and they are singleplayer games.
    THIS guy understand. We arnt Griefer's PvP and conflict make job's and roleplay for Merc's, Bodyguard's, Law system's ENFORCED by player's and patrol's, Tax's and rebelion's againt the law maker's of the time.

I mean that is all player driven content that is just getting burnt because the Trade Community camps will be the biggest and best on the Safer Consentual server.

- Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves.

THEY BOTH START WITH SAFEZONES

I do feel bad for Jordi, im sure hes on the brink of an emotional breakdown with all the stress we cause him.

Also to cracky if you read my post 3 posts up, its not what anyone wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    THEY BOTH START WITH SAFEZONES
    Peace Server will be Consentual PvP after Pre-lude (Tribe vs Tribe Rather)

and yet you still can die on Peace when you wander off of tribal land.....good I want the thrill of dieing when Im off scavanging

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    I do feel bad for Jordi, im sure hes on the brink of an emotional breakdown with all the stress we cause him.

Also to cracky if you read my post 3 posts up, its not what anyone wanted.
    The War server is exactly what you wanted. You just want crafters on it. If you have some faith in your on dream of how the game can be you might be surprised. As a crafter I would still rather play on the War server so stop jumping ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky69 View Post
    The War server is exactly what you wanted. You just want crafters on it. If you have some faith in your on dream of how the game can be you might be surprised. As a crafter I would still rather play on the War server so stop jumping ship.
    never said im jumping ship, your great at putting words in my mouth. I NEVER wanted a war server as its present, maybe one with balanced war machanics but not "ok grab the nearest stick and hit people with it." even darkfall had safe(ish) zones.

Im not even a fan of splitting the server. I will play on peace server, theres more population, and at the moment is 2x more balanced than the war server.