Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    What if I want to specialize in all skills and expect to have best results, like crafting best weapons, armor, tools? etc.....
    Why do I have to be restricted to limited skills?
    With the right tactic and the right tools I can be "EVERYTHING".

See Znailka the problem with that system is then you have people like me who do everything and then you are obsolete. Right now there is no need for anyone else in game to trade anything with anyone other than me. Or do it themselves.
    Tribes have no reason to do anything outside their tribes or interact with anyone because they can do it themselves or goto 1 person who can do everything the best.

Before you were talking about how they need to tone players like me down now you are saying just the other way around that you want everyone to be able to do anything. Doesnt make sense.

Also the problem is Znaiika is that if they make it so YOU can do everything, then everything in the game is going to be too easy for most people, because you play at a lower level than others. So they gear it down to a poor skill level so any player can do anything. That means the advanced or even slightly skilled players get bored and quit because its too easy for them.
    It would be like playing Skyrim on super easy mode, you kill monsters in 1 hit. You think it would be fun so you can see all the monsters and do all the magics and weapons, but really people just get bored after an hour and never play it again.

What most people want in an MMO, is to do things as a group, and be part of the whole. Making a name or a place for them.

Wang is saying, yes you can do everything its just not going to be of good quality, thus not really needed outside your own use. If you want to trade stuff outside your own use you will want to start to focus into being a master of a craft. Doing that will limit you down to only a few focus, instead of able to do everything.
    Why not able to have everyone do everything? Again because if you can do everything that means I can do everything, being that I'm a better player, or able to play more. You items and play wouldnt be wanted or needed. Plus players like me would get there a lot faster and other players will be like "Why am I working up this skill when everyone has it already?"

Unlike if you had to focus, I would need 30+ accounts just to do all these things.

Class based game does make you focused, but in class based games you CANT do anything else. If you are a warrior you cant choose later to cast magic. Not even a little. Plus you are forced down a line which you might not want.
    Wang is wanting people the option to choose just how they want to make a toon. You want to be a club using, tailor, with some scavenging. Great you can do that and do it well. What kinda class would that be called? Then also if you dont like that choice, you can change it later.

For this you need to restrict people from leveling Attributes whatever attributes they choose at creation that will determent their future specialties, otherwise everyone will be "everything" in time.
    So let me get this straight, you want people to be forced into what they can and cant do based on the first 5 seconds of the game? On top of that you also want to force people to be only good in a few things? But you dont want it how Wang says?

You should really make up your mind.

Major issue here with stats is they dont change much, and you pick them in the first 5 seconds of the game. So you want to be a good tailor, and you didnt pick the right stats guess what? You will never be a good tailor.

Xsyon Citizen
    MrDDT, If someone want to be a best tailor he would distribute points in to dexterity and intelligence up to a 90 and then rest of the additional points he would add as bonuses, then distribute all other points to the rest evenly, now you have your tailor at topnotch and still can do toolcraft, bonecraft, etc....

3. 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM

MrDDT, If someone want to be a best tailor he would distribute points in to dexterity and intelligence up to a 90 and then rest of the additional points he would add as bonuses, then distribute all other points to the rest evenly, now you have your tailor at topnotch and still can do toolcraft, bonecraft, etc....

Yep, sorta, plus they would have to know this without any info on the char page in the first 5 seconds of making else they would have to remake until they figured out how to do it right.

Bad systems are just bad. I dont know why you are defending it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yep, sorta, plus they would have to know this without any info on the char page in the first 5 seconds of making else they would have to remake until they figured out how to do it right.

Bad systems are just bad. I dont know why you are defending it.
    Xsyon offer game FAQ once you buy Xsyon, and I printed the whole thing out so I could navigate.
    This is my actual point about attributes and making H/Q items, player must choose at the start which attributes he need for his play style, and not being able to level the rest of attributes once in the game, just skills.

Xsyon offer game FAQ once you buy Xsyon, and I printed the whole thing out so I could navigate.
    This is my actual point about attributes and making H/Q items, player must choose at the start which attributes he need for his play style, and not being able to level the rest of attributes once in the game, just skills.
    Attributes improve with use of skills aswell, they plan to make attributes move up and down with use and disuse, just like with skills. Your character will improve depending on what you are doing in game, it wont be limited with what you picked at character creation.

Oh and this is going waaaaay off topic.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Attributes improve with use of skills aswell, they plan to make attributes move up and down with use and disuse, just like with skills. Your character will improve depending on what you are doing in game, it wont be limited with what you picked at character creation.

Oh and this is going waaaaay off topic.
    I see, thanks for heads-up, it will be still possible to keep all attributes and skill up all the way, just need to distribute time for all skills equally, and you can be everything anyway.

Back on topic.
    If animals were unable cross water then they would be very limited in where they can go, and basically you would get certain areas as hunting zones. What I would like to see is an animal loses aggro if you go into water, like losing your scent, then it would mosey off in another direction. I won't claim I am innocent of using water but I do try not to do it.
    Back off topic
    When skill/stat decay is all working properly, I am hoping we will see players go into a more specialized route with their characters. As for people who want to be able to do everything, those type of games are called 'RPG' and you should really look into them.

I see, thanks for heads-up, it will be still possible to keep all attributes and skill up all the way, just need to distribute time for all skills equally, and you can be everything anyway.
    No that was not what I was saying. Are you misunderstanding me intentionally? It will be softcapped, if you distribute time equally to all skills then all skills will be at the same level, how high skills you can have we dont know, but the devs have stated that they WANT people to specialize, so you will definately not be able to keep up ALL skills and attributes.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    No that was not what I was saying. Are you misunderstanding me intentionally? It will be softcapped, if you distribute time equally to all skills then all skills will be at the same level, how high skills you can have we dont know, but the devs have stated that they WANT people to specialize, so you will definately not be able to keep up ALL skills and attributes.
    I see, I wonder though, at what level soft cap would be? so people don't rage quit for loosing attributes and skills, and relearning should be much faster after you leveled a skill and attribute.

@Azurfale.
    Yep, that is what I suggest, when player enter a water animal stop chasing but they could still cross waters and mind their own business.

Agro (hate) and Agro Range

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfale View Post
    What I would like to see is an animal loses aggro if you go into water, like losing your scent, then it would mosey off in another direction.
    I would like to see an agro adjustment for water, but NOT a safe zone. For instance have agro Range and agro Hate drop by something like 50% or so if you are standing or swimming in water. This would allow you to use water strategically while traveling or hunting. Add to that a working "Hide" skill and that would drop agro range and hate even more allowing you a chance to move past creatures you think you can't kill or don't want to bother with. However if YOU attack the animal first then agro is 100% and you either win or lose the fight. But to make it a safe zone will just take the adventure out of adventuring.
    Traveling and hunting smart = adventuring, Safe = boring and no challenge.

Again I am NOT scared in this game and I want to be.

Off topic (Since that seems to be the current trend here LOL)
    I would also like to see Night time darker and a need for torches while traveling. Night time travel should be the scariest!!! I have to look at map time or the sky to tell if it is night time or just cloudy.
    "Oh look, there are stars, it must be night time"