Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    How about 2-4 weeks, and then remove safe zones from the game?

Could everyone live with that?

1. Do the devs have a system set up and ready to try? If not, do you expect them to figure everything out and have it ready in two weeks? What invigorating substances will you be providing them?

If #1 isn't an issue:

2. Can you ask everyone that again in 2-4 weeks? How the heck should most of us even know the answer?

3. Even if every last one of us who started playing over the weekend is eager to bash each other's virtual heads in with virtual shovels in two to four weeks just for something different to do, are new players just coming into the game going to be ready for it? Will there be no safe place for them ever, right from their first moment in game?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    1. Do the devs have a system set up and ready to try? If not, do you expect them to figure everything out and have it ready in two weeks? What invigorating substances will you be providing them?

If #1 isn't an issue:

2. Can you ask everyone that again in 2-4 weeks? How the heck should most of us even know the answer?

3. Even if every last one of us who started playing over the weekend is eager to bash each other's virtual heads in with virtual shovels in two to four weeks just for something different to do, are new players just coming into the game going to be ready for it? Will there be no safe place for them ever, right from their first moment in game?
    Then give them a separate server to play on like I originally suggested.

This game is not that complicated man. 2-4 weeks is plenty of time to figure it out if your serious about playing it.

Then give them a freaking server to play on.

I can't win here...
    lol
    I was never arguing with you about a FFA pvp server. I think you should poll it and keep the 'what if' 'but' and 'no I'd rather see this instead' crowd out of the thread by a simple yes vote, just so everyone can see how many players want a server with a harsher pvp ruleset ASAP.

Let's be honest, the system isn't in place. Plain and simple.

It's not. Even if it was, it hasn't been be tested in the least. I love PvP. I played UO, Darkfall, Eve for over 2 years 100% in a low-sec pirate corp, etc, etc.

If any of these suggestions for a 2 server system or 3-4 week rush to end Prelude happens, there is going to be a mass exodus of this game (which is not what this game needs right now). I can could see 30+ tribes crumble overnight as only 5 are logged on while everyone else is sleeping and crafting or terraforming. Along comes 6 guys fully set for PvP bum-rushes the crafters and then just loots and destroys everything.

Yeah, right idea! What, wait, no, well there is this system that protects them in this case. Ok what about X, no, no Y is in place too...etc, etc. See how suddenly you mess up 100% of the devs time "fixing" this system and we have no actual development of the game. Let's be honest, this game isn't finished in the least.

How about you give them the 6 months to FINISH this game before doing a major overhaul in what isn't even implemented yet.

If people are so eager to play these FFA games, why aren't they just playing Eve? Darkfall? Perpetuum?

End Prelude early argument = dead, horse, beat.

How is the PvP crowd not satisfied with the rule set right now? It makes PvE'rs still want to be in the game, you still get to full loot and kill virtually anywhere.. If you drive the pve'rs out as someone said earlier, It turns into a naked gank fest. I think so far this is a great compromise between both parties and I hope it continues down this path.

I hear ya sion. No one is going to play an unfinished game for 6 months though man - at least not enough to consider and construct it into a healthly sandbox.

If we could at least get the safe zone pvp flag turned off (in say 2-4 weeks after a succesfull launch), that in itself would motivate enough of us to stick around for 6 months. We don't need tribe war or asset destruction, I realize that will take time and careful planning. PvP in the save zones just gives some meaning to the construction and terraforming we will be grinding. There has to be a reason to do it. And it cannot be a 6 month process - that's just too long, there is not enough content outside of that.

This is correct. The game/engine cannot add more land/territory, at least that is what Xsyon told us. That's a core difference from the EvE world.
    Where if anywhere did you read this? As far as I've heard the plan has /always/ been to expand to 10 times the land area eventually, as advertised on the homepage.

Why not reverse things? Keep the safe zones, but as soon as possible, let the tribes who want war be able to go to war with other tribes who want war, and of course make the evils attackable anywhere, any time, with juicy bounties on their heads? Why accelerate the removal of the one place in the entire game I can go to when I'm tired of looking over my shoulder (a pretty small place, too, as I'm a Homesteader)? You say you're worried you won't want to stick around for six months if you can't come after me and what I've built whenever you get the urge? Okay, and this might provide meaning and entertainment for you, but why would I want to rebuild everything every few days because of you? Where is the fun or meaning in rebuilding the same structures over and over again?

I hear ya sion. No one is going to play an unfinished game for 6 months though man - at least not enough to consider and construct it into a healthly sandbox.
    My problem is you seem to be driving what YOU want and not whats best for the game or the community. I think a very small % of players actually want a FFA PvP no rules server. Its clear you want this to be the next reincarnation of DF.

I hate Darkfall. It's a seamless quake arena. I played it for 6 months. Everything you fight over is static.

Fact is, there are a LOT of PvP'ers looking at this game right now (not teen age PKer's - PvP'ers who enjoy politics, crafting and good PvP end game content). Enough to support the game for a good year. And trust me when I say that.

However, most of which will not play Xsyon if you make them grind a sims city builder for 6 months.