Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    no Ive replied to each one with an example..maybe you just missed them in the flury of posts.

the mobile safezones.. what tribes going to build a huge village..to ditch it and start from scratch because they are a little too far from junk in thier ring?
    the risk vs reward...I gave 2 examples..an ingame, and in life example of how the logic is flawed.

and how do you get more PvE people that fight back? wouldnt that just mean they are PvP? as they are wanting to fight? then where does that leave the PvE people that dont? just a version of the ones that need to hurry up and get with the PvP?
    they clearly stated they wanted to keep mobil safezones as an option. what dont you understand about that. if its an option it will be abused.

the only flawed logic is the logic you are using in thinking that such a system wont be abused. you know people already have multiple account, you know large tribes will have sub tribes in safezones that can be mobil to support them. you know small tribes with safezones will be able to deplete resources and there will be no recourse.

lets hear some more of this wonderful logic of yours please....i didnt reply because your just trolling, since your missing the obvious here

this might be your first mmorpg, but its not my first, i know all the tricks large guilds use to gain the upperhand, abusing safezones will be the first one they abuse. it will come at the expense of the small tribes that its suppose to protect, all while creating an imbalance of crafters to combat.

gonna suck when you find out that a large tribe has mobil safezoned a terraform wall around their main camp, causing a choke point in which youll have to pass though their small sub tribes safezone inorder to attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    it's in the update section
    Thanks! That's the post I was looking for. It confirms what I said and confirms the Virtus post: safe zones will not be turned off. Areas/servers without safe zones may be created. But safe zones (as of now) will not get turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    What's to keep a solo player from doing the mobile homestead thing? They strip mine out an area, and trade all the goods off to a friend or an alt in a large tribe. They then move on to deplete the next area's resources entirely.
    They can if they want. Alts only help the games revenue since you can't have but one char per account. The key word their is "trade". The player is indeed giving back to the players what he had. Also the player will need to spend a LOT of time in that area. It's not like he's changing paces every 5 hours. Maybe every week, but he can not trade everything. The more you move, the larger the chance that you will be confronted by an unfortunate turn of events that strips you of the tools you had on you. Regardless if you're moving or not, you can't steal all of the resources without tools or a bin. You can destroy junk piles and toss out all of the goods, but eventually that will just accumulate back into the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    they clearly stated they wanted to keep mobil safezones as an option. what dont you understand about that. if its an option it will be abused.
    it will be abused by PvP too..dont try to play it off as only the PvE will do it.
    PvP has more advatages to doing so...a mobile safespot to stalk a given tribe from..and move as needed as he finds new targets.

why not lock totems in place for a week at a time then? instead of removing the safezone for now?
    or is it really you more want no safezones, and using the mobile aspest as an unrelated argument to prove your reasoning.

If it is abused, there will most likely be a change to the system, like a limit to how often a totem can be moved...

Quote Originally Posted by Yokilla View Post
    Thanks! That's the post I was looking for. It confirms what I said and confirms the Virtus post: safe zones will not be turned off. Areas/servers without safe zones may be created. But safe zones (as of now) will not get turned off.
    you miss the part that said "AT FIRST THERE WILL BE SAFE ZONES, but he is considering allowing tribes to opt out earlier" the plan that has always been said was after prelude was over there wouldn't be safe zones. of course that plan can be changed but i have not heard the devs say differently yet. People are just misinterpreting what has been said recently just as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    They can if they want. The key word their is "trade". The player is indeed giving back to the players what he had. Also the player will need to spend a LOT of time in that area. It's not like he's changing paces every 5 hours. Maybe every week, but he can not trade everything. The more you move, the larger the chance that you will be confronted by an unfortunate turn of events that strips you of the tools you had on you. Regardless if you're moving or not, you can't steal all of the resources without tools or a bin. You can destroy junk piles and toss out all of the goods, but eventually that will just accumulate back into the pile.
    The key word is "trade without risk" Why should they be able to trade in complete safety when others can't.

The key word is "trade without risk" Why should they be able to trade in complete safety when others can't.
    whats stopping you from trading safely? you refuse to use the same mechanic as they are by trading in a tribal area?

the only flawed logic is the logic you are using in thinking that such a system wont be abused. you know people already have multiple account, you know large tribes will have sub tribes in safezones that can be mobil to support them. you know small tribes with safezones will be able to deplete resources and there will be no recourse.

lets hear some more of this wonderful logic of yours please....i didnt reply because your just trolling, since your missing the obvious here

this might be your first mmorpg, but its not my first, i know all the tricks large guilds use to gain the upperhand, abusing safezones will be the first one they abuse. it will come at the expense of the small tribes that its suppose to protect, all while creating an imbalance of crafters to combat.

gonna suck when you find out that a large tribe has mobil safezoned a terraform wall around their main camp, causing a choke point in which youll have to pass though their small sub tribes safezone inorder to attack them.
    in case you missed it warlock, im waiting for your logic applied here

What's to keep a solo player from doing the mobile homestead thing? They strip mine out an area, and trade all the goods off to a friend or an alt in a large tribe. They then move on to deplete the next area's resources entirely.
    Are you aware of comfort feature, are you aware that items has to be transported you can't (fast)trade between tribes and you can be looted while transporting.

Are you ALL aware that WAR system isn't in game yet and open PvP is supposed to be a minor feature. Go and read some of the old posts if you're bored and stop QQ'ing.

Jooky won't change his vision becouse of your whining.