Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've adjusted the launch date to March 1st. I can't push it any farther than that.

The launch of Earthrise or other games have nothing to do with our push to launch (I wasn't even aware of Earthrise's launch date).

There are too many players waiting for the final wipe and we can't continue endlessly at our current pace. One of the primary honest reasons is my health. I can't continue working 20 hour days seven days a week. We need to wrap up the current features, get players active and expand the team to make Xsyon the game that we all want it to be.

This gives us 2 solid months to focus on features. This may not seem like much given the delays over this past year, but to put things in context, since last March we've spent less than 2 months on feature work. The bulk of our work this year has been major revisions to the server and launcher, optimization of the client and fixing many problems that were left behind by our original programmers that are no longer with the team.

So, this will be the final push and I appreciate all of your support!

As long as there will be agriculture (growing crops and raising livestock) and a combat system similar to Mount&Blade, I'm good. I really don't mind waiting, I'd actually prefer it.

one word , Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    @jefferysauto:
    I'm sure the release date has nothing to do with Earthrise. There are so few information about Earthrise, only 1 video, and you are the first person I know who is in beta. If you check the Earthrise forum there are the same type of comments there, people are begging the devs not to release that game by 4th of February.

My guess is that the release date is set now for financial purposes. A small indie company can't pay for developers for an unlimited amount of time....they run out of money. So what if the question is this: release in February, or never. If thats the case I vote for release now, even in an incomplete and unpolished state, otherwise we will never see this game launched. At least let's give it a chance to survive, and let's hope it will get enough players who enjoy it enough to keep it afloat till the devs can add more content and polish.
    People are only acting that way because they seen a video... IF I went off demo's or videos off games for the past 20yrs I would of never played more than half the games I play or played. Those people have no idea what the game is like in beta here we do, I know what is going on in both beta's I know for 100% fact Earthrise is way more close from being done than xyson and has a ton more features working.

Is ER perfect nope, no mmo is did I want xyson released yes last year, I knew this would happen having xyson release this year when like 5 other games are releasing, he may have not released it based on ER but I find that a bit odd that he is releasing 12 days after.

If the game was done I would of understand releasing the game but it's not done. not even close.

@Xyson I understand this is taking a toll on you I can imgine I ran a company for yrs with only me and 2 others I did all the work , and it was physical and mental, I give you alot of credit for what you are doing with xyson, but as I said, I just don't want another game in the toliet and i'm sick if indies giving the indie name a bad name thats what i'm complaining something I rarely do.

Now MO I never posted on there forums hardly , COG hardly, so this is more or less because I want this game to do well, and it seem like your giving up was all. or releasing early because of ER, if thats not the case so be it.

I hope we have a great future in Xyson I really do. Only time will tell..

Now I'm bummed...Nevermind the rest of what I had typed.....removed it

if you're going to pospone it yet again...FOR GOD'S SAKE...give us F'n rock removal and destruction while we wait!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Now I'm bummed...Nevermind the rest of what I had typed.....removed it

if you're going to pospone it yet again...FOR GOD'S SAKE...give us F'n rock removal and destruction while we wait!!!!!!
    I agree 1000% on this.

You can't make everyone happy.

Well...if the squeeky wheels are getting the grease, then here comes my squeeking. In othere words, while everyone is getting in their gripes in, I'm gonna too.

Back to the topic of character size...

Reach is not the only factor that should matter in character size. Total strength, as well as ability to abosrb damage. TINY people are less effective when taking a hit from a large guy...face it...the large guy is stronger if similar lifestyles are followed. Big guys have more mass....it's science....

If we're not gonna make it a real difference, then eveyone will be choosing midget toons....Guess I should go play Earthrise if size isnt gonna matter?

Size (mass) does already matter. The problem right now with combat as I mentioned before is that there is something wrong with the final targetting or calcuations.

There are many factors in the combat functions but for some reason the final blow is not right. I just haven't had the time to sit down and do a full review of this (and I got rid of the last programmer who was assigned to this).

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Well...if the squeeky wheels are getting the grease, then here comes my squeeking. In othere words, while everyone is getting in their gripes in, I'm gonna too.

Back to the topic of character size...

Reach is not the only factor that should matter in character size. Total strength, as well as ability to abosrb damage. TINY people are less effective when taking a hit from a large guy...face it...the large guy is stronger if similar lifestyles are followed. Big guys have more mass....it's science....

If we're not gonna make it a real difference, then eveyone will be choosing midget toons....Guess I should go play Earthrise if size isnt gonna matter?
    I don't know where you learned your science from, but shove a blade into someone and I don't care how big they are, it's going to hurt. But let's put something into perspective: I'm 6'3" and about 300Lbs while my cousin is about 5'8" and 200lbs. He can still push me all over the place despite my much larger size, and yes we're both lazy. Also, it's not necessarily true that big guys have more mass. More volume certainly; however, muscle is much more dense than fat. A smaller, but muscular, person can possibly have a greater mass than someone larger, but fatter.