Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    why should there actually be more risk for a pve crafter? There is little risk because there really is little risk. If you're going around in the wilds looking for fights there is more risk, obviously.

Why should an artificial risk to quietly staying at home be created?

Join the army = increased risk.
    Get involved in street fights = increased risk
    Stay at home and make baskets = low risk

its the way it should be!
    i think its more he enjoys PvP, but lothes it for the exact reason he enjoys it..
    the risk (him dying and loosing it all) vs reward (the other guy dies and looses it all) are 2 sides of the same coin. but he prefers to only see one side as being moderataly good gain, and the other a huge devestating loss.

and crafters are a different breed than the action packed, high risk vs high reward path he chooses (which is what that path is about to start with) he prefers that others also have that same 'balance"

by contrast, say I do day trading and risk my entire nestegg on turning a profit...I demand that any other jobtype, also go into the workplace with the ability to loose thier entire savings in the course of a normal work day...as its the only way to balance people into the same risk/reward ratio I choose to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    I guess at the heart of this issue is a sandbox where the game rules, not the player rules, are dictating the paths that players will choose. This is why we see so few combat characters and everyone is a friendly crafter. Not exactly a dangerous post apocalypic world with tribal warfare over resources now is it....
    Wait until the game goes live. I'm sure you'll get your fill of PvP when ever you desire it. Give it some time bro. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    If YOU will visit the dangerous areas, you can expect MANY other people will. Not everyone, but many. Not necessarily most, but many. I definitely would in time.
    Thats not what im seeing in game...totems placed on top of junk piles so they dont have to leave the safe zones, people scavanging and foraging within 5 second sprint of the safe zones. Once the resources run out they can move the safe zones to a better spot. its all quite ridiculous. there is no risk involved with crafting currently, the only risk resides in the combat characters, but since there are so few, its just as boring as weaving baskets at your totem.

really crafters NEVER have to leave their tribal area. They can just offer quests to get all the materials they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Reduce the amount of xp that crafters gain from crafting. It would force them to leave the tribal boundaries to hunt and level up.
    or..reduce xp gained from combat and force pvpers to sit in tribe lands and craft?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    I'd like to give crafters a reward for killing those that see them as easy prey.

I'm thinking the ability to put their wannabe assailants in crafted stocks for a time period, so their tribe and passersby can laugh and throw rotten eggs at them for being beaten. It could be based on the difference in a combat skill, so losing to a crafter type has a penalty for the self proclaimed baddies.
    Yes! But let solo players build the stocks and bring defeated miscreants to a nearby, receptive friendly tribe. We could drag them to the nearby tribe in crafted chains, for a more realistic feel, and to give the prisoner's friends a chance to rescue their defeated pal.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    or..reduce xp gained from combat and force pvpers to sit in tribe lands and craft?
    Or link the game to the forums and you lose XP for trolling.

you seem to be missing the entire "risk vs reward" aspect of it..combat high risk, high reward...
    you risk all you own, to gain all he owns in a 30 second battle. you can get full set of tools, armor, weapons..etc

crafter..low risk, low reward..in the time it took you to suddenly gain an entire weapon and armor set killing someone, I gathered 1/4 of the cloth I need to make a pair of shoes..

Ive thought about that, not much stopping them from abandoning their totem, logging off for the cooldown, returning to place their totem in a new location.
    I don't think this will happen, land is going to be a valuable commdity. You disband and you won't have another place to put a totem down.

I guess at the heart of this issue is a sandbox where the game rules, not the player rules, are dictating the paths that players will choose. This is why we see so few combat characters and everyone is a friendly crafter. Not exactly a dangerous post apocalypic world with tribal warfare over resources now is it....
    its really not.

at this time this really isnt a pvp game, yeah its got pvp in it, yeah its full loot even though all the loot you can get from pvp you can get literally by bending over and picking it up from the ground but when it comes to pvp games this really isnt the game guys. It might be later I dont know. I personally dont care, I come from Darkfall and if I want pvp I can get all I can possibly stand so I dont need a pvp fix anymore (barely ever need it to be honest but it is fun during warfare).

so really guys, lets get back to talking about stuff like building canoes and the ablity to deficate in the forest and leave the pvp talk for real pvp games...seriously