Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So... Macroing

I've only watched the videos so far (haven't had a chance to log in yet because of the patching... had to leave for work before it was done), but I already see a MOTHERLOAD of things that you can macro in Xsyon. Don't be naive people, this game will be macroed, mark my words, unless people get perma banned for macroing. Having safe zones will further encourage and provide incentives to macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've played a game which was fighting macroing by random events. Like if you fished for like 10-20 minutes a troll came out of the water and attacked you. Low level players had to run from it, high levels could easily killed it but if someone was afk the troll killed him in no time. In that game you dropped everything but 3 best items even in PVE death, so dieing for a river troll wasn't nice at all. Combine this with permanent stat/skill loss if dieing for a random event and you made macroing much harder.
    Runescape ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Runescape ftw
    Wasn't it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Wasn't it fun
    I spent way too many hours in that game, Im amazed Im still married, lol. That was my first MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    I spent way too many hours in that game, Im amazed Im still married, lol. That was my first MMO.
    Heheh. It definitely had a bad effect on relationships Was my first MMO too... sweet old times

Quote Originally Posted by sudo View Post
    That means that it's already technically doable.
    Of course it is..
    All you'd need is a mouse clicker.. But where is the fun in that ?.. You haven't achieved anything.. And you certainly won't get an endorphine kick.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    But where is the fun in that
    Sadly, as Darkfall proves, there is a very big percentage of players who don't agree with us on this one.

I don't think that there is a 100% cure from macroers. The only known solution is harsh punishment as soon as possible. It's gonna be quite hard and time-consuming to find those cheaters due to a tiny development team, though.

Macroing is like a virus, the more players keep doing it unpunished, the more "healthy" players will join them in their sickened wrong ways of playing.

Lets all pray to yet unrevealed to us Xsyon gods that cheaters and macroers will get their punishment soon and harsh

It would be nice to have some info on macro'ing, like whats the punishment, is there skill cap to daily gains, is attended macro'ing allowed, just basic info.

I'm in favour of a max skill/stat gain in a day based on an average users gaming time, this would help in some part to stop those who are planning to macro out of the gates, while devs are still working hard on other aspects of the game. Theres nothing worse than facing someone whose already maxed out some skills, while i'm still pulling my socks up, despite playing actively for the same amount of time.

When i read things like
    That means that it's already technically doable.
    It remind me of old ladies who never played a PC game talking about not allowing computer games. Macroing simulates a Button hit, that is nothing that you couldn't do. You can't forbid attended macroing seriously use your brain because that would also mean you have to forbid pressing a key. CHEATING is doing things that are not possible within the game mechanics, flying around, auto aim, wall hack and what not.
    If this game is well balanced a macroed person will have a maxxed char after 2-3 weeks and a "played" char after 2 month. Darkfall was not ruined by macroes but by crazy amount of time that you need to get everything you have to use and without some sort of character diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    It would be nice to have some info on macro'ing, like whats the punishment, is there skill cap to daily gains, is attended macro'ing allowed, just basic info.
    From speaking to support, it was made clear that no software of any kind that can offer any advantage was allowed under any circumstances. They TOS was also quoted stating the same.

Any questions seem to be answered quickly from the submission on the FAQ page, been a great help and peace of mind for me