Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. The lack of knowledge of the current MMO market.
    I've seen a lot of players who loves open world PvP. I have seen much more who hates it. But who likes such a mixed up system that Xsyon has ?
    You can attack anyone but its very easy to flee from an attack, so its basically optional PvP. There is full loot but only for 30 seconds. The system clearly caters to the ones who don't like forced PvP, since its really easy to avoid it. But these players won't come to the game because they stopped reading at 'open PvP' and won't buy the game. The ones who likes forced PvP will come, but when they see the limitations they didn't expect from an open PvP game (since they stopped reading at 'open PvP' as well) they leave after 2 weeks, angry and frustrated. They get mad when their victim can escape easily and even if they managed to kill him they have only 30 seconds to loot him.
    So I don't see what kind of playerbase the developers try to aim at. Make it clear and you will get more players.

2. The uncertain future of the game.
    The devs said they want to evolve the game with the community. This sounds nice in theory but not se nice in real. How do you mean this ? Are you going to make a poll every time before implementing a feature ? Or are you going to listen to the opinion of the 20 active forum posters ?
    The community hasn't got an opinion. Players have, and everyone has a different one lol. We can only agree in disagreeing.
    You can't expect customers to put time, money and effort into a game when the future of the game is so vague. Jordi, its your game, you have to decide what you want it to be.
    Announce it and the players who likes the features will come. But don't try to attract players without letting them know what they can expect in the future.

what bothers me is another thread like this, how many different threads with different names have the same beef, we all know the game is currently boring to most ppl and it's got a lot of bugs, and we've all seen the threads of what would you like to see in game. I'm suprised this thread didn't get closed already. Harping over the same stuff with different thread names will yield the excat same results the first thread did, nothing. They are working on it, and it'll be done when it's done another "xyson is broken" thread will not speed this up.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    what bothers me is another thread like this, how many different threads with different names have the same beef, we all know the game is currently boring to most ppl and it's got a lot of bugs, and we've all seen the threads of what would you like to see in game. I'm suprised this thread didn't get closed already. Harping over the same stuff with different thread names will yield the excat same results the first thread did, nothing. They are working on it, and it'll be done when it's done another "xyson is broken" thread will not speed this up.
    how clever.

uhh what's bother me is people that make posts like this...man you people are the problem...you should should just leave already.

I posted this in response to Jordi's post on 4/29 as a single place for the those of us active forum trollers to post, succintly, and hopefully constructively, their current issues.

Let us know what is bothering you in a constructive manner and we can respond better to what is critical for both the game and the community. We all want the same thing here, so I appreciate all of your feedback and assistance in letting things happen and making things happen! Let's all make Xsyon a great game and community!
    So if have somethin constructive to add, please, by all means do so. Otherwise get the f^^k out of my thread.

xoxo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    1. The lack of knowledge of the current MMO market.
    I've seen a lot of players who loves open world PvP. I have seen much more who hates it. But who likes such a mixed up system that Xsyon has ?
    You can attack anyone but its very easy to flee from an attack, so its basically optional PvP. There is full loot but only for 30 seconds. The system clearly caters to the ones who don't like forced PvP, since its really easy to avoid it. But these players won't come to the game because they stopped reading at 'open PvP' and won't buy the game. The ones who likes forced PvP will come, but when they see the limitations they didn't expect from an open PvP game (since they stopped reading at 'open PvP' as well) they leave after 2 weeks, angry and frustrated. They get mad when their victim can escape easily and even if they managed to kill him they have only 30 seconds to loot him.
    So I don't see what kind of playerbase the developers try to aim at. Make it clear and you will get more players.

2. The uncertain future of the game.
    The devs said they want to evolve the game with the community. This sounds nice in theory but not se nice in real. How do you mean this ? Are you going to make a poll every time before implementing a feature ? Or are you going to listen to the opinion of the 20 active forum posters ?
    The community hasn't got an opinion. Players have, and everyone has a different one lol. We can only agree in disagreeing.
    You can't expect customers to put time, money and effort into a game when the future of the game is so vague. Jordi, its your game, you have to decide what you want it to be.
    Announce it and the players who likes the features will come. But don't try to attract players without letting them know what they can expect in the future.

Funny is how your second paragraph conflicts with your first.
    You crying about "Open PVP" change it, yet you then saying "Announce it and the players who likes the features will come".

I agree with the second not the first.

Jordi should stay true to his ideas. Use the players to bounce, test, and help with ideas that work with what he wants.
    If he wants no pvp. Then fine. But if you want something else you have to have a good system in place to support it.
    Im not going to sit here and say "Everyone wants this, or that", nor will you see me saying "Everyone is going to quit if you dont do X"

But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea. That doesnt mean making FULL LOOT no hold bars, no safe areas, no protections etc is going to work for open PVP.
    You need a system in place that has checks and balances. Some games do it well others dont. Even Darkfall is starting to get the idea much better, and oddly its seeing more people playing it. (I think its more than one reason).

Its people like you tossing out "Im going to quit if I dont get my way, and so are most" is where you dont get a good debate. You cant back your points with anything other than "We will quit if we dont get our way".

Dont forget this is Jordi's baby. He knows what he wants out of the game, and I dont think its just tons of people playing a game. I think its a lot more than that. He has ideas that are not even close to coming out due to all the issues the game has been having.
    Im sure he wants people to play, but I dont think he is expecting to pull millions of people. He is looking for the people that want to play a game the way he wants it made. Jordi doesnt have all the ideas or fixes for every problem. Which is why sometimes its up to players to help him on his road.
    But telling him to change or you will quit, isnt helpful.

After having talked about it, I like his new system with 1 major flaw, protecting anywhere/anytime type of tribes. Ive said it before. Limit the areas with limited resources will please both PVPers, and PVEers, and protect new players.
    Of course you wont make everyone happy. I doubt there is ANY choice for that. If you can think of one please tell. Ive yet to see it.

@MrDDT: I think you didn't read my post. I didn't cry about open PvP, and didn't say to change it. I didn't say I would quit, didn't say others would.
    "But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea." This is exactly what I said as well. Lol.
    The first paragraph is about that I don't know who the game is aiming at. You don't agree with what ?

Actually I remember you saying you would quit if he implements the warring-non warring tribe idea.

But this thread is not about you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Its about everyone's personal concerns about the game, and my main one is that the game isn't positioned well on the MMO market.

But this thread is not about you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Its about everyone's personal concerns about the game, and my main one is that the game isn't positioned well on the MMO market.
    i agree with you 100%.
    you can't be a gazelle and a leopard at the same time.

pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i agree with you 100%.

pick one.
    I agree, as well. The big problem is that some players will leave which ever choice he makes. I think Xsyon should focus on what makes it different from the other MMOs out there - crafting and building. If you change it to appease the PvPers (and I LIKE PvP. Don't get me wrong), you will lose what makes this game special.

I think PvP should be a low development priority until the other elements are working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i agree with you 100%.

pick one.
    Yup, this is what I tried to explain. Thanks, Dub, you worded it well

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    I agree, as well. The big problem is that some players will leave which ever choice he makes. I think Xsyon should focus on what makes it different from the other MMOs out there - crafting and building. If you change it to appease the PvPers (and I LIKE PvP. Don't get me wrong), you will lose what makes this game special.

I think PvP should be a low development priority until the other elements are working well.
    i see what you did there.

not the point of the thread. start your own

He does however have a point, look at how popular Minecraft is and that is a game that pretty much caters to builders.

That said I personally I think Xsyon actually has the balance pretty much ok though it does need a decent Karma/Alignment system.

One that has rewards in terms of the non-pvp aspects of the game for 'Good' Tribes but limits their pvp options (but not abilities). Likewise penalizes 'Evil' tribes non-pvp aspects but offers the greatest pvp options.

Bonus/Penalities would be along the line of - Crop Production, Higher/lower bonus to QL of goods (+10/-10 QL), Reduced/Increased building Mats for structures.

Good Tribes/Players could only do quests/missions/trade routes with Good or Neutrals, Evil with Evil and Neutrals, and Neutrals with anyone.

Improving your Karma should also be harder than Decreasign it (This is to avoid certain types of game mechanic exploits)

Both Players and Tribes would have Karma as well. Evil Players can't join Good Tribes and Vice Versa. Though a Neutral tribe could have players of all three alignments in it.

Your personal Karma is changed through your actions in game and isn't a 'setting'