Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    It's a solution. Another solution would be to make everyone, right from the beginning, able to craft simple starter tools. Take a stick and go fish. Congratulations, now you have means not to starve. Collect a few sticks and stone and make yourself an axe. With this axe, you can now chop down trees to build small items. This would give you the slightest indication on what to do after character creation and get the newcomer excited about crafting and learning more.

Currently, you're forced to either creating a character you might not want or to a forced play-style. I don't mind that soloing is made hard and whatsoever, but these are starter tools were talking about. Why are they made so complicated?
    I like the idea of being able to craft starter tools with no tools. It not about just wanting to play solo its about the game being interesting from jump street for a newb. So they can play a bit and then decide they are better off joining a tribe forcing people to do things is never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Even if people aren't rerolling to get tools they will reroll to get the random recipe that they want. Why would I want to wait till lvl 50 to get Daogwa assault armor on my basket weaver when i can reroll a couple times and get the recipe at the beginning?
    because its cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    It's a solution. Another solution would be to make everyone, right from the beginning, able to craft simple starter tools. Take a stick and go fish. Congratulations, now you have means not to starve. Collect a few sticks and stone and make yourself an axe. With this axe, you can now chop down trees to build small items. This would give you the slightest indication on what to do after character creation and get the newcomer excited about crafting and learning more.

Currently, you're forced to either creating a character you might not want or to a forced play-style. I don't mind that soloing is made hard and whatsoever, but these are starter tools were talking about. Why are they made so complicated?
    good idea

Why is it cheating? That's your opinion. Rerolling my character to turn out how I want him is in no way cheating. I have every right to reroll as many times as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    However the starter tools are of poor quality and will break easily. Thus they will make poor quality tools that aren't of much use.
    its not cheating.

anyway i could just steal the very same tools from new characters spawning...is that cheating?

meh who cares, not like we can play anyway

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    its not cheating.

anyway i could just steal the very same tools from new characters spawning...is that cheating?

meh who cares, not like we can play anyway
    According to the carebears taking their tools is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenose View Post
    Hey devs.
    I guess that most players already know this cheat and some use it. However I wanted to make sure that this is dealt with.
    Since starter tools are not bound to your character, you can make a specialized crafter, log him into game, drop his bag somewhere with permission set to everyone, erase him, make another crafter with different tools. Rinse, untill u cycle all the crafter and voila u have a player with all the starter tools.

Love the game btw (when its not broken)
    lol, this was the only way to get things for a while in beta.

According to the carebears taking their tools is cheating.
    According to the whispers i get from them.....im a fucking douchebag punk kid...a loser in life....and mommys out of the house so i can now pk people...at least according to them in game when i take their tools.

Sucks to be a whiny pvpers crybaby....wait...

Hmm do people really have this problem of not getting a fishing pole when they take the fishing skill to start? I have rolled every single char I have made as a fisher and have yet to not get my fishing pole. I get it some people do not know where to look for it when they start as it is not in your bag. It is on your back and you need to go into the Inventory and grab it off your back and place it in your hand.

Why is it cheating? That's your opinion. Rerolling my character to turn out how I want him is in no way cheating. I have every right to reroll as many times as I want.
    Are you serious? You don't have the right to do anything within the game unless they state you do. You agree to follow the rules that they set down when you log into the game with a license to the client. If they decided to alter the user agreement to state that if you reroll more than once a day you are banned for a week, you have no right to challenge that. You would have a choice though, wait or quit.

Anyway, what I see here really represents the fear I have for this game. Everyone will just exploit and bend the rules until all the systems that the devs worked so hard to implement are basically broken. The whole reason we start with limited gear is to try to simulate a survival situation and work together to rebuild society (or not). When you undermine that, you undermine the spirit of the game. The same goes for outsmarting the random craft generator. If we are allowed to do so, people will just keep rerolling to get that FOTM "build" until everyone is basically the same. In other words, less interdependency.