View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    joexxxz...thats what we have now. If I dont like a guy stading on my land I kill him.

No need to take out safe zones for that.

I agree with Jadzia's post. Combat is dull and uninteresting (here or otherwise). I once fell asleep fighting in an MMO, true story (yes I was tired).

In order for combat to be interesting it needs to have a major adrenaline rush to it, and that is only possible with a purpose. Getting people's stuff (aka pants) isnt a purpose. Getting their land for me isnt a purpose either. You need to take something from them that has costed HELL for him to get.

EvE has acomplished this by taking away your ship (BAM, no more ship, need to buy a new one, wich can mean either days or even months of work to get).

SWG was even better. When you died the penalties were so horrible you didnt want to fight anything for a week. All your armour would be broken (and repairs would never bring it to maximum durability again), you would have wounds that needed to be taken care of by doctors (players) and you would have the best feature ever in a combat MMO -> battle fatigue. Wich meant you werent a Raging killing psycopath and needed to take a break from it (go into a cantina, listen to some music, stay away from combat for a few).

Combat needs to take a toll on people or it just random clicking. Loot isnt a purpose for combat. Combat needs to have a serious reward and a serious penalty. Safe zones play no part in this. If things were like this, you'd walk out of your safe zone to combat and this wouldnt even be an issue.

If not this game either turns into a deathmatch arena populated by pvpers (like DF) or a WoW clone (where you'd go mouse click your powers on someone so you can claim Ub3rness Gank3r title)

SO redrazor , what is your solution??? No combat at all? You really do forgot about a thing called, "balance".

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Redrazor did you read the post i made about the evil player who gets on your tribe zone, and you have a 3 minutes limit to kill him, or he/she will have an opportunity to attack you? If some player comes on your tribe zone, and you trust that player, then there is no worries. But if you dont trust that player, kill him. Whats wrong with that?

Added after 5 minutes:

@Jadzia - SO let me guess. You never play games that require you to aim and shoot.??? You dont see that challenging???

Well this is what u doing. Forcing to make this a sim.
    I can sneak onto your tribal lands and hide for hours undetected.

Right. Did you forget that there is dogs. Who can sniff good lol. They bark also...
    So keep hiding, lol

What is the animal taming for, i forgot??? hmm

Right. Did you forget that there is dogs. Who can sniff good lol. They bark also...
    So keep hiding, lol

oh we're going on about features that are months away from being implemented... I thought this was a discussion about the current game situation. Not hypotheticals... I'll lure your dogs outside the camp and kill them.

So keep hiding, lol

oh we're going on about features that are months away from being implemented... I thought this was a discussion about the current game situation. Not hypotheticals... I'll lure your dogs outside the camp and kill them.

lol, not unless i hear them bark, bark lol

So keep hiding, lol

Solution? Leave safe zones as they are (the topic).

Make combat penalty heavy upon loss. That way if you fight someone and win you really cripple it for a long time, gaining an advantage. If you lose, you just respawn and go running to have another go.

In time I would like to see tribes voluntarilly removing their safe zones status as a means to enter a contended zone type gameplay. This would be voluntary of course and would allow you to conquer and be conquered. Those who wouldnt want to cnquer territory would just stay away from it at their safe zones (if I remember correctly there is a post from Xsyon explaining this is what is intended to be implemented). I also agree with the Evil Tribes having no safe zones, but this has some issues associated.

Alignment system isnt clear at this point since its not implemented, but beeing evil should have its benefits and its drawbacks as everything else, altough I'd think it would be greatly associated with combat (or sneaking/stealing).

Right now I disagree with the removal of Safe zones (even 6 months or 2 years from now) for those who dont wish to contend for territory.

all the little kiddies just want to grief people, it's only thing they can accomplish in life i guess.

we were already told they would never be removed it is gonna be tribe choice and pvp areas with no safe zones will be coming.

much more important things the game needs right now than to discuss stuff that has already been clarified.

If you play this game just to pvp your in the wrong game with bag permissions n stuff the way it is, it's just a inefficient way to trade armor and useless weapons.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze View Post
    all the little kiddies just want to grief people, it's only thing they can accomplish in life i guess.
    as opposed to the certifiable infant brats who want to nothing other than to craft in game because all they can hope to accomplish in life is moderate success at an unchallenging and uncompetitive aspect of an online video game <3