View Poll Results: Do you have multiple accounts?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One is enough

154 76.24%
  • Yes. I need my crafter and my PVP alt

17 8.42%
  • Yes. I have multiple accounts so I can be self sufficient

19 9.41%
  • Yes. I just bought a bunch to help out the company.

12 5.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    This is not Dirt, though after reading his posts, I repsect the guy. Plus I highly doubt (seeing his good attitude), that he would try the lameness of posting from his alt acct. to support his argument, because I know that is what you are suggesting here.

I understand you are doing a hypothetical here, but is still does not change what is.

Playing on an alt account is not like macroing. In one instance (playing alt acct.), you are still playing, thus, pressing the keys, etc.. In the other instance (macroing), you are not playing, thus the problem with your comparison. It's like comparing stealing (for more money), to having an extra job( for more money). Understand?
    First; I was not implying anything. In that instance I was talking to Dirt, not you. Never even thought that you might be the same guy. Stop acting on assumptions.

And you are completely off the ball on the other one. You keep bringing up the basis of the arguments as an argument in itself. "Why is an apple not blue? Because its green."

What is the difference in the advantage Dirt gains, whether the account was played by a macro or his wife? Or do you mean that the advantage is not a problem, as long as you pay for it?
    I am losing track of the criteria that macros are judged on.

And you comparison between stealing and jobs is faulty as well. First of all; in both cases it is against the rules. Using someone elses account is against the ToS. So is macroing.
    Second of all, its more like someone owning two factories and another guy owning one factory. And the first one wants to keep it illegal for the second to install conveyor belts because he does not want to or can't figure out how to use them. While completely ignoring that owning two factories is illegal too.

Only one account. I have always viewed it to be somewhat unsportsmanlike to play 2 characters at the same time. This view, in addition to my belief in "fair play", prevents me from doing so.

This is just my perspective. I mean no malice towards anyone. *Flame suit on*

Mostly i run around with Haida, an architect/tank who carries the heavy stuff. Dirt just sort of comes out when i need a tool. My wife was a basketmaker but rerolled as tailor and shes stuck not learning new recipes. Its nice to have the choices i do, and it costs money, thats all. Again, i still have less fingers than a tribefull of players and can only run one around at a time, there's no /follow feature here. I wont be screaming down the mountain slope with my 2 crafters and one tank clearing a vast swath through to the lakeside any time during prelude, i don't expect. Still though, buy yourself another account, one less case of beer, and live a little.

exactly, also even when your in a tribe having a alt is helpful.

I ended up getting 2 a/c's mainly so I could have 1 guy over by the mist and the other closer to the lake.Best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by jaqknife View Post
    Then why did they make it so you can log in twice from the same box?
    how would that stop anything? people can have emore than one pc :P

I see no reason why I would want more than the one I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
    I see no reason why I would want more than the one I have.
    I see no reason why one account would give me much to do 'cept stand and watch multi accounts make Tonnes more progress and enjoy themselves that much more..

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I see no reason why one account would give me much to do 'cept stand and watch multi accounts make Tonnes more progress and enjoy themselves that much more..
    My mindset exactly in this game almost all the cast bars are at least 6 seconds in that time i can alt tab to my other character and do another cast then alt tab back to the original character before they finish their cast.

double terraforming is more fun actually

someone could easily fish on 5-6 accounts at once

In Eve, I have two accounts. One is my mining boss, and the other is an electronic warfare focused fleet warfare type. But Eve has a critical difference from Xsyon. In Eve, when I'm playing the one toon, my other is still improving her skills. In Xsyon, skill comes only from doing things, so when my crafter is crafting, unless I play on two computers (uh, I guess... I mean, I could craft on one window and just be effectively afk while I kill bears on the other PC), got only so many hours in a day to game.

So for me, it seems like different games, different styles. Turns out my fiance didn't take to the game (I bought it for him) so I could have two accounts for the price of two matinee movies a month (i.e. an additional sub). I'll ponder it. I wonder how much I'd use it. Maybe I'll try for a bit and see what it feels like -- got until June to figure it out.

yrs,
    Shava/Ani