Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia
    Please point out which sentences on the feature page indicates PvP and tribal warfare. Quote it please.
    *The fact that stealth gives a camouflage effect which makes it harder for other players to see immediately demonstrates that it is intended to be used for PVP purposes.
    *The existence of safe zones also shows that PVP is intended outside those safe zones.
    *Protected player housing and storage imply something to be protected from (and no, I'm not thinking of bears rummaging through baskets and stealing fish).

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon Features Page
    Resources can be claimed by tribes.
    Resources can be controlled and destroyed to reduce supply.
    Character actions are tracked for Good and Evil and hidden stats such as Luck.

Weapon types versus armor types. [animals don't use weapons and armor; thus weapons and armor only go up against weapons and armor IN PVP]

Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.

Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

Player owned protected housing/storage.

[And last but not least:]
    Religion.
    [Planned inclusion of this last item obviously indicates we were intended to bitterly tear each other's faces off.]

And, Book, I'm only saying it's obnoxious to tell players they should have known the feature page was very different from what the game was planned to be. As I said, players were well within reason, and had every right, legal or otherwise, to believe that the advertising was accurate.

Too many of the more vocal posters on the forums want this to be a newer MO or DF. Those that didn't find this in xsyon have basically left.

The ones playing the game now seem to be the very ones the game was intended for.

To most I have spoken with personally, they enjoy the building up of their tribes and settlements. Some enjoy pvp but most say it should have a purpose. All agree that making resources more scarce would improve many aspects of the game including pvp and trading.

It is quite a stretch to conclude from the names of pre-order weapons that the entire game was SUPPOSED to be focused on PVP. It is simply not true.

Book, that sentence wasn't on the feature page when I bought the game, they added it not a long ago to indicate that they will try to implement a Mount and Blade type combat system.

same for me Jadzia.

Also notice that it says "will be revised during prelude". It is being worked on atm and we will help them test and tweak it. Thats what we are doing. It is NOT intended to be a completed game since it is in a constant state of evolution. lets all stop the wishing and get back to helping it become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Book, that sentence wasn't on the feature page when I bought the game, they added it not a long ago to indicate that they will try to implement a Mount and Blade type combat system.
    Okay thanks. Honestly, I think that shows the devs are listening and responding to what players are saying...

Probably not going to help those determined to hang on to their disappoinments but I'm not really sure, realistically speaking, what more can be expected... again, based on the realistic constraints of development cycles and resource management of real life companies.

Never played Mount and Blade... Hope it's a fun system .

Seriously, why you keep confusing PvP with combat ? Combat means PvE too, have you never played a PvE game ?
    The word PvP doesn't exist on the feature page. Not to mention tribal warfare.
    I figured I'd have to spell this out for you.

Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

There has never been any conversation about Tae Kwon Do brown bear or Judo deer, so that naturally indicates a player's stance. Since it specifically says opponent's stance, that means PvP. It pretty much also conveys that Player combat is a given in the rest of the area specifying combat.

Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings

Again, this isn't talking about whether or not dinner can come into your homeland and attack.

Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

Combat oriented games is much more likely to mean PvP than PvE, especially given the context of the prior notations... and the fact that Darkfall and Mount and Blade were both reviewed for their combat systems.

And don't talk about the forum now. Sirius said the feature page, so stick to it.
    Yeah... don't look at things that are directly at the heart of the discussion because... because Jadzia said so!

It will probably take a year before most of the things on the feature page are implemented (to some degree) and working well together.

No amount of ranting and complaining will change that, the dev team and the playerbase are simply too small to change that fact.

Jordi is walking a very tight rope atm, trying to be all things to all players. Perhaps that is not a realistic goal, as both sides may be dissatisfied with the outcome. Only time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    *The fact that stealth gives a camouflage effect which makes it harder for other players to see immediately demonstrates that it is intended to be used for PVP purposes. Stealth is not mentioned on the feature page.
    *The existence of safe zones also shows that PVP is intended outside those safe zones. Safe zones are not mentioned on the feature page.
    *Protected player housing and storage imply something to be protected from (and no, I'm not thinking of bears rummaging through baskets and stealing fish). Actually protected player owned housing means that there will be no tribal warfare and sieges, since player built structures can't be destroyed.
    The stuffs you listed in the quote doesn't indicate PvP and especially doesn't indicate tribal warfare/sieges. Religion has nothing to do with PvP.

I'm not saying that the game is not supposed to have PvP. All I'm saying that by simply reading the feature page no one would get the impression that this game is PvP focused, would never think that it has open world PvP and would never even think of tribal warfare. Just be honest, if you read a list like that about a new game and wouldn't know anything else about it, would you think it was about tribal wars ?

Xsyon Citizen
    The stuffs you listed in the quote doesn't indicate PvP and especially doesn't indicate tribal warfare/sieges.
    Yeah, actually, yes it does. Is English your second language?

Ill, the feature page actually doesn't mention full loot so please retract that comment before Jadzia illogically concludes that this cancels out all the other crap on the feature page that DOES indicate PVP and tribal warfare. We have to know our audience here.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Yes, balance is the all important thing. You seem focused on the starter items and their names: Massacre, Defiler and Mutilator... very combat-orientated indeed... but then there's also the Extractor, Prospector, Excavator and Harvester, which don't sound quite as evil, do they ?
    It was an indicator of a PvP slant that went hand in hand with the Features page and discussions on the forums. They did say they wanted balance between PvP and the other areas (required for a successful game imo) so it's no surprise that some of the weapons were given more craft oriented names. Jadzia seems to be on the bend that this game gave no indication that it might be PvP based at all and so people who wanted that had no reason to purchase it, so we're just having fun slapping him around with how wrong he is.