Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Killing animals that cant fight back.

Right now you are saying its a valid tactic to kill animals in water that cant attack you back.

If this is the case why are we even bothering with armor in this game? If they cant hurt me, and I can just beat on them freely all day, whats the point of armor or good weapons?

shrink your hp's down to normal folks hp's. Betcha ud be singing a new tune. Personally animals are fine for me, for u no animal is fine and untill they fix your hps, id say ur opinion on animals attacks should be with held till you are knocked back down to normal hp levels. But i also agree here on 1 point. See in wurm i noticed QL plays a HUGE part to the game. Higher QL armor= u live alot longer and take alot less dmgs, same goes for weapons and as these items decay down and loose quality (each time ya repair them and use them) their effects are less n less. Xsyon needs a QL based system. Sure we got it now, but its not working n if it is, its not working enough for armors to be truly noticable. Armors and weapons if ya get say above 60 QL should have a massive effect on the battles ya fight, but yes u get wat i mean, Higher the QL higher the protection and damages.

The number of HP he or anyone else has is totally irrelevant when you don't take any damage while fighting in water.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Right now you are saying its a valid tactic to kill animals in water that cant attack you back.

If this is the case why are we even bothering with armor in this game? If they cant hurt me, and I can just beat on them freely all day, whats the point of armor or good weapons?
    I can kill animals without even using water, and not getting hit once, like using a terrain and trees as a tactic, that doesn't mean they have to remove all the trees, because animals can't hit back.
    I can kill a toughest bear not entering a water and not getting hit once, sure it takes a little longer, since I don't have a weapon as powerful as yours, but it is possible, and I can do it naked.
    If you want to fix water de-buff? just stop animals entering water "to chase you" and you have fixed the problem.
    Water should be available for get away.

The animals supposed to be for hunt not for contest.

fatboy dont turn this into a ddt hate thread like drevar said it has nothing to do with his hp.TBH i would rather see animals just taken out of the game then to work my butt off skilling hunting and getting my butt handed to me everytime I run into a tough animals while anyone can just walk in the game day one and kill any and everything with this weak "tactic".Btw how the hell is this a tactic its 100% zero risk that is not a tactic at all.

Xsyon stated that it is a bug, but its a valid tactic. Which basicly translates into "yeah, its an exploit but we cant enforce it."

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I can kill animals without even using water, and not getting hit once, like using a terrain and trees as a tactic, that doesn't mean they have to remove all the trees, because animals can't hit back.
    I can kill a toughest bear not entering a water and not getting hit once, sure it takes a little longer, since I don't have a weapon as powerful as yours, but it is possible, and I can do it naked.
    If you want to fix water de-buff? just stop animals entering water "to chase you" and you have fixed the problem.
    Water should be available for get away.

The animals supposed to be for hunt not for contest.

There is a huge difference from, killing animals using good play style. I am willing to bet that you do get hit sometimes using trees and rocks, mostly because it does take skill to run around and not get hit. It takes skill to parry effectively and not take damage. Not in game leveling up skill but actual player playing skill.

Like in a First Person Shooter game. Getting head shots. Sure someone can get a lot of head shots, and its very powerful to get one. However, it takes great skill to get them. Also they do miss sometimes and mess up.

Fatboy, first Ive earned my HP. Second is, if I cant kill something I dont drag it to water and kill it using a bug. I run away from it. I think using the water or a rock, or a gate to heal up is a great tactic. However killing it when it cant fight back is not ok. It doesnt make the fight fun at all. Where is the fun in killing something that has no chance to even hurt you?

1 second old players shouldnt be killing Shadowbears without even getting hurt. It just doesnt make sense.

I think people need to understand that, gear, skill, teamwork, and tactics should come into play here. Right now there is no need for any of that. I would love to see gear more effective, and I would love to see groups of people out hunting.

My tribe used to hunt in groups now there is no reason too. Just drag them to water and kill them. Plus with the reason that only 1 person gets to skin its even worse.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Xsyon stated that it is a bug, but its a valid tactic. Which basicly translates into "yeah, its an exploit but we cant enforce it."
    They are saying that this is a bug and they are working on fixing it. ""this is bugged. Creatures should not stay and fight in water. We'll look into this.""

@MrDDT.
    Yes I do get hit sometimes, and as you've said it takes all "skill, armor, time..." to pull something like that with a tough animal.
    You can pull something like that even if you are a 1 second old as well, if you have previous experience in other similar games, take a Scyrim for example, when fighting giants, you just can't kill him by confronting head-on, you need to have some kind of tactic involved.

I really love the challenge, it is not a time for me to PVP just yet though, need to learn more about game and other people tactics, but that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    They are saying that this is a bug and they are working on fixing it. ""this is bugged. Creatures should not stay and fight in water. We'll look into this.""

@MrDDT.
    Yes I do get hit sometimes, and as you've said it takes all "skill, armor, time..." to pull something like that with a tough animal.
    You can pull something like that even if you are a 1 second old as well, if you have previous experience in other similar games, take a Scyrim for example, when fighting giants, you just can't kill him by confronting head-on, you need to have some kind of tactic involved.

I really love the challenge, it is not a time for me to PVP just yet though, need to learn more about game and other people tactics, but that's another topic.

Try killing a Shadowbear using your tactics with a 1 second old char. Im willing to bet you will lose 90% of the time. Would you care to make a wager? I can supply the account if you wish.
    Shadowbears kill new players in 1 maybe 2 hits. So if you mess up in your long long long fight once, you are dead. Which is how it should be. These tactics make for good gameplay and economy. However, not needing armor, good weapons, or any risk at all doesnt.

Is it even fun to kill stuff that cant fight you back and isnt risky?

hrmm missed the water part, but yea still ties into my post. ALot of us average folks use that water as a saftey net. Hell me n loki a month was doin that to a bear, guess what, he kept outruning us and we never killed him. Animals run from ya so unless ur packin heavy damages vs the big animals, the water has 0 barring in this picture. its nice for new folks to use, Doesnt mean the animals will stick around as all ofem run, and when the bear runs, he fights back, and the noob will still die, So just sayin :-P