Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

would re-sub for 9.99

I would re-sub to the game if the sub fee was 9.99 still have issues payin 14.99 for this game.

I would consider it too. But now that Salem has gone beta, and I got a key, I am not sure. That game looks to offer quite a bit, with a much smoother interface.

I checked that game out, nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I checked that game out, nothing special
    Having played it for a few hours this weekend, I found it has one of the worst tutorials I have seen in a while, not as bad as Xsyons, which there really isnt one in game. I do like a few things about it, but I doubt I would sub to it if it tried to charge me for it in its current state.

Umm guys you do realize, that they are like that on purpose right??? These games are not for everyone it is for people who do not want there hand held, and for them to find out how to play themselfs, Not to be rude I hate to see you kids or young adults which ever play games in the 80's and 90's, they where no hand holding or these tutorials that people so need today..

Not trying to troll you either, just makes no sense to me why people today like this so much, to me thats NOT gaming.. but what ever floats your boat, there is games for people who like that kind of stuff its called GW2, WOW, Rift, SWTOR etc.

Sandbox's are for people who are tired of the same ol' stuff we see time and time again.

Thats my 2 cents

To the Op, so because of 5 bucks you won't resub, its less than a lunch and MCdonald's, sometimes I wonder that people can afford to have gaming as a hobby . This free to play market makes me laugh, and to many want games for free and expect DEVS that bust there arse to work for nothing... Being in Game design I know the hard work they/we put into this, and for people to whine over a few bucks amazes me every day.

The game is 40 bucks where most games for 50-120$ So you saved money, they also let you go on the Test server when hardly any company allows that after you Unsub.

PS:F2P is not really F2P..... Most people see the word free and go nuts, and think its free , when alot of people end up spending more then a money sub...in the end that is...
    Last edited by jefferysauto; 09-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.

I have no problem paying $14.99 for this game. We are talking $0.50 a day here... You can't get entertainment that cheap anywhere. Just my $0.02

I understand people think it's a lot of money for the game, i think to, and yes Riverspirit there there are many places you can be entertained for the same amount, will not name the games.

I do not think that they will lose money on putting the price 50% down, because I believe they will get more than 100% new players.

And then they have say on the front that the game is not fully developed, so people dont expect more than they get.

I love this game, and I will happily pay the price for playing it, not because I think the game is worth it, but because I want to support the project.

as long as they stick to the style and they do not mix magic into the game and they stick to one server world, love sandbox games.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    Umm guys you do realize, that they are like that on purpose right??? These games are not for everyone it is for people who do not want there hand held, and for them to find out how to play themselfs, Not to be rude I hate to see you kids or young adults which ever play games in the 80's and 90's, they where no hand holding or these tutorials that people so need today..

Not trying to troll you either, just makes no sense to me why people today like this so much, to me thats NOT gaming.. but what ever floats your boat, there is games for people who like that kind of stuff its called GW2, WOW, Rift, SWTOR etc.

Sandbox's are for people who are tired of the same ol' stuff we see time and time again.

Thats my 2 cents

To the Op, so because of 5 bucks you won't resub, its less than a lunch and MCdonald's, sometimes I wonder that people can afford to have gaming as a hobby . This free to play market makes me laugh, and to many want games for free and expect DEVS that bust there arse to work for nothing... Being in Game design I know the hard work they/we put into this, and for people to whine over a few bucks amazes me every day.

The game is 40 bucks where most games for 50-120$ So you saved money, they also let you go on the Test server when hardly any company allows that after you Unsub.

PS:F2P is not really F2P..... Most people see the word free and go nuts, and think its free , when alot of people end up spending more then a money sub...in the end that is...

I understand that, I am a BIG sandbox player and fan. But this game is just not what I am looking for anymore. I cant say I think Xsyon is bad, its not, its just not what me or my guild were looking for. I have since moved on back to Starquest Online because that sandbox is what I am looking for, if only it had an active development team it would be perfect. But unfortunately it is on its way out due to greed, and legal issues with the owner.

But it is considerably cheaper than Xsyon and I find that worth it in itself. Its the price tag of Xsyon that is turning it off from many players. Its just to expensive for what your getting. Sure its 50cents a day, but when compared to Salem which is free, and SQO which is 35c a day, or any of the half dozen other sandboxes that are f2p or pretty close. And with "A" list titles due out by the end of the year, like Repopulation, PS2, MWO, and others I can tell you that many companies are moving to the micro transaction method of payments, which is turning out to be a win win for many gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Its the price tag of Xsyon that is turning it off from many players. Its just to expensive for what your getting.
    That is a very subjective statement. I might as well say "It is not the price tag of Xsyon that is turning it off from many players. It gives you a lot for the money you pay".
    See, I'm as right as you are. It's just a subjective statement depending on the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by severin View Post
    That is a very subjective statement. I might as well say "It is not the price tag of Xsyon that is turning it off from many players. It gives you a lot for the money you pay".
    See, I'm as right as you are. It's just a subjective statement depending on the eye of the beholder.
    Exactly, I would rather pay for a game I like than play a game I really don't like because it's free

Hodo if the game you are playing charged a nominal fee maybe they would still have an active development team like Xsyon. Lets face it, Nothing is Free! I believe Xsyon has been very smart in their approach to development. When you have a limited budget, you work within that budget and develop in stages while keeping the bills paid so you don't have to close your doors like so many (Most) other small development companies have done.

I will happily keep paying as long as Xsyon continues to show the professionalism and customer service they have provided all along.