Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I'm gonna add just one more thing before I leave this thread alone. This game was never meant to be about PvP, from what I've read and heard. Jooky has a plan to balance PvP and other aspects of the game and I seriously doubt that he will change it unless balance shifts one way or another. If all you care for is PvP this game is not for you.
    hey yoori, what is in your opinion "balanced pvp"? 6-9 months carebearhaven in a world with so many safezones? thats not pvp. thats hello kitty online. in this actual state is pvp and the alignmentsystem useless.

You seriously made me do this(post again I mean). There will be lots of meanigful PvP but it won't be as simple as good vs. evil, there's no need for that. Just give it some time I'm sure you'll find a way to kill me and make it meaningful

You seriously made me do this(post again I mean). There will be lots of meanigful PvP but it won't be as simple as good vs. evil, there's no need for that. Just give it some time I'm sure you'll find a way to kill me and make it meaningful
    That is exactly not the case since every zone is a protection zone now. Andn ot everyone want to play evil only. i think there are also good players who wanne PVP

You won't let me stop do you? If you want to be attacked from start you can choose evil, being evil you can raid other evil tribes. That should keep you entertained for Prelude.

But back to being serious, we start with empty world we have to set up economy, find out how different resources affect quality of items what's valuable and what's not. These things will take time and will take even longer if "carebears" are constantly killed in raids. I want global conficts, but I don't want them to be just about good and evil, I need more depth in politics. This game has chance to be for everyone strategist, crafter and hardcore PvP'er, let's not ruin this simplifying this.

This game has chance to be for everyone strategist, crafter and hardcore PvP'er, let's not ruin this simplifying this.
    Exactly thats what i want

If players are expecting a game world thats as lawless as darkfall then they are barking up the wrong tree and i know theres DF players in this thread that are wanting the FFA arena, but it's not going to happen.

It's clear the man in charge wants a game world that dissuades mindless killing by punishing murderer's with severe consequences. It's actually refreshing to see, it's realism in a game that tries to mimic a post-pocalyptic scenario where survivors are pretty much dazed and have no clue to their future.

So rather than allowing players to set about killing one another just for the hell of it, i'm sure there are those that remembers DF's launch where your biggest enemy was your own race due to the shitty alignment system that isn't any better to this day, the man instead has given players protection in their area's, and have also given players the option to murder, but with severe consequences, which is how it should be in a game like Xsyon, which has a primary goal of rebuilding and not instant warring.

In time as already stated there will be bigger conflicts as more options are added for PvP, patience is the key here, the world will evolve as it needs to, i'm sure dev's know this more than anyone.

i think its really funny that you call that realism because it isnt.

what are the consequences? that you can be attacked without consequences? ^^ amazing
    that would actually make me go evil not because i want to kill people but because i want to get you people to do pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    i think its really funny that you call that realism because it isnt.

what are the consequences? that you can be attacked without consequences? ^^ amazing
    that would actually make me go evil not because i want to kill people but because i want to get you people to do pvp.
    There you go, you have the option too do that Vodas, welcome to a sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    If players are expecting a game world thats as lawless as darkfall then they are barking up the wrong tree and i know theres DF players in this thread that are wanting the FFA arena, but it's not going to happen.

It's clear the man in charge wants a game world that dissuades mindless killing by punishing murderer's with severe consequences. It's actually refreshing to see, it's realism in a game that tries to mimic a post-pocalyptic scenario where survivors are pretty much dazed and have no clue to their future.

So rather than allowing players to set about killing one another just for the hell of it, i'm sure there are those that remembers DF's launch where your biggest enemy was your own race due to the shitty alignment system that isn't any better to this day, the man instead has given players protection in their area's, and have also given players the option to murderer, but with severe consequences, which is how it should be in a game like Xsyon, which has a primary goal of rebuilding and not instant warring.

In time as already stated there will be bigger conflicts as more options are added for PvP, patience is the key here, the world will evolve as it needs to, i'm sure dev's know this more than anyone.
    nobody wants to gank/grief the people without consequences. read again what the OP wrote...