Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well, I would hazard a guess that people who are not flagged for pvp will be protected (true) but will not be able to conquer any territories around them either. So in a way, if you are a non-pvp fanatic (like me) you can still enjoy the terraforming/building/crafting aspect of the game and relax with a beer after a hard day at work and teaching my kid his homework. But also be in danger of being beaten and robbed every time I wander off my homestead.

I like this compromise.

Now if later a few players and I band together and decide that we would like, after all, to join the pvp fray because, darn it, we are too bored of building stuff then the option is there for us. I don't see what the problem with this would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermn View Post
    I don't see what the problem with this would be.
    most don't see a problem with it except for the few hardcore pvp players that roam from mmo to mmo trying to change the vision to how they see it should work, these same ones don't understand Xsyon was never meant to be a pvp centric game it was meant to be a life/world simulator first with pvp as an addition

If people would just realize it isn't supposed to be pvp centric nothing should be a surprise. It's not like you will have no wars. Once things are built the only thing to do is have fun warring or whatever boss/pve content is availiable.

People act like pvp is gone now... when it isn't.

I love pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Not you 2 again!
    Lol.

Ok but honest question. Those 2 (KeithStone and Big Country) or JCatano and Immaculate?

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    You build some useless huts, pull some grass, call it a day ;p

EDIT: We've been saying this since last March and now people are finally starting to figure out there is no purpose to anything you do in this game at the moment.
    as apposed to killing some useless avatars, looting some virtual items, claiming some non tangible land and calling it a day?

anything in an MMO is "useless" to do, it boils down to each player killing time in real life to have fun..if someone enjoys running in a circle around a trashpile for 8 hours a day..so be it..its no more or less useless than PvP or city building..its paying 15 bucks a month to have a place to kill time.

just because you see no enjoyment in the activities, does not mean they aren't enjoyable as a whole. Why does an activity that does not interest you, mean the option for it has to be removed?

it would be like stating "other than having some scraps of old paper, putting them in a book, and calling it a day..whats there to do in stamp collecting?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    No, it has FFA PVP outside of a small tribal safe zone. Full loot. Tribal warfare and in the future the possibility of fighting over resources when new areas open up. I know thats not confirmed but tbh i dont think many people would object to that scenario.
    That wouldn't bother me, but with the way it seems. You just upend your totem, move your tribe, then make a new safe zone next to that resource. Or you have your tribe break apart and make "homesteads" around a few resources.

You paid for two months - I assume that means you will spend most of that complaining in the forums. Ask for refund. This game is not like DFO and I doubt it ever will be. In 3 weeks of play you must of realized that this game is about balance between the PVE and crafting crowd and those that enjoy limited style PVP. The ingame guides and the moderators in the forums are enforcing civility. Your idea of the game was wrong. I am sorry for that. I think in the end this game will look more like the highly successful EVE Online not the troubled DFO and MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    You paid for two months - I assume that means you will spend most of that complaining in the forums. Ask for refund. This game is not like DFO and I doubt it ever will be. In 3 weeks of play you must of realized that this game is about balance between the PVE and crafting crowd and those that enjoy limited style PVP. The ingame guides and the moderators in the forums are enforcing civility. Your idea of the game was wrong. I am sorry for that. I think in the end this game will look more like the highly successful EVE Online not the troubled DFO and MO.
    Yeah, it might look like Eve if they developers implement a system so that safe zones can only be placed in certain locations. Otherwise there's nothing stoping people from just placing safe zones over all the resource nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    If it's all consensual I am not really sure how it can exist Keith. They really opened a huge can of worms with this one.

I cannot imagine trying to campaign a war againts someone who has territories not wishing to participate. I just do not see how it could be done?
    'I like to play scrabble'
    'oh yeah? I like to play buggle and the rules in buggles clearly state that you are required buggle with me even if you dont want to'

Sorry, the 'your playing an pvp game' doesnt get you out of this one because you are clearly stating that in order for pvp to work you have to force people who dont want to into playing.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    For me to invest some time into this game and into building a city, those buildings, those walls and any other structures should serve some in-game function. To build it just as something to look at is pretty shallow.

If you think building a city just for the purpose of looking at it is fun I don't know what to say. Some people, believe it or not, like a challenge in the games they play and work collectively on something to strive towards.
    you dont need to know what to say, as there is 5 billion people in the world, you dont need to know why each one of them likes what they like..all you need to do is understand all of the other 4.99 billion don't all have your mindset. and respect it. its a rather closed minded outlook to have to go "I dont like that style of play..so obviously mine is superior".
    you can kill me on 99.99% of the map, and Im fine with that..why is it that last 0.01% annoys you so?

and Some people, believe it or not, enjoy building/creating/getting home from work and wanting to just kick back and play, they made Will Wright as well other other tycoon/sim/builder game developers rich. you ever play MS flight sim? its an amazingly popular game, but just because you can go "why the f*ck do people want to pretend they are flying from one airport to another with no dogfights?" doesn't mean that any amount of you going "that playstyle is boring" is going to make them go "wow your right my friend, how did I not realize this before?"